P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Another “what have I done” post.   Yesterday I put on my big girl pants and booked 14 days on Arvia solo!   Am I crazy 🤪 

No not crazy. When do you go ?. Lots of opportunities to meet up with others.

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Another “what have I done” post.   Yesterday I put on my big girl pants and booked 14 days on Arvia solo!   Am I crazy 🤪 

Well done. I’ve booked to go on Iona as a solo traveller in June. We will both have a great time I’m sure. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

You will have a great time, I bet there are loads of other solos on too 

Michelle

• Like 2

Nice to see folks booking holidays🙂

My mate Barry was wary of booking a holiday this year .

When he went to Spain 3 years ago his girlfriend fell pregnant .

When he went to Italy  2 years ago  his girlfriend fell pregnant .

When he went to Greece  1 year ago his girlfriend fell pregnant again !!!

I managed to convince him things will be fine this year ...

If he takes her with him this time 🙃

Enjoy your cruises folks 🙂

• Haha 20

5 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Yep, but sometimes crazy is good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Thanks everybody.   I must confess it is a bit of a trial run as I have already booked the 35 nighter on Iona next January so if Arvia is a disaster I can cancel Iona.   Well, that’s my excuse 😀

At least with a few of us Yorkshire folk being on the Iona cruise there will be other folk as tight as part of a ducks anatomy. 

• Haha 7

57 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

At least with a few of us Yorkshire folk being on the Iona cruise there will be other folk as tight as part of a ducks anatomy. 

I couldn’t possibly comment as I have no idea what you might be implying 🤔. Let’s just see who got the best OBC deal!   🍾

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I couldn’t possibly comment as I have no idea what you might be implying 🤔. Let’s just see who got the best OBC deal!   🍾

Probably not me as we are in an inside, however it is still by far the most we have ever had, we have booked the cruise before so did get another 10% off each, look forward to meeting you.

Lots of people with lots of news - lovely that the news is mostly, if not totally, good

i have no real news, except that it is a nice, dry, sunny if chilly, day, and, believe it or not, this time next week I shall be on a cruise!  3 years and 50 weeks since we disembarked Ventura early February 2020.  Looking forward with a little bit of trepidation - Iona seems a bit *enormous*

I’ll try to do a (semi) live blog - but that’s for the future.  I’m still vaguely waiting for whatever emergency will prevent us joining the ship … and I always thought I was a glass-half-full person 🫤

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Thanks everybody.   I must confess it is a bit of a trial run as I have already booked the 35 nighter on Iona next January so if Arvia is a disaster I can cancel Iona.   Well, that’s my excuse 😀

You are a really sociable person so I think you will have a great time. It was lovely meeting you last year on Azura

Michelle

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

You are a really sociable person so I think you will have a great time. It was lovely meeting you last year on Azura

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.  Hope you are settling in to your new home and that your new neighbours are nice. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Probably not me as we are in an inside, however it is still by far the most we have ever had, we have booked the cruise before so did get another 10% off each, look forward to meeting you.

You’ll be well into the swing of things before the rest of us embark then. 😀  Maybe we shouldn’t joke about the ducks - lots of them not too far south of you seem having a really hard time this weekend.    Hope things dry out soon for those affected.   

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Thanks Michelle.  Hope you are settling in to your new home and that your new neighbours are nice. 

We love our new house, still lots of work going on. Plasterers coming Monday and floors going down Weds-Friday. We had tea and cake without new neighbours yesterday, they are lovely 

Michelle

• Like 14

On 1/5/2024 at 4:55 PM, Cpt Pugwash said:

Weather here in Scotland just the usual Cold Damp Miserable but 'm Happy found out one of the other Airlines are now doing flights between Glasgow - Southampton at decent price and arrive at decent time so No driving with overnight stay for me this year. 😁😁😁

Massive difference in the pricing as you say. When there used to be two competing things were always much cheaper. 

May encourage me to do some shorter cruises and just fly down.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone.  Another cold, damp day here.  I was woken just after 3am by a barking dog somewhere nearby.

At least being up so early means that I have been able to put lamb shanks and vegetables in the slow cooker to be ready for lunch.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 7

An evening meal out with a former work colleague of my wife’s last night, they are have finalised their move to France and leave on Tuesday to start their new life there with their 2 children. We wished them well and will pop into see them when we are in France later this year. She has a French mother and her husband's grandfather was Spanish, so they have used those connections to make the move. Both have got jobs in France that they will commence in February so we hope everything goes well for them. We had hoped to retire to France, but unfortunately that wasn’t possible in the end.

• Like 9

Good morning.

It is 3°C and clear now after raining all day and night yesterday.

Today is my late mam and dad's 74th wedding anniversary.

I hope everyone is well and have a good day.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

Morning everyone, how are you all?

A nice bright sunny day, but cold 3c and a frost on the cars. A complete contrast of the last couple of days where it's been above the average for this time of year, about 13c, to below average. Shouldn't complain as it makes a nice change to see the sun after all the wet and windy weather that we've had.

Planning on having a day sewing today but other than that have nothing else planned, apart from cooking dinner later and staying in, in the warm.

Have a good Sunday.

• Like 5

Morning. Dull and damp here too and a very pleasant 2c😬

Just having a quiet coffee before the taxi comes at 10.40am and I stay until 6pm. Long days I know, but we are missing each other so much. The visiting hours are 9am - 9pm so they don't mind. I get a coffee and a sandwich from Costa downstairs and then sit and have lunch together. 

We probably won't learn anything about test results, treatment, discharge etc until tomorrow so have to be patient. Frank's looking and feeling better(and slimmer) so everything crossed🤞 I've lost 12lb over the last 10 days, I know I wanted to lose some weight but there are better ways🙄

Have a good day everyone and keep warm. x

Avril

• Like 19

Morning,frosty start but lovely and sunny now.A gourmet touch from my mrs with the Sunday fryup,lol.Cheesy toms with oregano.PS sis glad to hear Frank is improving.IMG_20240107_0940091931878.thumb.jpg.6b286b17941b12c2fa3cee50b30c2add.jpg

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone, how are you all?

A nice bright sunny day, but cold 3c and a frost on the cars. A complete contrast of the last couple of days where it's been above the average for this time of year, about 13c, to below average. Shouldn't complain as it makes a nice change to see the sun after all the wet and windy weather that we've had.

Planning on having a day sewing today but other than that have nothing else planned, apart from cooking dinner later and staying in, in the warm.

Have a good Sunday.

I hope the weather is good for our expidition to St Ives in June. We are starting to stock up on food for the Seagulls. It saves the locals a job.🤣

• Like 4