P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

44 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Anything outside the realms of the chattering classes in the more exclusive parts of Islington ceases to be of interest to the media!

We're in the far South-West. We had a major incident less than half a mile down the road that closed rail lines, roads, stopped busses... for two days... lots of police... some still her three days later... not a murmur in the mainstream "media" that's content to rehash old stories about "snow-bombs" or anything else that the "media" imagine will scare folk so witless that they with jump at the "click-bait."

Things may improve a bit now that the social elite are buying second homes in Devon and Cornwall.

1 hour ago, emam said:

Hello Graham, I haven't been on so much as don't currently have any cruises planned. I do occasionally check things out but haven't commented much. I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you name, but I don't normally check this thread. Glad to hear you are both well. We were at the Harvester last night for a lovely meal with our family. It was quieter than I had expected.

Take care both of you and all the best for the holidays.

Thank you Elaine.

I'm happy to here you are well.

Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas for you and your family.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 8:01 PM, P&O SUE said:

Thanks all for your thoughts, my mum has got one of those alarms she can wear round her neck, but she hardly wears it!

Hope all is well with you all. Haven't heard from @SarahHben for a while?

Hello

Sorry not been on here for a while but just had an email to say that you and @grapau27 had mentioned me 😊

We've been having a rough time with my parents lately. After dad being unwell for quite a while we eventually had to call an ambulance out for him and he ended up having a hospital stay. At the same time mum's had/having a bout of severe sciatica and can barely do anything, so my sister and I are doing shifts to help look after them both, cook their dinners etc. We're both exhausted and I am not feeling prepared for Christmas at all.

We'll be looking after my parents for the next few weeks then my son in law is having a cornea transplant just after Christmas, which with his particular situation will be a long recovery time, (he's been told he could be off work for 12 -16 weeks 😟) and his wife/our daughter is pregnant with baby due mid Feb so will need lots of help..... there's no let up in sight for us at the moment.

My husband and youngest daughter were in a 3 car accident on their way home from work this week too, they weren't hurt fortunately but were shaken up and the car needs some work. The driver in the car sandwich came off worse, a white van hit her from behind and sent her crashing into my husband's car. Fortunately an off duty police officer witnessed it and stopped to help.

Never rains but pours!

Have you been having a bad time with your mum & her health? Sorry I haven't read all my unread posts, there's too many of them. 

Hello everyone else too, I have missed browsing on here.

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hello

Sorry not been on here for a while but just had an email to say that you'd mentioned me 😊

We've been having a rough time with my parents lately. After dad being unwell for quite a while we eventually had to call an ambulance out for him and he ended up having a hospital stay. At the same time mum's had/having a bout of severe sciatica and can barely do anything, so my sister and I are doing shifts to help look after them both, cook their dinners etc. We're both exhausted and I am not feeling prepared for Christmas at all.

We'll be looking after my parents for the next few weeks then my son in law is having a cornea transplant just after Christmas, which with his particular situation will be a long recovery time, (he's been told he could be off work for 12 -16 weeks 😟) and his wife/our daughter is pregnant with baby due mid Feb so will need lots of help..... there's no let up in sight for us at the moment.

My husband and youngest daughter were in a 3 car accident on their way home from work this week too, they weren't hurt fortunately but were shaken up and the car needs some work. The driver in the car sandwich came off worse, a white van hit her from behind and sent her crashing into my husband's car. Fortunately an off duty police officer witnessed it and stopped to help.

Never rains but pours!

Have you been having a bad time with your mum & her health? Sorry I haven't read all my unread posts, there's too many of them. 

Nice to hear from you Sarah.

Sorry to hear all of your bad news and hope everyone recovers fully.

Best wishes for your daughter in February.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hello

Sorry not been on here for a while but just had an email to say that you and @grapau27 had mentioned me 😊

Never rains but pours!

Lovely to hear from you Sarah.  You seem to be having a difficult time at the moment, hopefully it will get easier soon.  

Congratulations on the news that you will soon have a new baby in the family.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Regarding post, we don’t get a lot nowadays but it is a bit hit and miss at the moment. 

My poor mum is frantic though, in her flats their post is bad any time of year because the postmen can’t get in the main door! She regularly got loads one day a week. She now hasn’t had any for three weeks!! We went to our local sorting office yesterday and asked. He said there wasn’t any for her, I wasn’t convinced he’d looked but hoped it was out for delivery. John went over there today but still nothing 😔 she should have had a weekly magazine and also a credit card bill. I phoned the credit card though and paid it over the phone.

