P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone.

Dull, damp and overcast this morning and 3c.

@lincslady I hope you're alright after your fall. As a regular 'tripper upper', I know wnat a shock it can be. Good that they changed your meds as that was some of my problem. There's no tablets for clumsiness though.

Frank is still in hospital and waiting for the colonoscopy to try to find the reason for his low hb levels. It could be this morning as they stopped one of his tablets yesterday because of the test🤞

He's still cheerful and eating well, he just wants his own bed.

I wish I could be the same. I've been putting on a cheerful front for everyone, but inside I;m quietly falling apart. At least I can be myself on here with my cc friends.

Take care everyone and enjoy your day x

Avril

Thank you for taking the time to update us. Hopefully he will be home again soon.

I know how hard it can be putting on a strong front for everyone else, when it is the last thing you are feeling. Everyone here is wishing Frank a speedy recovery and is also concerned about you too.

Take care of yourself, sending you both my best wishes and some virtual hugs🤗

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Really buzzing this morning after listening to Zoe Ball on R2 and her 3 themed songs at 7.30 were The Who Baba O’Reilly, Queen Bohemian Rhapsody and New Order Blue Monday, some of my favourite bands  and tracks. Better than most of the R2 play list nowadays.

Blue Monday by New Order is one of my favourite tracks, I still have it on 12” that I bought in the 80’s

Michelle

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Cold but sunny here too.  I had my GP visit yesterday - unfortunately I fell in the house on Monday, no broken bones thank goodness but some bruising and stiffness on one side.    So a  friend took me as I didn't feel able to drive.  Outcome, very nice Dr., high bp means treatment for 3 weeks then hopefully go on anticoags.  On a new bp tablet.  Results at home a bit better already.

More importantly, we haven't yet heard from Avril - hoping to get good  news from you soon.

Hope you are feeling ok after your fall and don’t have too much bruising 

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Cold but sunny here too.  I had my GP visit yesterday - unfortunately I fell in the house on Monday, no broken bones thank goodness but some bruising and stiffness on one side.    So a  friend took me as I didn't feel able to drive.  Outcome, very nice Dr., high bp means treatment for 3 weeks then hopefully go on anticoags.  On a new bp tablet.  Results at home a bit better already.

More importantly, we haven't yet heard from Avril - hoping to get good  news from you soon.

Good morning everyone.

@lincslady I hope you're alright after your fall. As a regular 'tripper upper', I know wnat a shock it can be. Good that they changed your meds as that was some of my problem. There's no tablets for clumsiness though.

Frank is still in hospital and waiting for the colonoscopy to try to find the reason for his low hb levels. It could be this morning as they stopped one of his tablets yesterday because of the test🤞

I wish I could be the same. I've been putting on a cheerful front for everyone, but inside I;m quietly falling apart. At least I can be myself on here with my cc friends.

Avril

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down Avril, we are all here for you to have a chat and support you.

It sounds like Frank is getting excellent treatment and hopefully he will be home soon.

Michelle

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Adawn47  it is good to hear from you.  I hope that Frank has his colonoscopy today so that you will know what you are dealing with and what his treatment will be next.  It is a good sign that he is staying cheerful and is eating.

🤞that it wil be good news and that he will be home soon.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I have just been catching up with all the posts, we all have lots going on don’t we? 

Following my second mammogram last week I had a telephone call from radiographer, all is good and no further treatment required other than another mammogram in December.

On the dog front, she had a check up at the Eye Hospital in Penrith yesterday, all is going well, another check up next week. The vet will be booking a Caribbean cruise out of what we have paid out so far!!!

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Chin up Avril

Try to turn your thoughts to making plans for the garden for the summer etc, rather than immediate, dark, what-ifs?  Fingers crossed the colonoscopy will go ahead today and then everyone will have a better idea of where they stand

lincslady - talking of standing ..!  I hope you are ok and not too shook up

It’s a lovely bright day here today, though perishing cold

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.

Avril

Oh Avril I do feel for you, I really do.  I'm glad Frank is cheerful and eating well and it's good that the docs are doing all the necessary things to establish the reason for the low Hb. Let's hope the colonoscopy is today. But (and there's always a but), you are one who goes home at the end of each day, alone, and with only your thoughts for company. It's lonely and scary. I bet you're exhausted with putting on that cheerful front.

