P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Balamory, Balamory. What’s the story in Balamory…….

Nice bright coloured houses (in Tobermory).

Thanks Eglesbrech, I couldn't remember the name of the program even though we watched it twice a week when we looked after my niece's daughter while my niece worked.

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

Thanks Eglesbrech, I couldn't remember the name of the program even though we watched it twice a week when we looked after my niece's daughter while my niece worked.

My nephew watched it as well. We visited Tobermory to see the house which are still painted in the original couloirs.

I remember the song, burned on my brain!

• Like 1

Hi all,our local bar owner in Italy Salvatore is a good friend of ours and married to a Ukrainian.He posted the flag on faceache yesterday.My OH  was just about to post a message of support when I realised our next door neighbours,also friends of ours are Russian.He is a retired Soviet special forces Colonel and seen action in Afghanistan and Angola.A nice bloke though.But we keep contact with him and his family in Moscow via faceache and will try and keep neutral with him.

• Like 1

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning. Friday already, the weeks just seen to fly by. 
Lovely blue sky here this morning with a breeze, hubby has just taken dogs for a walk on the beach. No plans for today yet, will probably go to the gym at some point.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 4

Morning everyone.

Dry here and just a bit of a breeze compared to all the winds we have had lately, so hopefully it will feel warmer too.

Getting the train up to Plymouth today with two of my daughters and granddaughter clothes  shopping and lunch. 

Take care and stay safe.

Pam

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Dry here and just a bit of a breeze compared to all the winds we have had lately, so hopefully it will feel warmer too.

Getting the train up to Plymouth today with two of my daughters and granddaughter clothes  shopping and lunch. 

Take care and stay safe.

Pam

Enjoy your day out.  Clothes shopping with my sister, niece and her daughter are one of my favourite days out..

Take care and have a nice lunch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How are your war-wounds today Josy?  Not too bad, I hope

It’s a beautiful sunny morning.  The caravan park reopens next week, so we shall go today and do a bit of preparatory work on ours.

I missed whatever happened but I’ll agree that the thread should not have to suffer by the actions of one poster.  Does it disrupt other areas of the website too?

Have a good day, everyone.  Enjoy the small pleasures

• Like 3

I am much better this morning thank you.  

We have a lovely sunny morning again, I hope it stays this way rather than turning to snow and rain as it did yesterday.

I also missed what happened yesterday so I'm curious now but I guess that we will never know now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am pretty sure it is possible for CC to ban people - I know of one much less infuriating person than this who was banned from a US luxury line cruise forum.  Is it to do with this being a particular type of thread, i.e. not supposed to be about cruising?

The thread is irrelevant really. If you are being downright rude, it nakes no difference what the thread is about.

Some of us have,  ahem, been given a short holiday from time to time, so it can be done

Whilst blocking a poster is possible, it does not actually deal with the problem itself. If abusive posts are reported often enough, more vigorous action might be taken.

And, whilst I have sympathy with the notion that a poster may have mental problems, I believe there is too much artifice for that to be true in this case. 

Just to add that I see a second post that I reported, has also been removed. Once again that post attacked an individual by name.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, even a short or preferably long holiday would help.  There have been definite attacks on people in the removed posts, one of which I did see, which must be sufficient grounds for banning.

Perhaps the nice people on here could email CC, or however one can get in touch with them, in some numbers, which might do the trick.

Sorry to go on about it,  I have an overdeveloped sense of fair play, and know that in the long run this  is of minimal importance in today's world.

• Like 2

Looks like I missed the post again. 

Good morning. 
Sunny but cold and windy here in the very north of Nottinghamshire. 
Date night tonight although we have no babysitter so possibly just cooking something like steak. 
Going to make a coffee and hope it tastes nice. Something wrong with how the water tastes over the last few weeks, when asking the question on social media everyone says the same but we’ve been here 3 years and only just getting this issue now. 
Going to have a biscuit with it. 

Now the question I pose to you. What is the best biscuit? 

have a good day peeps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good morning. 
Date night tonight although we have no babysitter so possibly just cooking something like steak. 
Going to make a coffee and hope it tastes nice. Something wrong with how the water tastes over the last few weeks, when asking the question on social media everyone says the same but we’ve been here 3 years and only just getting this issue now. 

have a good day peeps. 

For me, a lovely shortbread biscuit is my favourite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Kalos, Kalos... where are you.. you are needed.      I need an early morning laugh  xxx🥰

Let me have a look into my magic book of giggles :classic_wink:

Father & son man to man (with a 8 year old.)

Son : I'm leaving home and getting married after breakfast .
Dad: Wonderful; do you have a girl in mind ?

Boy: Yes... grandma ! She said she loves me, I love her, too....and she’s the best cook & story teller in the whole world!

Dad: That’s nice, but we have a small problem there!

Boy: What problem ?

Dad: She happens to be my mother. How can you marry my mother ?

Boy: Why not?! .... You married mine !  :classic_smile: :classic_unsure:

Have a good day everyone :classic_love:

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

Josy thank you so much. It was just a query re your food bank policies and I didn't want to attract anymore attention from you know who. After dinner last night I popped out for some munchies and after never seeing anyone from the local food bank collecting there was a lady doing exactly that and she answered my questions. 

Rich tea or digestive.  Some of the super de luxe biscuits are gorgeous, but you cannot in the long run beat the old fashioned simple ones, IMO.

I didn't know about the three dots reporting, hope everyone does that, and I will when I am not in the 'ignore' mode.

2 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Josy thank you so much. It was just a query re your food bank policies and I didn't want to attract anymore attention from you know who. After dinner last night I popped out for some munchies and after never seeing anyone from the local food bank collecting there was a lady doing exactly that and she answered my questions. 

I'm pleased that you have got your answers.  Unless they were very general  questions I doubt that I would have been much use because different food banks work in different ways, my cousin volunteers at one in a different part of the city and they only give to people who live in their immediate area but we don't ask anyone where they are from and we will give to anyone who says that they are in need.

59 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Well done wowzz could not believe what I read, something not quite right there.

I didn't see it. It's starting to get on my nerves. All the rubbish that is going on in the world and some saddo feeding there own ego. 🤐

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good morning. 

have a good day peeps. 

Definitely dark chocolate digestive.

Have fun with your girls today.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Rich tea or digestive.  Some of the super de luxe biscuits are gorgeous, but you cannot in the long run beat the old fashioned simple ones, IMO.

I didn't know about the three dots reporting, hope everyone does that, and I will when I am not in the 'ignore' mode.

Rich tea....no. digestive...ok.  Foxes biscuits with all that thick yummy chocolate that you can nibble off before you dip the base biscuit in your coffee before repeating ?. I can take them or leave them.🤣

• Haha 1