P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

As you may know, two regular posters on here each have static caravans with their respective partners less than a mile away from the castle they are using for I’m a Celebrity. Over the last couple of months the castle has been closed to visitors, a village of temporary buildings has appeared in the castle grounds for the ‘studio’ where Ant and Dec do their  scenes, various production and staff facilities for the hundreds of staff and even a kitchen where they prepare for the eating trials etc. Abergele has an official ‘I’m a Celebrity’ shop for buying merchandise and a chance to sit on the winner’s throne, and the speed limit on the road past the castle has been cut to 20mph.

I doubt we will see Ant and Dec or any contestants who have been voted out anywhere in the vicinity but it may be an interesting couple of weeks.

Is the caravan site standing in for the 6 star hotel they had in Os.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Poor Teddy. 

We are very lucky, Bella either watches the fireworks excitedly or sleeps through them, as she did last night... 

Stringfellows eh...😊

It was the N98 night bus back to Romford that was the killer for me, often straight to work after... 

Hot chocolate and early nights are more my thing now. 

Andy 

Nice to hear from you Andy.Big game tomorrow GOYI.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have had the best day for a long time today.  I went to the NEC Creative Crafts show with my friend, this is something that we have done twice a year for over 20 years until last year when Covid put a stop to it.  I can now start to make my Christmas cards next week, I have enough jewellery findings and sewing supplies to last until we go again next March.  David picked us up from the station and when he saw our bags he said he didn't want to know or think about how much we had spent.

We are now being treated to a firework display courtesy of the people who are having firework parties someone nearby is having a barbecue judging by the smell when we got home.

We used to travel up to various craft fairs and often made it a two day visit with an overnight stay, as we are so far away from most of them. The nearest venue to us for any craft show is Exeter, but obviously didn't got last year and I was working this September so couldn't make it, maybe next year.

Looks like it might be another bright sunny day down here and it still feels mild.

We had a big firework display in one of the gardens opposite us which kept us entertained for quiet a long time last night. Hope that those of you with pets, that they don't get too stressed if there are any fireworks around.

Today is supposed to be my last day at work, so although I am looking for something else, I'm not very hopeful. Although I have been asked to stay in touch with my present employers for when they re-open the hotel.

The only other thing planned for today is my booster jab at my GP's surgery.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning Brian.

Massive game... 

How times change... 

Andy 

Missed you Andy. Have you been hiding away in Walton ?

After seeing the mighty Colchester United in majestic form last night on BBC, all the matches this weekend will be a bit of a let down. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Is the caravan site standing in for the 6 star hotel they had in Os.

I believe a lot of the crew are ‘housed’ on some of the sites in the vicinity. As for Ant and Dec and those voted out, who knows? I cannot think of any 6 star hotels around Abergele though. Rhyl? Llandudno? Towyn? More likely somewhere away from the coast.

• Like 1

Good morning Hope everyone's good today :classic_smile:

Last night was brilliant if you're in to fireworks to either side of us the neighbours had 

a fireworks party and non of your cheap stuff either ,(it must have cost a rocket :classic_wink:)

Best thing is they are both dog owners ,not sure if they were listening to the radio or 

possibly on a mild sedative such has heroin :classic_unsure: Mrs K was going to watch a tv

programme about a posh hotel but gave up as the house shook like it was happy hour

in a war zone but they were impressive to watch .A far cry from the deluxe box of 

Standard /Lion fireworks I had as a kid ..Half a dozen fizzles & pops and a rocket

that took off if you were lucky :classic_smile: Today is the day we should look towards cooking 

our sprouts as it is only 7 week away from the big day :classic_smile: A few changes this year 

we are not having the Pigs in  Blankets ..We prefer to call them guests in the spare

bedroom :classic_unsure: I don't think I will bother with Christmas baking either as those cookery 

books are hard to follow . The part that confuses me is " Separate two eggs " ....

but how far apart should you keep them ? :classic_unsure: 

Stay safe and keep smiling guys :classic_love:

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Poor Teddy. 

We are very lucky, Bella either watches the fireworks excitedly or sleeps through them, as she did last night... 

Stringfellows eh...😊

It was the N98 night bus back to Romford that was the killer for me, often straight to work after... 

Hot chocolate and early nights are more my thing now. 

Andy 

Nice to see you back Andy, I hope you're all well.

