P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

I took my top off also. It was a lovely day wasn't it.

Great!

Make the most of every bonus day at this time of year … they all help pass the time till the days start lengthening again

Final, slightly arty pic (taken by my OH, who is a much better photographer than me)

07AB6F21-976D-47B5-97D2-4690E83C14FD.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Yes, my daughter, immunosuppressed, received a letter telling her to go to the local walk in centre for her booster so a few days later along she trotted, only to be told that they'd stopped doing them due to the unmanageable demand.🥴 

I, for one, am heartily sick of certain politicians (Javid and Johnson for two) blaming the public for not taking up the booster when my experience is that everyone I know wants to have it but is having to wait. I booked mine the day I got my invitation, but the next available appointment was 21 November, making it 7 months and 1 week after my second jab, through no fault of my own.

The problems seem to be based on location, and whether the local health service is well managed. We got our invite on a Wednesday and were able to book a local appointment, within 2 miles of home, for the Saturday morning.

17 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Great!

Make the most of every bonus day at this time of year … they all help pass the time till the days start lengthening again

Final, slightly arty pic (taken by my OH, who is a much better photographer than me)

07AB6F21-976D-47B5-97D2-4690E83C14FD.jpeg

Beautiful day here too. My back door into the garden has been open all afternoon and still is at 4pm!

• Like 1

Had my flu jab saturday at GP when I went in they asked me if I wanted my booster as well as they had a spare one. So I was brave/foolish and had both. On paracetemol by teatime. But at least it is done and I haven't got to go back on 20th Nov for my booster.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Had my flu jab saturday at GP when I went in they asked me if I wanted my booster as well as they had a spare one. So I was brave/foolish and had both. On paracetemol by teatime. But at least it is done and I haven't got to go back on 20th Nov for my booster.

The nurse said it contains egg and chicken.I thought they could have thrown in a portion of chips,save us cooking tonight.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Had our flu jabs today in Boots.My shoulder feels like it's been kicked by a horse.I do weights most days and thought it was because of going into muscle but my OH has the same problem.

We both had our flu jabs on Saturday and have had no symptoms at all, which makes a change as I usually have to avoid sleeping on the jabbed arm for a couple of days afterwards.

50 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The problems seem to be based on location, and whether the local health service is well managed. We got our invite on a Wednesday and were able to book a local appointment, within 2 miles of home, for the Saturday morning.

I’d agree with you, John, that whether you can just turn up for a booster depends on where you live, but it may not just be how well each CCG is managed. Ours says it simply can’t get enough vaccine to do the job it’s supposed to be doing.

I really struggle with the concept of these local setups.  It’s supposedly a National health service, but the piecemeal local structures put in place by politicians to avoid all responsibility for it make it anything but national. The cliché ‘postcode lottery’ springs to mind.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’d agree with you, John, that whether you can just turn up for a booster depends on where you live, but it may not just be how well each CCG is managed. Ours says it simply can’t get enough vaccine to do the job it’s supposed to be doing.

I really struggle with the concept of these local setups.  It’s supposedly a National health service, but the piecemeal local structures put in place by politicians to avoid all responsibility for it make it anything but national. The cliché ‘postcode lottery’ springs to mind.

We were both impressed with how well organised both our initial 2 jabs were at the Boots chemists in Halifax, and our booster jab at a Medicare  chemists run clinic in a local hall, and how similar they both were. It certainly seemed that both were operated on the same format, and as a result we were in and out on all 3 occasions within 30 minutes, including the recomended 15 minute wait afterwards.

I assume the format was devised by NHS England  maybe following politicians recomendations, but I doubt that Boris, Matt, or Sajid were involved in the detail, neither could they be held responsible for the poor implementation and operation of any regional authority.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Had our flu jabs today in Boots.My shoulder feels like it's been kicked by a horse.I do weights most days and thought it was because of going into muscle but my OH has the same problem.

We had ours yesterday and a few hours later ,your horse kick would be a very good description

of our arms too. Most times in the past very mild but this time it was murder or was it red rum 

hence the horse kick feeling :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We were both impressed with how well organised both our initial 2 jabs were at the Boots chemists in Halifax, and our booster jab at a Medicare  chemists run clinic in a local hall, and how similar they both were. It certainly seemed that both were operated on the same format, and as a result we were in and out on all 3 occasions within 30 minutes, including the recomended 15 minute wait afterwards.

I assume the format was devised by NHS England  maybe following politicians recomendations, but I doubt that Boris, Matt, or Sajid were involved in the detail, neither could they be held responsible for the poor implementation and operation of any regional authority.

But some folk like playing the blame game. 🤣

Oh no don’t tell me the flu jab really makes your arm ache, I’ve got mine week Friday. I’m sure my flu jab the last two years hasn’t been too painful - unlike the Covid one! Ouch, couldn’t sleep on it for two days, still better than the alternative!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh no don’t tell me the flu jab really makes your arm ache, I’ve got mine week Friday. I’m sure my flu jab the last two years hasn’t been too painful - unlike the Covid one! Ouch, couldn’t sleep on it for two days, still better than the alternative!

Don't worry Sue it's not so bad now and I've been to the gym with no problems,cheers,Brian.

• Like 2

My colleague has tested positive for covid so have been at work all day so instead of today being my last day, I'm working this week at least.

The hotel closed at the weekend to paying guests and the contents are being auctioned off tomorrow, so people have been wandering in and out to have a nosy.

My daughter who has MS had her booster 3 weeks ago and my OH had his just over a week ago and if the pattern runs the same as before I should get mine at the end of next week. We'll see!

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Mine was ok Sue

Little bit of pain at the injection site for, say 36 hours, but no bad aching 

Hope you’ll be fine.

Worth it to be protected I guess

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I had mine about 6 week's ago.

I felt a slight pain for a couple of hours and took a couple of paracetamol and was fine.

Graham.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My colleague has tested positive for covid so have been at work all day so instead of today being my last day, I'm working this week at least.

The hotel closed at the weekend to paying guests and the contents are being auctioned off tomorrow, so people have been wandering in and out to have a nosy.

My daughter who has MS had her booster 3 weeks ago and my OH had his just over a week ago and if the pattern runs the same as before I should get mine at the end of next week. We'll see!

We have our boosters booked for 13 Nov, hopefully it won’t be cancelled. Covid rates in our area (Fylde) are going up at the moment. 
I have MS too and have tried my best to be cautious during the pandemic, still wear a mask, sanitise trolly at supermarket etc

Take care everyone and stay safe 

Michelle

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I had my flu jab the day before we went on holiday.

I took three large preventative glasses of merlot and had no pain in my arm or any other problems.

I had mine the end of September, didn’t feel a thing this time not even the needle going in , me’s think they injected water in 😂

hope you’re having a fab time Wowzz