P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Yesterday we were in Fremantle and Perth on a day tour that included a wine tasting in the Swan Valley, a boat trip down the Swan River and a tour of Fremantle including the old Jail.(photos below). Temperature was up to 35c but it didn’t feel too bad due to the low humidity. 3 days at sea now with our next stop being Adelaide.

IMG_0502.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0523.jpeg

• Like 16

Good morning Graham.

A nice day here so I will be out for a long walk later.

Starting to see signs of spring at long last with crocus and snowdrops popping out. It’s been a long, cold winter.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 11

Good morning, 

It is 11°c here and it was raining quite heavily earlier but it has cleared up now so we will probably go for a walk later.

I was up at 6:30 after my neighbour woke me up slamming car doors.  At least it has given me chance to do the housework and prepare the vegetables for dinner.

We should have gone out last night for a curry because it was my b-i-l's birthday but I had a bad migraine and my medication wasn't working.  I have an appointment at the doctor's on Friday for a checkup so I will mention that the pills are no longer working.

Have a good day whatever you are doing. 

• Like 12

Woke yesterday morning with a whole weekend of 'doing nothing'😀 

Daughter rang and said they were going to Hempstead Valley Shopping Centre for brunch and why didn't we join them.  Grandson and family hear and said they were going.  Mad scramble to get ready and had two hours of madness with them, as usual  Great fun, although it costs me money!!! 

During all this the phone rang and reminded everyone that  her Father in Laws 80th birthday  ' open house brunch' was today.  My daughter had forgotten to tell us.  So we are off again today.  We know it will be an hilarious day as they are a very funny bantering family.

The wine and bacon and sausage brunch sandwiches will help too!

So much for our sedate  quiet and lazy weekend!😍

• Like 15

Morning 11.c and a bit showery on this Sunday morning .

Maybe that's why it's so peaceful on here the day of rest . Very quiet not 

like a few years ago when all the church bells used to ring out for the 

Sunday services .

Talking to our local vicar about a handyman guy who used to go up 

into the bell tower  to clean them .He was accident prone and was forever 

headbutting the bells ,which then made a weird sound .

The vicar said "can you remember this and his name as he showed me a photo of him ?

I told him " sorry no but his face rang a bell "🙃😉

Have a nice day whatever your doing .🙂

• Haha 15

@kalos

I had  forgotten about the church bells ringing, we do not seem to hear them here.  When I was a child, mum used to go to church a short while before us because she used to put the hymn books in the pews before the service and if we weren't inside when the bells started ring we would start to run because we knew that she would give us a telling off for being late.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Woke yesterday morning with a whole weekend of 'doing nothing'😀 

Daughter rang and said they were going to Hempstead Valley Shopping Centre for brunch and why didn't we join them.  Grandson and family hear and said they were going.  Mad scramble to get ready and had two hours of madness with them, as usual  Great fun, although it costs me money!!! 

During all this the phone rang and reminded everyone that  her Father in Laws 80th birthday  ' open house brunch' was today.  My daughter had forgotten to tell us.  So we are off again today.  We know it will be an hilarious day as they are a very funny bantering family.

The wine and bacon and sausage brunch sandwiches will help too!

So much for our sedate  quiet and lazy weekend!😍

Have a lovely time celebrating 

Michelle

• Like 3

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all having a nice day.

It’s a lovely sunny day here. My daughter and son-in-law have come over with the three boys. Boys have gone out on a bike ride into St Annes and my daughter has gone to visit her Grandma in hospital.

Michelle

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Good morning Graham.

A nice day here so I will be out for a long walk later.

Starting to see signs of spring at long last with crocus and snowdrops popping out. It’s been a long, cold winter.

Enjoy your day.

Thank you @Eglesbrech.

We had a lovely church service this morning the first Sunday of Lent.

We called at the cemetery on the way home and Pauline put fresh flowers on the graves of her baby brother and her grandparents.

• Like 6

A very good morning afternoon to everyone. 

We have a late morning today after a very late night celebrating Valentines' yesterday... great night with dinner, a 14 piece big band and three vocalists. The first time that we've been able to enjoy the band since the "Great Pandemic"... so good to hear them again! the music was great! A real feeling that life's back on track!

