P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Oh and on the subject of Christmas post, I’ve had 4 cards in the post! 4! My card holder is looking very bare. I sent mine early this year, I’ve found out it took two weeks for them to get to people! I’ve got several by hand or posted through the door but I should have about 15 ish more 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Morning all , I hope the turkeys are defrosting ok for those who bought frozen ones.

Reading above about folks not receiving Christmas cards is such a shame and reminds 

me of two women who were chatting to each other about their grandchildren.
 "I send Christmas cards and cheques for a fair amount of money to my grandchildren
 and still they don't visit me" said the first one with a sad tone in her voice."

The second  woman cheerfully said" .....

Oh I too send cheques to my grandchildren and they always visit me "

"Wow you are so fortunate it's great to have good family around"

The second woman smiled .......
" No my grandchildren are only as good as yours I just don't sign the cheques"😉

Keep safe ,avoid coughs ,colds and mistletoe :classic_love:

• Haha 15

35 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning all , I hope the turkeys are defrosting ok for those who bought frozen ones.

Reading above about folks not receiving Christmas cards is such a shame and reminds 

me of two women who were chatting to each other about their grandchildren.
 "I send Christmas cards and cheques for a fair amount of money to my grandchildren
 and still they don't visit me" said the first one with a sad tone in her voice."

The second  woman cheerfully said" .....

Oh I too send cheques to my grandchildren and they always visit me "

"Wow you are so fortunate it's great to have good family around"

The second woman smiled .......
" No my grandchildren are only as good as yours I just don't sign the cheques"😉

Keep safe ,avoid coughs ,colds and mistletoe :classic_love:

I remember my solicitor telling me he had one client who would come in to see him every January to amend her will and it all depended on which family members had remembered her at Christmas…….🤣

The one thing tho that really winds me up is when a gift is not acknowledged. Two misses of that particular lack of manners and no more pressies….

As a child I always had to write my thank you letters on 27th December. These days it is easier with texts and emails also available.

Mrs Grump here wishes you all a very happy Christmas and a glorious 2023 for cruising 🙏

• Like 15

12 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Well not the news I wanted to hear, I was expecting my new car to be delivered to dealership on 14 December, a week later than expected, it had finished its build phase back in early November and my dealership had been told on 24 November that it was on a “boat” to U.K. spoke to the dealer Monday morning regarding an update on ETA, he said there was nothing on system to indicate it’s location, they thought it was at Toyota Distribution Centre in Derby, but couldn’t be sure. So I decided to email Toyota customer services yesterday to find out what was going on. Today I received a response, my car is still on the dockside at Zeebrugge, the information passed to my dealership in late November appears to have been a lie as was the email I received last week to say it was on its way to dealer. Apparently emails are automated and they have no control on when they are issued.

To say I am fuming is an understatement, I will be in touch with dealer when they reopen next week to let them know about the response I had.

Ai the moment I have no idea when it will be here, maybe January, maybe February, even Easter, who knows, but It does appear that the manufacturer has been misleading both the dealerships and customers over delivery of new cars. 

This morning my new car has arrived at the port in Grimsby, one step closer. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

This morning my new car has arrived at the port in Grimsby, one step closer. 

Hope you get it soon.

I don't want to be a party pooper, but it took Ford longer to get my Puma to me from the docks,  than it took for the Puma to travel from Rumania to the UK.

• Like 2

Well I will be busy from now until New Year so just wanted to say a very Merry Christmas to one and all for tomorrow and a healthy, happy New Year when it comes.

It has been a real joy to share much laughter with you this year and to uphold each other in times of sadness. The folks on here are now a real community that goes beyond cruising and while I may never meet many of you, I consider you my friends.

Every blessing to you and yours.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

I hope you all have a wonderful time ,all the very best to all of you .

At Christmas time everyone loves a Christmas story, so here goes 😊 . . . 

Christmas was drawing nearer and the spirit of goodwill was in the air ..
A travel agent looked up from his desk to see an older lady and an older gentleman peering

in the shop window at the posters showing the glamorous destinations around the world.

The travel agent had had a good week and the old couple looking in the window gave him a

rare feeling of generosity.

He called them into his shop and said, "I know that on your pension you could never hope to

have a holiday, so I am sending you off on a fabulous P&O  cruise at my expense, and I won't

take no for an answer. " 
He asked them inside and issued two flight tickets and booked a double bed, balcony cabin .

They were over the moon and accepted, and were on their way. 

About a month later the little old lady came in to his shop. "And how did you like your cruise? "

asked the travel agent . "The flight was exciting and the ship was lovely," she said.

"I've come to thank you...But, one thing puzzled me....
 Who was that old guy who I had to share the bed and cabin with? "😆

Take care and a merry Christmas !  🥰
ps  Should any of you get an email saying turkey is bad for you, ignore it as Its spam   😉

1162213046_christmascat.gif.8342f1c1b70f716e25a2b7c27ab7fcf9.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 19

After a busy day we are now chilled out, nice quiet night in, plenty of snacks and beverages, Die Hard downloaded for tonight. I am still in the bad books with Mrs YP, I did the last minute shopping this morning when I got back she said "where is the persil, beach and shake and vac" I said "better to wait and see what Santa brings you", just no pleasing some folk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14