I got a couple of Christmas cards the other day that took about 4 days to get here so not bad. It’s normally at least 2pm before our post arrives though.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hello

Never rains but pours!

Hi Sarah, I’m sorry for all your problems and know exactly how you’re feeling. Hope things start to improve soon. At least you have your sister to help. Mine is a good 2 hours away so most of it is falling on us. She said today they had a nice trip to the cinema, lucky her I thought!!

My mum has been staying with us since the 11th October when my Dad went into hospital. He sadly passed away a week later so we’re stuck in limbo really. She’s not safe to be left alone but she’s very stubborn and isn’t keen on a home. On top of all that John broke his arm sometime between my dad dying and the funeral! No driving for him! His cast is finally off now so he’s done couple of short trips which is good. It’s really too cold to be at a bus stop! He’s been signed off work til the 30th December!

• Like 4

On 12/9/2023 at 2:17 PM, davecttr said:

I don't think they can quote until i have a diagnosis, hence the first batch of blood tests. It could be spinal, kidneys, thyroid, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, bone marrow issues, blood supply problems, either arterial or veins etc etc etc.

I did have a nerve sheath issue in my arm when I was 20 and only now remember the consultant in Newcastle telling me it could surface in other parts of my body later and cause issues. He wanted me to return during the final student exams and said they will have to be good to diagnose that condition and most would think it was a tumour which it wasn't. I still have that lump in a much shrunken state.

My attitude to money will help as i consider money spent is gone anyway and would rather know the answer. i still have another 4 cruises booked for next year so i might get to see some whales after all.

I hope you get this sorted soon Dave, I’m gutted for you. Not great for some of us Medway people lately!

• Like 2

In lighter news we’ve just binge watched ‘The Good Ship Murder’ over a couple of afternoons! It was enjoyable fluff! I really liked Shayne Ward’s singing at the end of each episode. Bit daft plots, but I enjoyed the scenery.

Has Shayne been in the Limelight Club? He’d be good I reckon.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

In lighter news we’ve just binge watched ‘The Good Ship Murder’ over a couple of afternoons! It was enjoyable fluff! I really liked Shayne Ward’s singing at the end of each episode. Bit daft plots, but I enjoyed the scenery.

Has Shayne been in the Limelight Club? He’d be good I reckon.

We have started watching it, mainly because it was filmed on Virtuosa which we have cruised on. However we have quite got to like it, a bit cheesy but an easy watch and like you enjoy the scenery. Albeit I had never heard of Shayne Ward he is a good singer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Hello

Never rains but pours!

Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time of it recently, hope things improve for you next year.

Excellent new about the new baby due in February 

Take care

Michelle

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening Pete.

I just saw Alex Neil has been sacked as Stoke manager.

Tony Mowbray would be a good replacement imo.

After yesterday, it was clear his time was up. I have never seen such a dreadful game and weird substitutions. I am not sure about Mowbray, but looking at the bookies’ odds, the field is not extensive and his odds are quite short.  You are further into the process than us so hopefully we won’t be squabbling over the same person.

We are at home to Swansea on Tuesday and I think they are in a similar situation re a manager.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, pete14 said:

After yesterday, it was clear his time was up. I have never seen such a dreadful game and weird substitutions. I am not sure about Mowbray, but looking at the bookies’ odds, the field is not extensive and his odds are quite short.  You are further into the process than us so hopefully we won’t be squabbling over the same person.

We are at home to Swansea on Tuesday and I think they are in a similar situation re a manager.

I believe that Nathan Jones is still available after setting the Saints on the path to relegation last season😡 I’m sure that he would get a good welcoming 😂

53 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I believe that Nathan Jones is still available after setting the Saints on the path to relegation last season😡 I’m sure that he would get a good welcoming 😂

Please behave! We have had our share of ‘Mad Nath’, it must be somebody else’s go.  😱

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Our football has been fantastic.

Only problem was we didn't have a centre forward but that was not Tony Mowbrays fault as we have a Director of football who bought the players and brought in 4x18-20 year old unknowns.

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

not great for some of us Medway people lately!

You are right, all having trials and tribulations.  Also can't get post, can only speak to a Doctor over the

phone, road works on every corner and on and on it goes. 

The Medway Pain Clinic has  nearly a one year waiting list even though  there is severe pain.. its ok for me as I can spend the children's inheritance  and hopefully get some help but maybe not easy for some.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1