P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Poor Teddy. 

We are very lucky, Bella either watches the fireworks excitedly or sleeps through them, as she did last night... 

Stringfellows eh...😊

It was the N98 night bus back to Romford that was the killer for me, often straight to work after... 

Hot chocolate and early nights are more my thing now. 

Andy 

Nice to hear from you Andy and hope you are both well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Hi Jane. My day is exactly the same of yours apart from the trip to PAH. I’m so sorry to hear Teddy was so upset by the fireworks. It is horrible to witness their distress. We had Classic FM on all evening and it did seem to help Freddie. He barked every time a firework went off but was not shaking in fear like on previous occasions.

I’m so loving Strictly this year and am now looking forward to I’m a Celebrity starting in two weeks which has a rather good line up this year (altho there are a couple that I’ve never heard of). What an exciting life I lead!

Gill x

I'm with you on both counts re the TV Gill. Strictly is so entertaining this year and I like them all too. I feel sad when someone has to leave. What is wrong with me? I'm going soft in my old age. Looking forward to I'm a Celebrity too but I haven't seen the line-up yet. I'll Google it shortly. Teddy is asleep at the moment and no noise so far. I'm so glad Freddie coped ok last night. Enjoy your evening. Jane.x 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pete14 said:

I believe a lot of the crew are ‘housed’ on some of the sites in the vicinity. As for Ant and Dec and those voted out, who knows? I cannot think of any 6 star hotels around Abergele though. Rhyl? Llandudno? Towyn? More likely somewhere away from the coast.

I think they said that last year they were housed in a very posh hotel in Anglesey somewhere. Did look it up at the time but as its way out of our price range we never looked at the website again!

We there is a flood warning out for North Wales tonight so am hoping that we still own a static caravan by Monday and not a boat !!!

Off to relax now and read out the latest P&O brochure that has appeared in the post today. Should keep me quiet for the rest of the evening.

38 minutes ago, gadabout60 said:

Am beyond excited

Just booked a 52 night Grand Voyage on Celebrity Edge for October 2023.

Rome to Sydney - it’s like half a world cruise!

Oh you will love that - the ship is simply stunning. What sort of a cabin have you booked?

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

My daughter received her P&O 23/24 brochure today, all 187 pages of it. We haven't had ours, anyone else?

No, haven't received one.

Went and had my booster jab this afternoon, all well organised. A short queue in the car park and in through the fire door down the corridor to the next room available (in my case reception!), vaccinated and given a timer for the 15 minute wait. No side affects - not even a sore arm.

Well today was my last day at work and I was expected to finish at 10pm tonight, but was told to go home at 5pm and still claim hours til 10. So am now at home sharing a bottle of Prosecco with my daughter and getting paid for it too😁

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Excellent line up for I'm a Celeb, it should be quite funny! I am also enjoying Strictly, Rose last week was amazing, she is my tops to win 😁

Having looked at the line up, I think it will be yet another year of not watching it, in fact we have never watched it we avoid all the so called “reality TV” programs. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

Am beyond excited

Just booked a 52 night Grand Voyage on Celebrity Edge for October 2023.

Rome to Sydney - it’s like half a world cruise!

Even although this is a P&O  board, and I should object to your post,  I am beyond envious!

The only downside is the flight back from Oz. Split the journey, and fly PE, unkess of course you can afford club. And if you can afford 52 nights on Celebrity,  I'm guessing club is not a problem !

13 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Having looked at the line up, I think it will be yet another year of not watching it, in fact we have never watched it we avoid all the so called “reality TV” programs. 

For goodness sake - Snoochie Shy and Naughty Boy  are on the show!  How could you miss it! 

Personally,  I will be watching paint dry, as it is more  entertaining.

And I find it hard to understand why an adulterous alcoholic with no remorse is still on our screens.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Even although this is a P&O  board, and I should object to your post,  I am beyond envious!

The only downside is the flight back from Oz. Split the journey, and fly PE, unkess of course you can afford club. And if you can afford 52 nights on Celebrity,  I'm guessing club is not a problem !

It’s a retirement treat and I think a good price Wowzz. We finish in Sydney a few days before Christmas and have already decided to stay on in Oz for a couple more weeks. May break the journey back - I need to get researching now!

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

For goodness sake - Snoochie Shy and Naughty Boy  are on the show!  How could you miss it! 

Personally,  I will be watching paint dry, as it is more  entertaining.

And I find it hard to understand why an adulterous alcoholic with no remorse is still on our screens.

I haven't researched the line up as thoroughly as you obviously have Wowzz... 😊

But I would expect the usual slightly racist/ex gambler/alcoholic former footballer, the opinionated American, the perceived eye candy, the squeamish one who is scared of everything and the non offensive one that goes on to win it... 

Can't wait😊

Andy 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, gadabout60 said:

It’s a retirement treat and I think a good price Wowzz. We finish in Sydney a few days before Christmas and have already decided to stay on in Oz for a couple more weeks. May break the journey back - I need to get researching now!

Singapore is a good choice for a stopover although it's only 5 hrs from Sydney and 12-13 hrs to LHR.Not exactly halfway but IMO worth it.

Just now, brian1 said:

Singapore is a good choice for a stopover although it's only 5 hrs from Sydney and 12-13 hrs to LHR.Not exactly halfway but IMO worth it.

Out personal preference is Kuala Lumpur, as it has more of an Asian feel to it, but Singapore has its own appeal. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Out personal preference is Kuala Lumpur, as it has more of an Asian feel to it, but Singapore has its own appeal. 

Another option is one of those Middle Eastern bling centres,lol.I think you and I share opinions of those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Another option to shorten the return journey is to stop off in Western Australia, Perth is a lovely City,

We did a tour of Australia year's ago and went back twice later staying in Queensland and South Australia..

A cruise will only scratch around the edges and leave you wanting more

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Another option to shorten the return journey is to stop off in Western Australia, Perth is a lovely City,

We did a tour of Australia year's ago and went back twice later staying in Queensland and South Australia..

A cruise will only scratch around the edges and leave you wanting more

If we had to choose anywhere in the world to live, Perth would  be near the top of  the list, but I would still want to break the journey back to the UK.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

I agree with you wowzz. Singapore has a more modern commercial blingy feel, even though they have tried to 'preserve' some 'authentic' areas. In  KL on the other hand, though also modern, still has the genuine old areas which are fascinating to explore. Bearing in mind that the last time we were there was 15 years ago😉

Avril

Sorry failed to say Graham so much appreciated Pauline weighing in. Please tell her I took it all on board and orders have been made. A note just for Pauline I do not have any issue with what folks wear on a cruise but my word when Graham posts his updates and I see your lovely dresses I smile when I have something similar.

Emm

18 hours ago, purplesea said:

No, haven't received one.

Went and had my booster jab this afternoon, all well organised. A short queue in the car park and in through the fire door down the corridor to the next room available (in my case reception!), vaccinated and given a timer for the 15 minute wait. No side affects - not even a sore arm.

Well today was my last day at work and I was expected to finish at 10pm tonight, but was told to go home at 5pm and still claim hours til 10. So am now at home sharing a bottle of Prosecco with my daughter and getting paid for it too😁

Out of interest, did you get a record /little card of batch number etc. A friend of a friend was told they were not giving them out this year which seems odd.

I have just booked my booster online (a few days before eligible date) for two weeks time.

Hope you enjoyed your Prosecco.