You can tell by all the recent posts how much we're all rooting for you, so take heart Avril and know you are both in all our thoughts every day.

Love and hugs.  Jane xxx

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Just the same from me, Avril.  It is the waiting to find out about things that is almost the worst.

Thanks to all for your kind  thoughts - wobbliness and slight pains from falling much better today, and best of all bp has already gone down under the new treatment.  Remembering to do it twice a day and write it down for 3 weeks is a bit of a pain, but will be worth it.

Best  wishes to everyone, especially Avril and anyone else waiting for news.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

You can tell by all the recent posts how much we're all rooting for you, so take heart Avril and know you are both in all our thoughts every day.

6df5219fac89b5029a7a643e4fe7b118.jpg.ae827bc5010d741eff5f20abb1b8872f.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone.

Avril

Take care Avril @Adawn47.

You have had a terrible shock and we are all here for you.

Pauline was frantic 4 years ago after my heart attack when I was in cardiac care in hospital as I was always fit and strong and it shocked us both.

Prayers 🙏 for Frank that he has a clear colonoscopy and the cause of his low HB can be found and sorted.

Love and hugs from us both.

Graham xx & Pauline xx

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have just been catching up with all the posts, we all have lots going on don’t we? 

Following my second mammogram last week I had a telephone call from radiographer, all is good and no further treatment required other than another mammogram in December.

On the dog front, she had a check up at the Eye Hospital in Penrith yesterday, all is going well, another check up next week. The vet will be booking a Caribbean cruise out of what we have paid out so far!!!

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

That is fantastic health news for yourself Michelle.

Pleased to hear your dogs eye is doing well but sorry to hear the eye watering cost.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Peanut006 great news. So pleased to read the news about your mammogram result and also that your gorgeous dog is doing so well.

@Adawn47 Just so much for you to process at the moment and the mind goes into overdrive as to all the “what ifs”……

As everyone else has said, we are all here for you to let of steam whenever you feel like it. Sending hugs - as you can never have too many of those!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Great news Michelle - on all fronts. You must be so relieved about your result. The dog doesn't care - someone else is paying the bill!  Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Best wishes to everyone with health issues and worrying about loved ones.

I won't rub it in but weather on our cruise is still stunning,. 25c in La Palma at 1000 hrs and forecast to stay similar around the Canaries for a few days. Cruise still very good, entertainment has been exceptional. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Best wishes to everyone with health issues and worrying about loved ones.

I won't rub it in but weather on our cruise is still stunning,. 25c in La Palma at 1000 hrs and forecast to stay similar around the Canaries for a few days. Cruise still very good, entertainment has been exceptional. 

That's really good to hear as we join Azura in 9 days. Hope the weather stays the same as I am looking forward to some warm weather. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Really pleased for you Michelle, what a relief!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

Sending gentle hugs 🤗 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After a couple of calm days more annoying things today. Trying to register my Mum’s Power of Attorney with M&S and it’s a nightmare! I spoke to someone on Saturday she said she’d send me an email link to upload a copy.

Instead of emailing me back they’ve phoned my Mum !! And she can’t talk well. The bank was easy I don’t know why they’re being such a pain! Argh!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone.

Avril

CC is a great forum and this thread is a very special one. 

Shame that they can't do virtual hugs as I'd be sending one if we could... and I only give hugs on very rare occasions for very special people xx

You have been one of the stars and lights of this thread Avril. Thoughts and prayers with you and Frank. Stay strong.

We are off on our jollies soon but will keep checking in to see how things are going when we can.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Well a few more days we're told because they're waiting to book him in for his test as it's very busy🙄, so the wait and worry continues. Thank you all for your support it helps and keeps me to keep moving forward. x

Avril

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Well a few more days we're told because they're waiting to book him in for his test as it's very busy🙄, so the wait and worry continues. Thank you all for your support it helps and keeps me to keep moving forward. x

Avril

Please take care of yourself Avril @Adawn47.

Prayers 🙏 uplifted to you both.

Graham x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1