Avril

• Like 3

Quite a nice day at the moment, very mild for the time of year. We both had sore arms last night after the covid booster but it has just about worn off overnight. We set off for the local bonfire last night but it were packed to t'gunnels and full of snottery kids (not really unexpected of course) so we thought if everybody is here the pub should be quiet, and it was.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

'Bit the bullet' yesterday and with trepidation booked a Jan 2023 South America tour. A week land tour of Brazil and Argentina, a 14 day Princess cruise to Argentina, Uruguay, Falklands and Chile followed by a week in Peru including Machu Picchu. Risky even in the current improved covid situation but hopefully even better by then?? Mind you we are on a 28 day QM2 Caribbean cruise in only 2 months time!!

We currently have a Caribbean cruise with Cunard in Jan 2022, Eastern Med with P&O Oct 2022 (delayed by 2 years), South America Princess Jan 2023 and considering a newly released summer and autumn 2023 cruise with P&O. The covid situation is still worrying but can't put things off for ever. Had a Sky Princess cruise last month which somewhat brought me out of my covid 18 month shell where I had avoided social situations, was really apprehensive before but within 30 minutes on board and sitting in the buffet felt like a cloud was lifted and we were back. 

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Missed you Andy. Have you been hiding away in Walton ?

After seeing the mighty Colchester United in majestic form last night on BBC, all the matches this weekend will be a bit of a let down. 

We have been up to Walton twice this year Wowzz, even hired a beach hut... 🏖️

How the mighty have fallen😂

The old Layer Road was a funny ground, looked like it was just dropped in the street... 

Andy 

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We have been up to Walton twice this year Wowzz, even hired a beach hut... 🏖️

How the mighty have fallen😂

The old Layer Road was a funny ground, looked like it was just dropped in the street... 

Andy 

I was a pretty much a regular at Layer Road for 20 years from around 1962 !

Ball boys had to be stationed in Layer Road in order to recover balls that were kicked over the stand !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Hi Jane. My day is exactly the same of yours apart from the trip to PAH. I’m so sorry to hear Teddy was so upset by the fireworks. It is horrible to witness their distress. We had Classic FM on all evening and it did seem to help Freddie. He barked every time a firework went off but was not shaking in fear like on previous occasions.

I’m so loving Strictly this year and am now looking forward to I’m a Celebrity starting in two weeks which has a rather good line up this year (altho there are a couple that I’ve never heard of). What an exciting life I lead!

Gill x

Excellent line up for I'm a Celeb, it should be quite funny! I am also enjoying Strictly, Rose last week was amazing, she is my tops to win 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

I believe a lot of the crew are ‘housed’ on some of the sites in the vicinity. As for Ant and Dec and those voted out, who knows? I cannot think of any 6 star hotels around Abergele though. Rhyl? Llandudno? Towyn? More likely somewhere away from the coast.

I can’t think of a single 6 star hotel anywhere in Wales!

38 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Excellent line up for I'm a Celeb, it should be quite funny! I am also enjoying Strictly, Rose last week was amazing, she is my tops to win 😁

We like to know the dance off result before the Sunday show, the info used to come out on Saturday night but now that is only a small audience tends to be Sunday morning as there are less 'moles' to report it.

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

'Bit the bullet' yesterday and with trepidation booked a Jan 2023 South America tour. A week land tour of Brazil and Argentina, a 14 day Princess cruise to Argentina, Uruguay, Falklands and Chile followed by a week in Peru including Machu Picchu. Risky even in the current improved covid situation but hopefully even better by then?? Mind you we are on a 28 day QM2 Caribbean cruise in only 2 months time!!

We currently have a Caribbean cruise with Cunard in Jan 2022, Eastern Med with P&O Oct 2022 (delayed by 2 years), South America Princess Jan 2023 and considering a newly released summer and autumn 2023 cruise with P&O. The covid situation is still worrying but can't put things off for ever. Had a Sky Princess cruise last month which somewhat brought me out of my covid 18 month shell where I had avoided social situations, was really apprehensive before but within 30 minutes on board and sitting in the buffet felt like a cloud was lifted and we were back. 

We did a Princess Machu Picchu and Chile to Rio cruise.Hotels were fantastic but avoid the groundbaked Guinea pig on the included tours.If you're lucky enough to land in the Falklands,the King penguins in their 1000s on a golden beach were fantastic.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

My daughter received her P&O 23/24 brochure today, all 187 pages of it. We haven't had ours, anyone else?

We only received the 27 page short form brochure from our TA, but it did arrive on Wednesday the launch day.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1