P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

To all my friends on here have a great day and a Merry Christmas.

No presents here today, as we have postponed Christmas until we feel better. I was planning to have the family round on the 30th so have switched all the present giving til then. So it will be a quiet day here.

Take care and stay safe and well.

Pam

• Like 17

I have decided that my new year resolution is going to be to change my family's perception of me.  I have had 2 bottles of gin, a bottle of my favourite Champagne, chocolates, vouchers for our favourite restaurant and a spa day voucher.  They obviously think that I am a chocolate eating alcoholic 🤣 🤣

I especially liked the photo of my god-daughter's little boy on his first visit to see Santa and the Calendar that we always get with of my niece's children doing various things through out this year.

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

Good morning, and a very Happy Christmas. My inner child is very excited to see what  Santa has left under the tree🎄but I shall have to wait until the others surface.

Turkey crown in the oven and the vegetables and trimmings ready to go. I'm looking forward to the first King's Speech. I normally record and watch it later, but I shall watch this one live.

Enjoy your day everyone, and I hope Santa has been kind to you.🥂

Avril

• Like 17

Good morning & Merry Christmas all, a sunny but chilly morning here around 7C, Santa has been but once again has evaded security cameras and trail cam in the garden, maybe I catch him next year! 

No presents opened yet, we don’t open them until after breakfast and when Turkey is in the oven, which it is now. 

Just the 2 of us today, saw both my sons yesterday and my youngest grandson when they came round with presents. My oldest son was on his own, as his girlfriend has gone to see her parents, now she has her residency in U.K. finally approved and her passport back.

Went to visit my wife’s daughter and family yesterday afternoon and had a visit from her son and wife yesterday evening, so a quiet day today.

We will watch King’s Speech this afternoon as it is his first, so an historic occasion, although not live as was recorded earlier this month.

Glad we have a Netflix subscription as the offerings on TV are not up to much, apart from one of my wife’s favourite programs Call The Midwife. We are planning to watch to the 2 Knives Out Comedy Mysteries, we started to watch the first one a couple of weeks ago, but we had visitors just after it started, the second one went on Netflix on 23rd, Daniel Craig is the lead

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning, and a very Happy Christmas. My inner child is very excited to see what  Santa has left under the tree🎄but I shall have to wait until the others surface.

Turkey crown in the oven and the vegetables and trimmings ready to go. I'm looking forward to the first King's Speech. I normally record and watch it later, but I shall watch this one live.

Enjoy your day everyone, and I hope Santa has been kind to you.🥂

Avril

Turkey in, bacon sandwich eaten and arguments started. Good start. We will record Charles's speech and play it when we are out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have decided that my new year resolution is going to be to change my family's perception of me.  I have had 2 bottles of gin, a bottle of my favourite Champagne, chocolates, vouchers for our favourite restaurant and a spa day voucher.  They obviously think that I am a chocolate eating alcoholic 🤣 🤣

I especially liked the photo of my god-daughter's little boy on his first visit to see Santa and the Calendar that we always get with of my niece's children doing various things through out this year.

Know the feeling, had 5 bottles wine, 4 red 1 white, 2 lots of dark chocolate, New Years resolution to change perception,  I don’t think so. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Well Christmas dinner is eaten for one more year, loads of turkey left so turkey salad or sandwiches for tea. 

We have just had a phone call from family in USA.  They are all safe despite the weather, though the ones  just outside Seattle have been cut off by snow.  The Southern ones have snow but not too badly hit other than the youngest daughter has not managed to get a flight home, she is a US overseas volunteer in Afghanistan.

• Like 8

Hi everyone hope your all having a great day !

Last night we got an unexpected Christmas card , it was from our local MP with loads 

of emergency numbers ,which I thought was very nice of him . So I just sent my local MP

a get better soon card. He's not sick. I just think he can do better. 

One of my my mates just phoned saying his new electric car is broken down on the M1 
 and asked me "do you think the AA will get it running ?"
I said "depends if it's only a small car I'd try AAA 's" 😆

Tonight we are going to watch a horror film about a killer teabag! 
I was surprised it was only given a PG rating.

I noted someone had been arguing on Christmas day, take Carols advice as seen below .

Take care :classic_love:

image.jpeg.e7c44353f64032ec9bbeb6588c64300b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I was little disappointed with King's Christmas address.  I don't know what I expected but for me it was not very inspiring.

We quite liked it, the way he thanked those who have supported those in times of greatest need at a time when those services need our support in their struggles. Thanking those unsung volunteers helping in food banks, supporting those who are homeless and disasters overseas. 

Let’s also remember he has not long lost his mother, many people in the country have lost their loved ones over the 2+ years, so not sure after 3 months in the role what else we would have expected but sympathy and support for others. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 7

Good morning ,it's a cool Boxing day morning 2.c 

I'm looking forward to our Boxing day dinner later today which is traditionally in our house 

Turkey Chips and Peas , with various pickles . 

I have always looked forward to this dish each year . 

What's your  meal today ? anyone else going cold turkey ? 😊

• Like 10

A lovely sunny day here in North Wales. Had a flood alert yesterday but glad to say that we are still afloat and the ark was not needed.

Santa has brought us some sunshine so that we can go for  a waddle today to try to burn off the calories.... OK won't be as long as is needed but every calory burned helps eh!!!

16720512545763336864802631892045.jpg

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm looking forward to our Boxing day dinner later today which is traditionally in our house 

HOT turkey with all the trimmings and a good bottle of red wine because having had Christmas dinner with family yesterday, we have not yet had the pleasure and delight of cooking our own 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

A lovely sunny day here in North Wales. Had a flood alert yesterday but glad to say that we are still afloat and the ark was not needed.

Santa has brought us some sunshine so that we can go for  a waddle today to try to burn off the calories.... OK won't be as long as is needed but every calory burned helps eh!!!

16720512545763336864802631892045.jpg

Almost makes me feel like jumping in the car and driving over. Mind you, it would probably be raining when I arrived. I seems from your picture as though the sun is even shining on Rhyl by the Sea.

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Almost makes me feel like jumping in the car and driving over. Mind you, it would probably be raining when I arrived. I seems from your picture as though the sun is even shining on Rhyl by the Sea.

Edited by Presto2
It won't let me reply ahhhh
  • Thanks 1

Sorry won't let me reply Pete14 so had to do it this way.

Yes looks beautiful at the moment but was grim last night.

Little Venice is indeed glistening in the sunshine over there. Can see the waves splashing up and the sea is roaring and another hour or so to high tide but don't think we'll need our wellies. Castle Chez Charlie is ok and still in one piece. :-)

Weather tomorrow is looking horrible so will make the most of today. Must admit it is the weather to be by the sea not on it !!!

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We have just eaten our lunch of Turkey, chips and salad followed by a slice of chocolate log and a cup of tea.

This is our traditional boxing day lunch as it was in my parents house.  DH's family Boxing Day lunch was what the rest of us call Christmas Dinner because his mother used to work every Christmas Day. 

• Like 7