P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Apparently the Northern Lights maybe visible from the U.K. possibly as far down as London

Lots of pics on our local FB page. Will have a look tonight.  That entails getting off the sofa and going outside to find a clear line of sight . As folk travel to the north of Norway I think thats a small price to pay.

3 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

It is with a broken heart that I had to say goodbye to my lovely old boy he fell asleep on Wednesday evening 14 1/2 happy and loyal years with him many happy memories I will miss my best friend the most important thing he is not suffering anymore.

I'm sorry to hear your sad news Lindy.

• Like 1

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after 2 nights in a hotel in the lake District.

We saw faint red and green lights in the sky at 10pm.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

IMG_20241010_143152.jpg

IMG_20241010_145909.jpg

IMG_20241010_145855.jpg

IMG_20241010_200343.jpg

IMG_20241010_205535.jpg

IMG_20241009_185237.jpg

IMG_20241010_083500.jpg

IMG_20241009_185259.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14

8 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

My FB feed this morning is full of Northern Lights pictures taken last night, some after midnight, appears it was quite a display nationwide, to think people travel northwards on cruises to see them, and then don’t, last night you step outside and view them for free. 

Believe me Snow Hill, even though they are good to see in UK, if you are lucky enough to see them during a winter Norway cruise, they are much more spectacular, bright and vivid.

• Like 2

We didn't bother to go out for lunch today because it was so cold ghis morning, I dragged some lamb shanks from the freezer last night and have had them in the slow cooker with lots of root vegetables all day making the kitchen smelling lovely.  It is one of DH's favourite meals and easy for me.  He has just fetched a  bottle of red wine out of the garage to have with it.

• Like 11

Just now, Josy1953 said:

We didn't bother to go out for lunch today because it was so cold ghis morning, I dragged some lamb shanks from the freezer last night and have had them in the slow cooker with lots of root vegetables all day making the kitchen smelling lovely.  It is one of DH's favourite meals and easy for me.  He has just fetched a  bottle of red wine out of the garage to have with it.

That sounds wonderful. Where do you buy your lamb shanks please?  (Hoping it's a supermarket and not a local butcher 😉)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

That sounds wonderful. Where do you buy your lamb shanks please?  (Hoping it's a supermarket and not a local butcher 😉)

We are fortunate enough to have a local farm shop where I buy most of our meat and it is the only place where I buy lamb shanks, steaks, sausages and chicken breasts.  They are more expensive than Tesco and Sainsburys but well worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Love lamb shanks.We used to buy Stincos in Italy,part cooked  marinated pork shanks.Last for months,we brought a few home,lovely jubbly.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

It is with a broken heart that I had to say goodbye to my lovely old boy he fell asleep on Wednesday evening 14 1/2 happy and loyal years with him many happy memories I will miss my best friend the most important thing he is not suffering anymore.

So sorry for your loss,we had the same experience 15 years ago,Brian.

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

Believe me Snow Hill, even though they are good to see in UK, if you are lucky enough to see them during a winter Norway cruise, they are much more spectacular, bright and vivid.

We did a cruise to Norway didn’t see them, seen them 4 times in U.K., twice in Scotland, twice from my own home. 

Good morning everyone it’s grey outside and were due rain now for a few hours, it’s race day today 🏃‍♂️➡️🏃‍♀️➡️, trainings come to a end and theirs 5 of us in the family are doing it ( 5 k run ) not me I’m the photographer 😂, husband’s has lost 21 lb in his 8 weeks of training and I’ve lost 14 lb changing my diet.

Hopefully it will be dry tonight running from Bournemouth along the seafront and lots of money raised for charities.

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone it’s grey outside and were due rain now for a few hours, it’s race day today 🏃‍♂️➡️🏃‍♀️➡️, trainings come to a end and theirs 5 of us in the family are doing it ( 5 k run ) not me I’m the photographer 😂, husband’s has lost 21 lb in his 8 weeks of training and I’ve lost 14 lb changing my diet.

Hopefully it will be dry tonight running from Bournemouth along the seafront and lots of money raised for charities.

Well done with the weight loss and good luck in the charity run to your family.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very dull morning here ,it's like the heaven's could open up .

My nephew ,his wife and kids have just phoned to say their ship Virtuosa is

docked back in Southport . They are first time cruisers and cannot wait to go again.

They say there has been a man overboard ,which is the only bad thing and they are

delayed in their disembarkation .

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, kalos said:

Very dull morning here ,it's like the heaven's could open up .

My nephew ,his wife and kids have just phoned to say their ship Virtuosa is

docked back in Southport . They are first time cruisers and cannot wait to go again.

They say there has been a man overboard ,which is the only bad thing and they are

delayed in their disembarkation .

Man overboard sounds horrible - but I think they will be in Southampon;  Southport is not a big enough place to take cruise ships, although it is by the sea of course.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Morning everyone.

Looks like a we're in for a day of mixed weather. Looking out of the front of the house, there is blue sky and sunshine and at the back the sky is as black as the ace of spades. If it gets any darker I'll need to turn our lights on!

I should take a trip out to Tesco's but not feeling up to driving as my head is giving some pain this morning, so I'm just going to have an easy day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

Man overboard sounds horrible - but I think they will be in Southampon;  Southport is not a big enough place to take cruise ships, although it is by the sea of course.

Yep Southampton ,teach me clicking auto fill words on my phone .

Tell you what though would be handy for us ,saves a trail down south 🙃

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, kalos said:

It would need a heck of a long pier at Southport to ensure your ship always had deep water under its Keel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

That's lots of weight to lose. You could pop into the Cumberland for a fry-up.🤣

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, kalos said:

Northampton is on a Canal, isn't it?

• Like 1

On 10/11/2024 at 12:27 PM, lindyloo22 said:

Any of us who have had a dog or pet will fully understand the depth of pain....you have to do the right thing but it is oh so hard to do the right thing. We had our lad from 8 weeks old and he was 18 when we had to do the right thing 😞 

• Like 7

On 10/11/2024 at 12:27 PM, lindyloo22 said:

Edited by janny444
posted twice