We were totally unaware that outside a light drizzle had metamorphosised in to a yellow warning of rain and the roads all the way home were filling up with water in places. Had to watch out just in case some old geezer with a long beard was trying to launch a home-made wooden boat down his drive! The advanced warning was the pair of deer wandering along the road... two by two like. 🦌🦌

It's now bright and sunny day. We're busy sorting out photos and trying to leave the robins building a nest about six inches away from our French windows with a little peace. They seem to like us! and will sit and watch us from only inches away... we think that it's the same Robin family that's used the same nest sight for over 30 years.

Just shows how much fun a person can have for nought... except some bird seed and a bird bath.

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 8

A second ring on our induction hob ceased working properly last night, one went just after Christmas, so the urgency to replace has gone up a notch or two. Searching for a replacement Bosch Hob, there is no difference in price between retailers, cash back is between 3 & 6% on cashback sites.

However during search my local electrical store website popped up, took a look out of curiosity to see if they had one and they did the model we want is in stock and £100 less and a free set of saucepans, so will pay them a visit tomorrow, they do installation as well. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all having a nice day.

It’s a lovely sunny day here. My daughter and son-in-law have come over with the three boys. Boys have gone out on a bike ride into St Annes and my daughter has gone to visit her Grandma in hospital.

Michelle

Glad to hear from you Michelle. I was concerned your mum was having problems. 

Keep us posted on her recovery. 
Jennizor
X

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you @Eglesbrech.

We had a lovely church service this morning the first Sunday of Lent.

We called at the cemetery on the way home and Pauline put fresh flowers on the graves of her baby brother and her grandparents.

I was reminded of my much loved Mum on Ash Wednesday when I was out and saw a lady with a momento mori on her forehead. I remember my mum many years ago meeting a friend on the high street and telling her she had a dirty mark on her forehead while wiping it off with a clean hanky!

We are Presbyterian so it’s not part of our tradition and my mum didn’t realise until I explained it to her.

it doesn’t matter how long those we love have been gone we still remember them in the little things and in placing flowers for them like Pauline today.

I like the period of lent, it’s more genuinely contemplative than advent which has become just commercial. Im glad you enjoyed the service.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I was reminded of my much loved Mum on Ash Wednesday when I was out and saw a lady with a momento mori on her forehead. I remember my mum many years ago meeting a friend on the high street and telling her she had a dirty mark on her forehead while wiping it off with a clean hanky!

We are Presbyterian so it’s not part of our tradition and my mum didn’t realise until I explained it to her.

it doesn’t matter how long those we love have been gone we still remember them in the little things and in placing flowers for them like Pauline today.

I like the period of lent, it’s more genuinely contemplative than advent which has become just commercial. Im glad you enjoyed the service.

Thank you @Eglesbrech.

This was on Ash Wednesday at church.

IMG_20240214_101228.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Just a thought ... Anyone giving up booking cruisers for lent ? 🤔😉

Now let me think about that… No.  It would be a bit pointless for me as I have them booked already.

My friend gives up chocolate every year and just gets crabbit. She does however abstain for the full 40 days and she really loves chocolate.

I’ve been following the 40 acts of kindness challenges this year.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have an appointment at the doctor's on Friday for a checkup so I will mention that the pills are no longer working.

Have a good day whatever you are doing. 

The meds Frank took when he had a migraine stopped working after a while so the doctor prescribed him Pizotifen(? spelling)  to take each night and his migraine attacks have lessened. When he does get one just  two ibuprofen and a lie down works. He used to get them about once or twice a month, now maybe only two or three a year.

Avril

• Like 4

Afternoon all. Was a lovely sunny day yesterday but lots and lots of rain today.

Milder down South as there’s lots of daffodils out here including a few in my front garden.

John and I went to Bluewater yesterday and had lunch out. The shopping centre was very busy when we left about 2pm.

I hope Michelle’s mum is getting stronger xx

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

@Eglesbrech

I'd never heard of momento mori, so looked it up. Very interesting.

You're never too old to learn, every day is a school day.

Avril

I only know about it as I did a higher in religious education so studied most major world faiths. It was really interesting to find out about other religious practices and as it included visits to a synagogue, Mosque etc.

I was always going to pass it as I could fall back on the questions about Christianity, so an easy extra higher (for me at least having been to Sunday School my entire childhood).

If you look at older grave yards they often have symbols of death to remind the living that death is inevitable for us all so we need to prepare our souls for it.

• Like 3