P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Very pleased to read that your day went well, Sue.  It will be something to look back on with some pride and satisfaction in the future,  I felt the same after my DH's funeral, particularly following a harrowing time over their actual departure.  And to have been able to organise the photos too; we managed that and it is very worthwhile.  I felt that he would have been pleased with the way it was done, and I know you will feel the same when you reflect on it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Morning 9.c dark and dry from what I can see here .

Regarding Asda Christmas adverts I think the elf ads are a hard act to follow for them .

The one I saw last night called "Joy Ride" I took a shine to .

Should have called it  CC ladies outing 😉 Only joking girls .

Plus it has one of my fave Beatles songs . Will post it below .

Hope our friend @grapau27 gets his phone back soon !

Have a good day everyone 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

Regarding Asda Christmas adverts I think the elf ads are a hard act to follow for them .

Have a good day everyone 

Love this Kalos! Heartwarming and with lovely music. Good choice.

I think Graham and Pauline are away. It was reported in the Sunderland Echo that the staff from McDonalds were outside yesterday with placards - "Come back Graham, our jobs are at risk".

Have a good day.  Jane xx

• Like 2
  • Haha 19

Glad everything went ok yesterday at the funeral, never pleasant but hopefully many happy memories were recalled.

I think Graham is away too, the absence of food photos is the clue and I am def missing them!!

I have a Hosp appointment with neurologist this morning, my walking has deteriorated over the last month or so, hopefully she can help.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have a Hosp appointment with neurologist this morning, my walking has deteriorated over the last month or so, hopefully she can help.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Hope you get sorted with the walking issue Michele must be worrying for you .

Also glad to read all went as well as could be expected for @P&O SUE with 

dads funeral .

Best wishes to both of you .

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I have just got home from the school run. I don't know what is happening but there is obviously some sort of problem on the roads.  I dropped thd children at the drop off point then got in a queue to leave the school drive, when I got down to the gate I couldn't turn right because the traffic moving in our direction was at a standstill so I turned back towards the A50 and had to mount the kerb twice to allow two ambulances and then a police car all on blue lights to swerve round the central reservation of the crossings on the wrong side.  The A50 was a virtual car park but I noticed the air ambulance was up.  When I got out of my car at home the air ambulance was circling overhead obviously looking for a safe place to land.  I hope that whoever had been picked up is going to be OK.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Glad everything went ok yesterday at the funeral, never pleasant but hopefully many happy memories were recalled.

I think Graham is away too, the absence of food photos is the clue and I am def missing them!!

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Hope your appointment goes well and she can help.

Glad things went to plan yesterday @P&O SUE at your Dad's funeral

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Have a good day everyone 

Must confess this advert does make me smile.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Love this Kalos! Heartwarming and with lovely music. Good choice.

I think Graham and Pauline are away. It was reported in the Sunderland Echo that the staff from McDonalds were outside yesterday with placards - "Come back Graham, our jobs are at risk".

Have a good day.  Jane xx

Perhaps he is busy ensuring all the local shops are full of sweeties for Christmas. Being thoughtful as always.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I thought the one on the left was Maureen Lipman with a bit of makeup.I was mistaken.

I hope she doesn't read this!  I think she feels she looks good for her age, like most actresses.  Although, fair dos, she is willing to have pretty awful hairdos and clothes to play Tyrone's gran in Corrie.

• Like 2

Talking of older women and their looks, my mother in law prided herself on looking younger than her years, and was very vain.  By the time she was over 85, she did look her age, however.  We visited her sister once, and there was sadly little love lost between them.  MIL said 'I am 89, Doris,  do I look 89' and Doris said 'yes, you do'.  Hard not to laugh out loud.  I had not dared to say it, of course.

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps he is busy ensuring all the local shops are full of sweeties for Christmas. Being thoughtful as always.

Knowing our good friend Graham ,he will have flogged his Christmas orders to his clients weeks ago but if his phone's not working could be missing a last minute order .😮

I have my trusty laptop (win 10) and my Samsung phone and note book ,so one way or another I can have contact with the cyber world .

Now I think it would be a good idea to nip down to his local Currys store and buy a cheap 

note book that would keep him online whilst waiting for his phone repair .

Now knowing our good friends taste in top of the range goods ,I think he would go past the 

cheap note books and come out with a Big Mac 🙃 pc . Being a McDonalds fan 😉

• Haha 9

I had to do a double pick up from school this evening, boy at normal time, the girl was taking part in a netball tournament so called me when they were leaving the tournament so that I could get up to the school before they got back  so I got 2 versions of what happened this morning to cause the traffic problems.  They both said that a boy had been involved in an accident just up the road from the school and the air ambulance had to land on the playing field at the school.  I suspect that not much work was done while the air ambulance was on the school grounds.

Breezy but a clear blue sky here in Lincs. too.

I bet we will get a report on a cruise soon from Graham - with some food photos.  I have noticed that when he is missing in action he is usually on a cruise, which we don't know about until he is back!  One good reason is that he posts photos of himself and Pauline, we know roughly where he lives, and even some photos of his house - all catnip to the wrong people.  Let's see if I am right.  I'm afraid I am very cautious - though living in a small unobtrusive place with no smart car parked outside means not too much fear of intruders; there are some fairly large expensive looking properties in the neighourhood much more likely to have valuables inside!

• Like 7

Good morning everyone, another grey morning but at least it is dry.

We had yet another fraught journey to school due to an accident that my niece said that was another child from their school.  When I said she couldn't possibly know that she said then why would there be 2 teachers from the school there talking to the police and ambulance staff.  I had to concede that she was probably right.

• Like 3