P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I have just managed to get home from the school run.  I don't know what is happening  but as I went over the A50  I noticed that the traffic was at a standstill.   I decided that to get to the school I would come back through our estate , a slightly longer route but not so much traffic.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Well remembered. It was a bit dicey driving over the tops to Manchester in drifting snow and -6oC. Once we were going down the Manchester side it was much better. Albeit a long day we touched down in Fuertaventura at 14:30 after a very easy experience through Manchester airport, no queues no hassle. Coffee and toast in Costa, £11.49/L bottle of gin for Mrs YP and off we went, easy flight no bumps.

We landed to 23oC and nice sun with a very slight breeze. In our very nice apartment unpacked and T-shirts shorts and desert wellies donned before walking down into town for a look around. We were going to come back and change before going out for dinner but we were starving and found what looked a nice Chinese restaurant so in we went, good job it was my formal shorts I was wearing. Menu B for 2 and a couple of large beers before waddling home, very nice. I think we are going to enjoy the next six weeks here.

Sounds lovely - not a bit envious 🤢.  Very cold and icy up here this morning and I have the pleasure of a visit to the dental hygienist so have to venture out!   Still, I can console myself with the thought I’ve only got another 4 weeks until I board Azura again.  😀

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Currently -5C with wind chill -8C according to app, glad that I used my unexpected free afternoon yesterday to put a double layer of horticultural fleece over the winter cabbages, hopefully will protect them. 

Currently clear blue skies, might venture out for a walk later, but stay indoors for now. 

A car was pulled over by police outside our house about an hour ago, reason only had cleared the windscreen in front of the drivers view. It was unfortunate for the driver that the police had been attending an incident further down the street this morning and had caught him as they were leaving. 

It is a  dangerous practice driving without a clear view.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes the sea days are the first and last. I’m assuming that there will be a formal on the first sea day but it’s more unusual to have one on a final evening for packing etc.. as you say they don’t normally do formal on a port day.

Thats why I was asking.

Oh I see, yes I’ve never heard of one on the last night either so maybe just the one!  
Anyway enjoy your cruise, I love Aurora.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After yesterday’s freezing cold walk out to the aircraft at Gatwick, today is a glorious mid twenties here in Tenerife with a view of the floating tower block that is Iona from my balcony. 

• Like 6

Called in at the carvery pub today and settled  for Christmas  style dinner..Well at my medical review  I was told  keep doing what  I've been doing 🤔

That's my excuse anyway !

20240118_123125.thumb.jpg.e3430c64e4573643947744725b2b50e6.jpg

• Like 15

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well and keeping nice and warm during this cold spell of weather. 

Hope all you lucky people who have just arrived on holiday or about to go have a lovely time, I am not jealous at all - much !! 

I have just been to the eye hospital in Penrith with our dog, she is doing really well, it’s about 80% healed. Different meds given and another check up in three weeks. I might as well just give them free access to my bank account. 
It was a lovely drive up the M6 though, with snow on the mountains. The hardshoulder of the motorway was covered in ice in some parts.

A rest from workmen at our house today, what a treat, it’s so quiet. They are back tomorrow though 

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 14

We have finally arrived at Bristol Airport after a long journey. It has only taken us 7 hours! The snow that caused railway points to freeze at St Erth was only very localised, and was clear a few miles up the road, but snowy again around Truro. It seemed all the trains were running late too.

Hope you've all had a better day than mine has been.

• Like 16

42 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We have finally arrived at Bristol Airport after a long journey. It has only taken us 7 hours! The snow that caused railway points to freeze at St Erth was only very localised, and was clear a few miles up the road, but snowy again around Truro. It seemed all the trains were running late too.

Hope you've all had a better day than mine has been.

I hope the points won't be iced up when we use the line...in June.

No ice here apart from in my drink. Walked to the local Lidl early doors, I found a nice Rioja for E 2.29, the fridge is full. Sat out for several hours, we thought when we arrived and the sun was on the patio we wouldn't get the morning sun but Oh yes we do. Just had tea on the patio and watched the sun go down. A great start to our jollie.

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

No ice here apart from in my drink. Walked to the local Lidl early doors, I found a nice Rioja for E 2.29, the fridge is full. Sat out for several hours, we thought when we arrived and the sun was on the patio we wouldn't get the morning sun but Oh yes we do. Just had tea on the patio and watched the sun go down. A great start to our jollie.

If wowzz was still posting, you would get told off for putting it in the fridge, we'll I suppose it's OK for a lidl while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is -2°C in Sunderland this morning.

I hope everyone is safe and well. 

Ah! Hello from one Mackem to another! Although I live in Bracknell now I lived in Sunderland for many years and miss it very much! -5 here this morning on my walk to work, but according to the weather app it "felt like" -10! 😳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning all,

-2 here, with a feel of -7.

Up early for breakfast before heading over to the airport building to check in.

I haven't got WiFi on board so will only be able to catch up with you if I pick it up while ashore.

Have a good and stay safe and warm.

Pam

• Like 14

More problems this morning🙄 Had booked assistance to take us to the terminal, but they didn't come. Reception chased them up, they denied any request despite hotel having received a conformation email. Eventually got to the terminal to assistance desk, they couldn't process the request until we had checked luggage in and had boarding passes. At check in desk there was a query regarding OH walking stick, although I had filled in the appropriate paperwork required by P&O! Am now sitting in departure lounge waiting to go to the gate.

I will finally relax when I'm in the air.

Will give you a full report when I get back.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, purplesea said:

More problems this morning🙄 Had booked assistance to take us to the terminal, but they didn't come. Reception chased them up, they denied any request despite hotel having received a conformation email. Eventually got to the terminal to assistance desk, they couldn't process the request until we had checked luggage in and had boarding passes. At check in desk there was a query regarding OH walking stick, although I had filled in the appropriate paperwork required by P&O! Am now sitting in departure lounge waiting to go to the gate.

I will finally relax when I'm in the air.

Will give you a full report when I get back.

Oh gosh. More inefficient customer service. Not the greatest start for you. 
Enjoy a hopefully smooth flight and great holiday.

Gill x

• Like 8

13 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lidl's the way to go mate.The same plonk in UK is 3 times the price.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RebelWithoutAClue said:

Ah! Hello from one Mackem to another! Although I live in Bracknell now I lived in Sunderland for many years and miss it very much! -5 here this morning on my walk to work, but according to the weather app it "felt like" -10! 😳

Hi and good morning to you too.

It is 2°C and clear in Sunderland today.

Lived here all of my life.

I hope you have a warmer day today.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 4