P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not on FB unfortunately. CC is the only one I've ever or ever will be be on.

I know class when I see it😉

Avril

Did you forget to put your specs on this morning? 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Well that is because car manufacturers produce cars in base colours in batches, my current car is Grey, ( KIA), is nearly 3yrs old, when i was invited  last month to order my new (KIA) as my pcp is due to end later this year,Salesman told me this years base colour is "infidel" Red, if i wanted a gey one £500 more!! ....So i have ordered a red one.with a protective finish!!, also £500 extra. sorry to jump on your "random" post.  but i like to post sometimes

when i have a view to offer.

Insider information. Red is the most expensive car paint 

I know not everyone cares, but I am so happy to read that the Princess of Wales is well enough to attend the Trooping of the Colour, as a first step back into her normal life.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, happy v said:

Insider information. Red is the most expensive car paint 

Yet when I bought my new car 2 years ago, red was the standard colour and any other colour was at least £500 more. Guess what colour my car is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I know not everyone cares, but I am so happy to read that the Princess of Wales is well enough to attend the Trooping of the Colour, as a first step back into her normal life.

I agree with you lincslady. I think she is such a brilliant addition to the Royal Family and one day will make a brilliant queen. 

• Like 11

Good Morning,

It's very quiet here this morning. Where is everyone?

Still very windy but dry, and looking very rainified out. It's not very warm either, 13c and the wind is making it feel colder. 

Nothing exciting planned for today, just trip to Tesco and Home Bargains.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, lincslady said:

I care LL. I'm an unashamed royalist and will be watching Troopng the Colour from begining to end. 

Avril

• Like 19

Morning all

Proper horrible this morning, grey & glowering, very windy, threatening rain at any minute.

Our boiler decided to go o the blink yesterday lunchtime but a quick phone call & the service engineer was here and the thing fixed within 2 hours.  Good service!  It was only a little part & a fairly common issue I gather - error code 321 🤷‍♀️

Bit of a shock for Scotland in the footie last night.  Shame, though no doubt the hosts loved it and will hope that it’s an omen for them going on to win the tournament.  England had better get their act together in the cricket this evening.  Fingers crossed the weather is OK

There - I’ve prattled on, even though I said pretty much nothing.  Make the best of today everyone 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I care LL. I'm an unashamed royalist and will be watching Troopng the Colour from begining to end. 

Avril

And why not , much better than watching other countries that troop the missiles,

So we will watch it as well.Lets hope the horses behave today .

Have a good day everyone .

• Like 9

I certainly think that having a royal family is much better than the alternative, having studied various Presidents of different countries over the years.  And Kate is their best ambassador, hardly ever putting a foot wrong.  She has had a hard time over the past few years, as she must have been stressed by the Harry/Meghan debacle, before her op. and treatment.

• Like 8

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

Its not a bad morning here, cloudy but fairly mild and no breeze for a change.

We have visitors coming over today, they are arriving just before lunch hopefully.

Our local butcher makes their own tapas dishes so hubby just gone there the get food for us.

I won’t be watching trooping the colour as we have visitors but glad Princess of Wales is going.

Have a nice day everyone

Michelle

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

And why not , much better than watching other countries that troop the missiles,

So we will watch it as well.Lets hope the horses behave today .

Have a good day everyone .

This was removed  ?? Have not got a clue what is wrong with this post ? 

So bye for now catch you all later .

• Like 3

Well, I’m back from Iona. We docked at 0550, I self dis-embarked at 0700 and I was home at 0800. Not bad going!

I was favourably impressed with this 7 day cruise to Norway which was about my 40th cruise, but my first on Iona. Slightly bumpy seas at times, but Iona was very stable and even having a forward cabin, I hardly felt any movement.

I only ate in the MDR once in the evening. It was ok, but nothing special.

I did eat in Sindhu, Chefs Table, Limelight and Beach House and all were excellent.

I booked most of my breakfasts in the Aqua restaurant for either 0815 on a sea day or 0745 on a port day. On @grapau27 recommendation I tried the Quays for breakfast which was lovely and much quieter than the Horizon buffet and I also enjoyed the fish and chips at lunchtime.

