P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

53 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I booked my booster for this Thursday when I was informed my 6 months plus one week were up. Went to my doctor’s for a flu jab this afternoon and was given my Covid booster as well. All I need to do now is cancel Thursday’s appointment.

You are going to be well protected this winter.  I had my flu jab when I had my first Pfizer at the hub.  When I had to go to my doctor's for a blood test she gave me a pneumonia jab. I wonder if they are getting extra money for all the jabs they are giving. ☺️☺️

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

You are going to be well protected this winter.  I had my flu jab when I had my first Pfizer at the hub.  When I had to go to my doctor's for a blood test she gave me a pneumonia jab. I wonder if they are getting extra money for all the jabs they are giving. ☺️☺️

No mention of a pneumonia jab, never had one. I think extra money will be on the agenda but I wouldn’t expect them to do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

No mention of a pneumonia jab, never had one. I think extra money will be on the agenda but I wouldn’t expect them to do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

You qualify for the Pneumonia jab in you 65th year, it may depend on whether you are classed as vulnerable, I had mine a few months ago when at 64 and a few months. You only require one.

31 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

You qualify for the Pneumonia jab in you 65th year, it may depend on whether you are classed as vulnerable, I had mine a few months ago when at 64 and a few months. You only require one.

Thanks for that Phil, the doctor just told me that I should have a pneumonia jab but didn't say that it is a one off.  I don't need to remember to to get another sometime in the future.

• Like 1

I had my booster jab on Saturday but as yet haven't had my flu jab as I was working on the Saturdays that our GP surgery was doing walk-in vaccinations.  I have looked online to book at Boots and they are asking if I will be over 65 in March 2022, which I will be by then, but they have no available slots at present! 

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

They normally offer the pneumonia jab when you reach a certain age, can't remember if it was 70 or 65, and then of course there is the shingles jab, which is offered around the same time.

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Thanks for the information. I qualify on age but not vulnerability (probably).

15 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

I am a type one diabetic, aged in my fifties, and received it 2 years ago year for the first time

Adults usually need one vaccination but people classed as vulnerable can be given it every 5 years or as advised by your doctor. I have asthma but was told I would need only one unless the rules/advice changes in the future.

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't use that excuse bro. You know I only needed them to stand on so I could smack you on the nose for teasing me. You would rather play with your conkers than read😜

Sis

Better than playing with my rooster I suppose,bro.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

If you are 65 you qualify, I would contact your surgery and ask them. 

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly follow it up with my GP but only once my two sore arms relent after yesterday’s flu and Covid injections.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

So excited today, had tickets from my daughter for my 60th to see Derren Brown at the Regent, and its TONIGHT!! He scared the daylights out of me last time so who knows whats in store? 😁

I guess he knows what’s in store no matter how unexpected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After a second turbo failure in three years,  en route to Southampton for our recent cruise,  I've been researching new/used cars.

Brand new cars are like hen's teeth, and used cars are silly money.

So, just ordered a brand new Ford from an internet supplier. Bad news is that I have five months to wait,  good news is that the brand new price is £3000 less than a one year old model ! 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

After a second turbo failure in three years,  en route to Southampton for our recent cruise,  I've been researching new/used cars.

Brand new cars are like hen's teeth, and used cars are silly money.

So, just ordered a brand new Ford from an internet supplier. Bad news is that I have five months to wait,  good news is that the brand new price is £3000 less than a one year old model ! 

That's not good - what was/is it?

In more normal times (last December) I got my daughter a good deal on a Skoda Kodiaq through carwow with a very substantial discount over what the local Skoda dealer was prepared to offer.  Ironically, though, it was that same dealer who supplied the car and dealt with all the payments, so the contract was with the dealer rather than a third party.  Can't imagine why more people don't use these internet 'suppliers' when so often the real supplier is still the local main dealer.

We had to physically drive back and import two VWs back in the early 2000s from the Netherlands to get a decent deal - but that was when the £ was riding high against the Euro, and the saving was huge.  Nice little holidays near the dealerships as a bonus.

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

That's not good - what was/is it?

Seat Arona. Nice car, but the turbo issue has, not surprisingly,  put me off them.

So, new Ford Puma ordered online, £3000 cheaper than a one year old used model !

• Like 1

We got our 1st Zafira in 2013.Shopped around and found a main dealer in Birmingham about £3000 cheaper than anyone else.Sorted it all out on the phone and said to the lady,what is the address.She said don't worry we deliver.A bloke turned up with almost a full tank of diesel minus the 100 mile journey and got a train back.That's what I call service.Our 2nd Zafira 3 years later was a similar deal but we had to drive to Doncaster to trade in the old one.We just had a minibreak in the peak district on the way,ideal,another place we have never been before ticked off,lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Food looks good Graham.

It's a good day for me today, I have a day off childcare duties and have just booked an August 2023 cruise 😃

Good to hear of your booking. We've just had confirmation from our TA that we have got the cabin that we wanted on the Aug 23 Arcadia Norway and Iceland cruise.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Good to hear of your booking. We've just had confirmation from our TA that we have got the cabin that we wanted on the Aug 23 Arcadia Norway and Iceland cruise.

That's great! I got through to P&O straight away this morning and got my first choice of cabin even though it wasn't showing on the website. I haven't had my confirmation email yet but can get on to My P&O cruises with reference number so it must have gone through ok.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Which year will you get it 2024 or 25???😊

Ha!

About March next year, but understandably the date is a little flexible.

Will know more precisely when "my" car appears on the build schedule.