P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Another early morning, I woke up at 3:40 this morning and couldn't  get back to sleep so at 4:15 I got up and prepared the vegetables for today's lunch and put them in the slow cooker with lamb shanks.

We decided last night that we are going to start looking for a new car even though the one that we have was only bought last September but we both dislike it and have decided that Toyota is to be avoided for us in the future.

DH wants another Mazda because the last 3 were Mazdas and much nicer to drive and more comfortable.  The only reason that we didn't have another Mazda was problems at the dealership but we are going to look at the dealership in Stafford hoping that they are better than the Stoke one.  It seems like a waste of money changing so soon but at the end of the day comfort is important as we get older.

We have always been very satisfied with Mazda garage at Northwich (Oakmere) not too far.

Have to agree, very comfortable cars (CX5]

We are gathering together clothes and items today ready for packing tomorrow. We fly to Cape Town on Tuesday/Wednesday and boarding QM2 on Thursday for a nearly 4 week cruise to Sydney.

When I went to South America I could post photos on here off my iPhone but since then I can’t log on here through the phone anymore, other devices are fine!🤔

• Like 10

What a lovely morning for our first ‘normal’ day back

It’s almost Spring like (oh, I know - don’t tempt fate!)dry, mild, weak sunshine, but the hedges are alive with birdsong

We’ve finished the holiday washing, walked a nice walk and now watching our recording of the India v England cricket.  Tense stuff!

Apart from that, I’ll join the Sunday Potterers team, with nothing to do bar heat/cook a very rare Tesco Finest meal deal (and enjoy the included bottle of rosé.  Will make sure we savour that.  It’s dry February for me, and dry Mon-Thurs February for himself)

• Like 12

Good afternoon. Another couple of  potterers here too.

A nice roast pork dinner for us today with close family as it's our 59th wedding anniversary today. Coincedentally, Frank just saw this online ---

'A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.'

Have a good day everyone,  wherever you are and whatever your up to. x

Avril

• Like 27

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A nice roast pork dinner for us today with close family as it's our 59th wedding anniversary today. Coincedentally, Frank just saw this online ---

'A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.'

Avril

Happy Anniversary Avril and Frank. 🎉🥂🍾. I imagine that after all you’ve both been thru, this one is all the more sweeter.

Gill x

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Love The Traitors. Half way through Australian series 2, don't forget US series 1 is on iplayer and series 2 coming soon. Enjoy! 😁

American too 😱😱😱 I see some late nights coming 😁

• Haha 2

Good afternoon.

We have just arrived home after a fabulous 14 nights Canary Islands cruise on Iona.

It was made even more special by meeting and chatting to the lovely @Eddie99.

We had an aft balcony cabin.

I pre-booked 14 nights in Speciality restaurants.

6 nights in Epicurean.

6 nights in Sindhu.

2 nights in the Beach house.

The food was fantastic.

We had a tour to

Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife.

Costa Tequise market in Lanzarote.

IMG_20240116_112102.jpg

IMG_20240124_075652.jpg

IMG_20240125_183753.jpg

IMG_20240121_191632.jpg

IMG_20240121_182031.jpg

IMG_20240120_183846.jpg

IMG_20240117_184639.jpg

IMG_20240115_183509.jpg

• Like 22

Wow Graham that all looks fabulous. So glad you and Pauline had such a good time. How lovely that that you met up with Mr & Mrs Eddie99. Actually @Eddie99 did mention on her blog that she'd met some delightful people from CC but she didn't say who. I should have guessed. 

Welcome home both. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Wow Graham that all looks fabulous. So glad you and Pauline had such a good time. How lovely that that you met up with Mr & Mrs Eddie99. Actually @Eddie99 did mention on her blog that she'd met some delightful people from CC but she didn't say who. I should have guessed. 

Welcome home both. Best wishes. Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

@Eddie99 kindly didn't mention us by name because we don't broadcast when we are away.

Graham xx

• Like 5

That all looks yummy!

It was lovely to meet Graham & Pauline.  I looked and looked at the gent in the navy polo shirt.  Thought “I think it is.  There’s been posts on the daily board suspecting the Grapaus are on a jaunt.  But how embarrassing if not.  But that lovely little blonde lady must be Pauline.  It must be them”. By that time the moment had passed …

However, I decided that I’d keep an eye out and if I should see them again, I’d say Hello.  So I did, and I did 🙂

Lovely to meet them and to see, in person, people you do the forum chat with most days

Happy to hear you’re safely home Graham.  I have been waiting for you to check in.  You have a long drive - we had a simple hour-ish taxi.  Our man was waiting for us at 7.45 and we were home by 9

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Happy anniversary Avril and Frank, I hope you are having a lovely day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another lovely sunny day here in Fuerteventura, we have had a couple of cloudy mornings since we arrived but other than that almost perfect with just the right temperature for sitting out all day, so far we have had every meal outside whether at the apartment or when dining out. The promenade along the coast is ideal for a good walk or a gentle stroll with a nice breeze most days.

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

That all looks yummy!

It was lovely to meet Graham & Pauline.  I looked and looked at the gent in the navy polo shirt.  Thought “I think it is.  There’s been posts on the daily board suspecting the Grapaus are on a jaunt.  But how embarrassing if not.  But that lovely little blonde lady must be Pauline.  It must be them”. By that time the moment had passed …

However, I decided that I’d keep an eye out and if I should see them again, I’d say Hello.  So I did, and I did 🙂

Lovely to meet them and to see, in person, people you do the forum chat with most days

Happy to hear you’re safely home Graham.  I have been waiting for you to check in.  You have a long drive - we had a simple hour-ish taxi.  Our man was waiting for us at 7.45 and we were home by 9

Thank you.

I'm so pleased you said hello and we had a nice chat.

I was reading your live review daily and hoped you might recognise us because I didn't know what you looked like.

Pauline said and I agreed you looked beautiful and a delight to chat to.

We had a 320 mile drive home but stayed overnight last night in a hotel half way home so didn't get home until this afternoon.

• Like 10

On 1/16/2024 at 12:24 PM, zap99 said:

Where is Graham....I bet a cruise from Miami.🤣

On 1/16/2024 at 1:25 PM, Ilovemygarden said:

Or perhaps he’s on Iona?

I should have taken bets!  Glad you had a nice time Graham - food looks delicious as always!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice to see you back graham & Pauline, thought you were away but you did sneak in a few texts now and again but no breakfast / sea view coffee pictures 😁 .

Your photos of your dinners you had look lovely and I’m pleased you had a lovely time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning all.  It’s dry and our forecast predicts a maximum of 12C today, so the forces of nature are being very kind in letting us settle back in to good ole British weather (well, southern softie version)

No plans, no ‘must do’s, no cruise log to write! 🙂

• Like 5

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well today. It looks pretty miserable outside today with heavy rain forecast later.

A belated Happy Anniversary wish to Avril & Frank.

It’s noisy in our house this morning, plumber and labourer arrived at 8am. The downstairs bathroom is coming out and all tiles to make a wet room for me so I am expecting lots of dust & mess

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 8