The entertainment was acceptable but I did very much enjoy the dinner and show in the Limelight (Ray Quinn) and felt it worth the money (£28).

Getting on and off the ship in port was easy with no queues.

The only bugbear was the lifts which so many have mentioned. Ok at quiet times, but irritatingly slow at busy times.

I spent all my onboard credit bar 10p, which I was happy to donate to P&O….!!

So, that’s my cruise over with. I have unpacked, washing machine is on and I’m off now to collect Freddie.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Not removed for me kalos

i see it twice, @59460 and above this @59463

Should have gone to Specsavers? 🙂

Weird  , the post between your gin poster went AWOL as it went to LL post .

Now that ones back 🤥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all

Proper horrible this morning, grey & glowering, very windy, threatening rain at any minute.

Our boiler decided to go o the blink yesterday lunchtime but a quick phone call & the service engineer was here and the thing fixed within 2 hours.  Good service!  It was only a little part & a fairly common issue I gather - error code 321 🤷‍♀️

Bit of a shock for Scotland in the footie last night.  Shame, though no doubt the hosts loved it and will hope that it’s an omen for them going on to win the tournament.  England had better get their act together in the cricket this evening.  Fingers crossed the weather is OK

There - I’ve prattled on, even though I said pretty much nothing.  Make the best of today everyone 

You must have put the dodgy part in the dusty bin.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zap99 said:

You know who is alive and well and sends his best. He looks in often. Look for a ' princess live from ' on FB.

I’ve had a look there but unsuccessfully - is he still using the same moniker?  

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Weird  , the post between your gin poster went AWOL as it went to LL post .

Now that ones back 🤥

Someone been handing you a gin this morning ? 😉

• Haha 3

I have spent most of the morning watching the trooping of the colour.  I think that we are lucky to have a royal family with all of the ceremony that comes with it.

I am amazed that the Princess of Wales has appeared given that she is still having treatment for her current health problems, it must be exhausting for her.

• Like 9

A sad day indeed for those of us who like football. Scotland’s defeat last night pales into insignificance with the tragic loss of Matija Sarkic a 26 year old goalkeeper for Millwall and Montenegro and previously other English clubs and ex Arsenal and Everton striker Kevin Campbell who also played for England. Both taken far too soon. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Well, I’m back from Iona. We docked at 0550, I self dis-embarked at 0700 and I was home at 0800. Not bad going!

I was favourably impressed with this 7 day cruise to Norway which was about my 40th cruise, but my first on Iona. Slightly bumpy seas at times, but Iona was very stable and even having a forward cabin, I hardly felt any movement.

I only ate in the MDR once in the evening. It was ok, but nothing special.

I did eat in Sindhu, Chefs Table, Limelight and Beach House and all were excellent.

I booked most of my breakfasts in the Aqua restaurant for either 0815 on a sea day or 0745 on a port day. On @grapau27 recommendation I tried the Quays for breakfast which was lovely and much quieter than the Horizon buffet and I also enjoyed the fish and chips at lunchtime.

The entertainment was acceptable but I did very much enjoy the dinner and show in the Limelight (Ray Quinn) and felt it worth the money (£28).

Getting on and off the ship in port was easy with no queues.

The only bugbear was the lifts which so many have mentioned. Ok at quiet times, but irritatingly slow at busy times.

I spent all my onboard credit bar 10p, which I was happy to donate to P&O….!!

So, that’s my cruise over with. I have unpacked, washing machine is on and I’m off now to collect Freddie.

I'm so pleased you had a lovely time Gill and my suggestion helped.

• Like 4

I have enjoyed Troopnig the Colour again this year, even though the weather tried it's hardest to disrupt it.

The Princess of Wales looked beautiful although you could see the strain she's been under in her eyes.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Prince William, Prince Edward and Princess Anne standing on the balcony in their wet uniforms, they must have been so uncomrtable. They got drenched riding their horses back to Buckingham Palace.

Now for some lunch, fish finger and salad sandwiches me thinks😋

Avril

• Like 8