P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Lovely bright, sunny start to the day here and 16c forecast to get up to 23 or 24 later.

I have an opticians appointment this afternoon, it’s about 3 miles away and I think that I will walk there and back rather than using the car. The appointment is to check on something that was seen 6 months ago. It was a new test which shows any thinning of the retina and I had some thinner areas, this test is to see if it is getting worse or not but 6 months doesn’t seem very long to measure any deterioration?

• Like 5

Good morning everyone it’s 16c and sunny here , other half getting ready for going out on his power walk, yesterday he got tripped up by a dog that went in between his legs 😂 he landed on the sand so no injuries, he’s in training for his 5 k Bournemouth run in October, weather looking good until next week so a few beach lunch visits are in order with some bubbly and salmon rolls 😉. Have a good day everyone.

• Like 9

Good Morning all,

Sunny and 16c down here.

Washing on the line and it feels quite warm out already and the sun hasn't got properly round to the back garden yet.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

You are absolutely correct in saying singing about the ‘ownership’ of Gibraltar was inappropriate and wrong. As a football fan, attending 20+ matches a season, I condemn it completely. However, a small minority of English fans (as far as we know not players) also bring disgrace to the game and whoever they represent by, for example, singing the theme from Dambusters aimed at German teams or making reference to tragedies such as Hillsborough. Only a small number, most football fans condemn it, but sadly we are as guilty as others.  

I was not aware of that re the Dambusters etc, you are correct that is just as bad.

I wonder at what goes through some people minds or perhaps they simply don’t think.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone it’s 16c and sunny here , other half getting ready for going out on his power walk, yesterday he got tripped up by a dog that went in between his legs 😂 he landed on the sand so no injuries, he’s in training for his 5 k Bournemouth run in October, weather looking good until next week so a few beach lunch visits are in order with some bubbly and salmon rolls 😉. Have a good day everyone.

Please post some pics,I wont tell Graham 😉.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I was also bought on home cooked meals and it has stuck with me, we rarely have processed foods and both of us are careful about fats and sugars.  My parents were both diabetic mum type 1 insulin dependent and dad type 2 and I would hate to go down either road.  We are far from perfect when it comes to food choices but things like burgers, sausages, bacon, red meats and sweets are all rare on our table but we both enjoy eating out and will sometimes have things that we don't eat at home.

I am off to Amazon now to order Ultra Processed People, it sounds interesting.

Josy, I got the audible version and it’s Dr Van Tulleken who reads it. 

Wait until you get to the chapters on big business and what they do to get people hooked on surgery, fatty foods.

Like you we are by no means perfect and occasionally enjoy the “bad” things. My personal bete noir is bacon which I love but I go on the basis of all things in moderation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I was also bought on home cooked meals and it has stuck with me, we rarely have processed foods and both of us are careful about fats and sugars.  My parents were both diabetic mum type 1 insulin dependent and dad type 2 and I would hate to go down either road.  We are far from perfect when it comes to food choices but things like burgers, sausages, bacon, red meats and sweets are all rare on our table but we both enjoy eating out and will sometimes have things that we don't eat at home.

I am off to Amazon now to order Ultra Processed People, it sounds interesting.

Had my annual statin assessment on the phone yesterday.Just booked my annual blood test for tomorrow.That's pretty quick although it's in Barking just a few stops on the tube.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Josy, I got the audible version and it’s Dr Van Tulleken who reads it. 

Wait until you get to the chapters on big business and what they do to get people hooked on surgery, fatty foods.

Like you we are by no means perfect and occasionally enjoy the “bad” things. My personal bete noir is bacon which I love but I go on the basis of all things in moderation.

I knew you had a vice somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On our recent river cruise they had local German blood sausage for brekkie.Now I love black pudding but when I cut into it OMG the sludge inside was from an alien horror film.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I was not aware of that re the Dambusters etc, you are correct that is just as bad.

I wonder at what goes through some people minds or perhaps they simply don’t think.

Most years we have a couple of Spanish holidays. At the kids clubs they often have the " Music man " It's mildly amusing watching the German kids running around with outstretched arms to the dambusters bit. No offense meant,or taken..

Predictive thinks kids dance to hamburgers, but not Dambusters. 🤣

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

The answer lies with a similar sounding word to 'think' and that is drink!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I did not hear the dambusters at the Euro final, however I did hear the Great Escape which also has WWII connections, but is more usually associated with a team performing a great escape.

• Like 1

That looks a yummy lunch!

It was Wednesday walk today and we found ourselves at “Broadchurch”.
The coastal path is closed off, as the cliffs are so unstable.  Very worrying 😕

Gorgeous day.  Sunny.  Not too hot, not too cold

There was quite a lot of talk on a recent thread about new European entrance measures due to come into force shortly.  I have tried to find the thread again, but failed miserably

Anyway, this press article says it gives the latest position. I haven’t read it (because I am lazy) but it might be of interest to those who were conversing in the original thread.  Or maybe someone would like to add the article to that thread?

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/border-checks-eu-uk-brexit-entry-b2581142.html

B6CEC70E-C9C5-47F7-A8CD-F529D3CCC3AA.thumb.jpeg.c88346ceb935084f4c480f175a59c689.jpeg

2E5AA4FD-E595-4013-A3F5-0B8D2B5856A1.thumb.jpeg.58eec859f4d5869e2c9257fefa1bf254.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

That looks a yummy lunch!

It was Wednesday walk today and we found ourselves at “Broadchurch”.
The coastal path is closed off, as the cliffs are so unstable.  Very worrying 😕

Gorgeous day.  Sunny.  Not too hot, not too cold

There was quite a lot of talk on a recent thread about new European entrance measures due to come into force shortly.  I have tried to find the thread again, but failed miserably

Anyway, this press article says it gives the latest position. I haven’t read it (because I am lazy) but it might be of interest to those who were conversing in the original thread.  Or maybe someone would like to add the article to that thread?

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/border-checks-eu-uk-brexit-entry-b2581142.html

B6CEC70E-C9C5-47F7-A8CD-F529D3CCC3AA.thumb.jpeg.c88346ceb935084f4c480f175a59c689.jpeg

2E5AA4FD-E595-4013-A3F5-0B8D2B5856A1.thumb.jpeg.58eec859f4d5869e2c9257fefa1bf254.jpeg

We popped into Prezzo at Weymouth for lunch. I took a picture of the starter, but we just ate the main and pudding. Very yummy. Especially as DW used her tastecard and we got the meal half price.

20240716_130547.jpg

• Like 13

Afternoon all, sorry I haven’t been around, life has been busy running round after Mum, work and just catching up on chores! 

We had a little jaunt down to Dymchurch on Sunday, amazing big beach, we will have to visit in the future. 

Back to work today after two days off and I’m shattered!

IMG_1446.jpeg

IMG_1447.jpeg

• Like 18

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

On our recent river cruise they had local German blood sausage for brekkie.Now I love black pudding but when I cut into it OMG the sludge inside was from an alien horror film.

Oh, so just like black pudding only softer? Yum🤢

Sis

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

Try some Stornaway Black Pudding. Delicious (and no internal sludge)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh, so just like black pudding only softer? Yum🤢

Sis

Yeah alright sis,touche'.Promise I wont try and get you to like octopus anymore,bro.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Try some Stornaway Black Pudding. Delicious (and no internal sludge)

When I worked in Dundee for 7 weeks,I had black and white pud and square sausage every morning in our digs,lovely jubbly.

• Like 3