P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

Some rain here also.

Just the usual's about the weather, and the effects of covid / flu jabs.

Goodness me you are determined aren't you? 

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are having a lazy day at home today because the rain is pouring down outside.

This was my breakfast.

Graham.

IMG_20211103_123225.jpg

Graham that is a breakfast of champions now if only that could appear on the room service menu my first world life would be made. Instead I shall just have to keep "complaining", cough up the £2.50, tip the server and be grateful. 

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’m having my flu jab at local chemist tomorrow.

I am eligible for my Covid booster from next Tuesday and am waiting to see if I get a text or a letter from the NHS as I have moved house and GP surgery in last few weeks. I suspect I may have to phone 119.

John has just had a txt from the NHS telling him he is eligible and he’s currently on the website trying to find an appointment. I would consider going on the NHS website and putting your NHS number in and seeing if it lets you book.

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Goodness we all need some lightheartedness, especially with your worries about your parents Sue!

I hope all as going as well as can be expected, are you looking after your Grandson today as well as caring for your parents?

Make sure that you take care of yourself as well as all the others xx

Thank you. Today was the first day I’ve had Joshua in 3 weeks! It was lovely. Mum and Dad insisted on going home Friday which was a bit of a worry but I can’t stop them! 

Dad hadn’t felt good the last few days but yesterday he had a call from the cardiac rehab nurse and a visit from my son and grandson and I’m pleased to say he’s more cheerful again and eating better.

John should have been off today but he’s swapped it to tomorrow as he’s got to take my mum to a cataract appointment as, of course, my Dad can’t drive.

• Like 7

Here I am.. an attention seeker and a sympathy seeker  please....  I make no apologies!!!!😄

As you probably know I am already kind of disabled due to a severe accident.  One lower leg /ankle useless....

Well last night I caught my good foot, which drags slightly on the corner of a mat.  To stop myself falling I flung myself sideways and landed on OH very ungracefully in a heap.. I frightened him almost to death.

It was very sore this morning with a small bruise but because it was my only good foot I decided to pop into Minor Injuries just to make sure.  Ooooh *^*"!^***   it's fractured.  They decided not to plaster today due to my mobility but I now have a giant boot and must rest it for six weeks at least.

The hospital only had small crutches but they weren't much good so we went to a mobility shop and bought some.  I didn't know they are so scary to get used to.

🤣

I will not moan,  I will not moan😱

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Here I am.. an attention seeker and a sympathy seeker  please....  I make no apologies!!!!😄

As you probably know I am already kind of disabled due to a severe accident.  One lower leg /ankle useless....

Well last night I caught my good foot, which drags slightly on the corner of a mat.  To stop myself falling I flung myself sideways and landed on OH very ungracefully in a heap.. I frightened him almost to death.

It was very sore this morning with a small bruise but because it was my only good foot I decided to pop into Minor Injuries just to make sure.  Ooooh *^*"!^***   it's fractured.  They decided not to plaster today due to my mobility but I now have a giant boot and must rest it for six weeks at least.

The hospital only had small crutches but they weren't much good so we went to a mobility shop and bought some.  I didn't know they are so scary to get used to.

🤣

Oh bless you, good you can laugh about it! Have a virtual hug!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

Oh no. I’m so sorry to hear that……. I think you have every reason to have a moan but what a shame OH didn’t provide you with a more cushioned landing……🤣

Take care……

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

21 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

You moan as much as you want to Indiana - full permission given by all your friends and attention seekers on here! I do hope you get used to the crutches soon and that you're not in too much pain. Look after yourself and take it easy. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

Oh how horrible for you, you poor thing. So sorry to hear that. Take care and hope you are soon feeling better.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

Oh no, how awful, I think that you're quite entitled to moan!

I hope that you're on the mend soon. Be careful on those crutches.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

So sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you are not in too much pain. Wishing you all the best and take care.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

Oh you poor thing!

Do as you are told and rest, rest, rest.  Let him indoors pamper you

Ditch the mat?  Ditch all mats?  Scour the house for other potential trip hazards

Get well very soon

• Like 5

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

I'm so sorry to hear that your OH had a nasty shock when you pounced on him in an untimely manner which must have been a little distressing to say the least :classic_unsure: but knowing you are a good soul we will say no more about it :classic_smile: Speaking from experience I know how painful those fractures can be . So as others have said feel free to have a little moan , we would support you but as you said you now have some crutches for that :classic_smile: :classic_wink:

Hope you heal/get well soon so please take care and stay safe :classic_love::classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Another lovely sunny day, though the temperature is dropping like a stone now

Pub lunch, overlooking the harbour.  OK, but just a pub lunch.  Fussy, aren’t I?

3ABC4350-CFCC-430C-A917-4B727D67B15D.thumb.jpeg.afc46fe5d34ab8409ac400399571554c.jpeg

20E17AA7-A216-4050-B259-EE5CA78EB4BC.thumb.jpeg.953dc2164862aa5f0076d2e3da9eb487.jpeg

Now I am moaning as I wish that was us Presto2s 😞

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

Some rain here also.

Just the usual's and the daily moans about the weather, and the effects of covid / flu jabs has on them.

On a slightly different tack, what's Forest Gate like these days?  I used to pass through it many years ago on my way back from the City, but I suspect it's changed over recent years. Gentrification, perhaps?

Knew a barrister who moved there not so long ago when it started to change, but he was mugged on his way home from the station and has moved further out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh you poor thing!

Do as you are told and rest, rest, rest.  Let him indoors pamper you

Ditch the mat?  Ditch all mats?  Scour the house for other potential trip hazards

Get well very soon

Sorry to hear about the accident and I agree with Eddie, ditch the mats. My parents have them everywhere, I remove them and then find that they’re back in situ when I next visit! 

• Like 7

Thanks everyone.  Your wishes certainly  make all of us with troubles feel much better.

Booked on QE in 6 weeks.  It was a surprise present.  I wonder if I will make it.  The balance hasn't been paid yet so hard thinking next week.   It was a cruise I ruined when that damned lift door squashed me... we didn't get on that either.

The message from the grandchildren made me crack up.. it just said "You Donut"  😆😂

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

You really want to look like fish and chips ? How will you decide which one of you is the fish and which one of you is the portion of chips? 😇

I meant going out for lunch but am not trying to work out which one of us the fish and the other the chips. Think I am more like a mushy pea !!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3