P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good evening everyone 

We arrived home late yesterday afternoon after an absolutely fantastic cruise on Aurora! Wow! Loved every moment of the ship and the cruise! We've walked llamas and glaciers!! I will post a brief review of our cruise in a few days but just wanted to say hello to you all.

Its taken me hours to catch up with all the messages! 🤣

Graham I'm so glad you enjoyed Arvia, personally we prefer Iona BUT that might have been more down to the passengers than the ship!!

I can't remember who said that they'd only just realised Grapau stood for Graham and Pauline!! I hadn't realised either!! 🙈🤣

Jane I'm right beside you in the wanting to punch Ronaldo queue!!

Well it's gone into extra time in the football so have a good evening everyone and I'll post some notes, reviews and thoughts on our Aurora cruise very soon.

Julie x

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

Good evening everyone 

We arrived home late yesterday afternoon after an absolutely fantastic cruise on Aurora! Wow! Loved every moment of the ship and the cruise! We've walked llamas and glaciers!! I will post a brief review of our cruise in a few days but just wanted to say hello to you all.

Its taken me hours to catch up with all the messages! 🤣

Graham I'm so glad you enjoyed Arvia, personally we prefer Iona BUT that might have been more down to the passengers than the ship!!

I can't remember who said that they'd only just realised Grapau stood for Graham and Pauline!! I hadn't realised either!! 🙈🤣

Jane I'm right beside you in the wanting to punch Ronaldo queue!!

Well it's gone into extra time in the football so have a good evening everyone and I'll post some notes, reviews and thoughts on our Aurora cruise very soon.

Julie x

Thank you Julie.

I'm delighted to hear you had a fantastic cruise on Aurora.

We had 6 previous cruises on Iona with 2 more booked and loved Iona but liked 

6th Street diner on Arvia for breakfast Steak and eggs and a hot dog on an afternoon and listening to the 50s-60s music.

IMG_20240619_101503.jpg

IMG_20240616_124615.jpg

IMG_20240616_123335.jpg

• Like 7

Good morning everyone.  Cold here, I have got the heating on!

After all the goings on yesterday, another busy day - qualy at the British GP; tennis at Wimbledon  and of course a certain football match.  I hope everyone has got their popcorn and beer, or tea and biccies, ready.

I hope we all have a good day, and especially  those not well.

• Like 10

Good morning , a quiet overcast morning here . Talking of surprises ,to read that 

@Lincslady has had to put the heating on in July ,funny how this global warming 

works 🥴

Reading the papers and Hippopotamuses can become airborne for substantial

periods of time, according to new research These hippos live in Yorkshire by the way.

You hear the saying "Pigs might fly"  but never hippo's 🤔

Questions are , are they scared of heights and if the can fly ,how come you never

see the perched up a tree with the sparrows ? 

Anyhow ,hope you all have a day that gets off to a flying start  ~Take care .🙂

flysc.jpg.9904780a9cf936a8e27cafacaf4b8bb6.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 11

Good Morning

It rained all day yesterday here, and continues this morning. I feel so sorry for all the schools that are having their Summer Fetes today. So much prep and hard work goes into these events so I really hope it dries up later.

Well today's the day for England. Good luck boys and put on a show for us. Be proud to put that shirt on.

Have a good weekend everyone whatever you're doing. Jane xx

• Like 8

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It is raining heavily here at the moment, the day gs don’t look too keen on going for a walk at the moment.

We got back last night from a week in Devon with all our family celebrating some big birthdays that are all close together.

We had really good weather, no rain all week and good periods of sunshine(nearly all day some days) so we were very lucky.

A day of shopping and wash for me today

Michelle

IMG_1998.jpeg

IMG_1997.jpeg

• Like 13

Morning!

Well, it’s bright but it’s not terribly warm and it’s actually quite nippy when the wind blows - which it does

A great weekend for sport, I think, with nearly everyone catered.  Cricket fans have to wait till later in the week for the first test but we have footie, tennis, rugby and the Silverstone GP

No news here.  All good.  I get to remove my leg covering tonight … will be interesting to see what’s happened.  I seriously haven’t felt a thing, either during the procedure or since

• Like 11

19 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Could it be that it is one of the restaurants closing in respect of Premier Inn. Getting lots of emails for different Whitbread ones that are. 

Our Beafeater in Woking is shutting. No loss, perhaps some friendly staff may have led to a few more customers. Can we sit in a booth please. They are for parties of 4...but they are empty...tables for 2 are around the corner...don't worry we will go somewhere else...why ?....because we don't want to eat at a table outside the Gents. Plenty of alternatives.

• Like 10

19 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

New menu is coming into force so this maybe the reason why, we are having supply issues. Some sites are closing but restaurants wise they are staying open just from different times. Our sister site does not re open till 5PM for instance. Use to be open all day.

That may be why the local harvester is busy and the beefeater not. We stayed at a Premier inn on the way to St Ives. Nice friendly ,helpful staff. The brewers fayre next door ..less so. If I owned a restaurant that served breakfast, I would send somebody to the supermarket to buy some marmalade. Customer service in the restaurants needs addressing. The Brewers fayre in Hayle was a bit slow as well. Not enough staff. Won't be repeating that experience.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That may be why the local harvester is busy and the beefeater not. We stayed at a Premier inn on the way to St Ives. Nice friendly ,helpful staff. The brewers fayre next door ..less so. If I owned a restaurant that served breakfast, I would send somebody to the supermarket to buy some marmalade. Customer service in the restaurants needs addressing. The Brewers fayre in Hayle was a bit slow as well. Not enough staff. Won't be repeating that experience.

Not a big fan of Brewers Fayre. They do have permission to get certain items from supermarkets provided it shows all information on the packaging. 

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

You must have been unlucky, as we have never had a problem with slow service at Brewers in Hayle.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline cut the back grass this morning so we went to the beach with our lunch.

Steak slice.

Peach Melba.

White coffee 😋😋

Pauline had a beef/ vegetable pasty.

Peach Melba.

Hot chocolate 😋😋

IMG_20240706_121341.jpg

Today is Pauline's Brother's 66th birthday.

He died aged 4 month's so today we put fresh flowers on his grave and also on Pauline's grandparents graves.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Today is Pauline's Brother's 66th birthday.

He died aged 4 month's so today we put fresh flowers on his grave and also on Pauline's grandparents graves.

Still within your reach through good memories ,keep them in your hearts and

they will always be close by - Take care 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Still within your reach through good memories ,keep them in your hearts and

they will always be close by - Take care 🙂

Thank you Kalos.

After my dad died 12 years ago 4 month's after my mam I brought several hydrangeas and Golden rod's to ours and we created a memory garden for them.

IMG_20240706_093531.jpg

• Like 6