P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning hope everyone's ok on this fine looking Sunday morning .

Had a day off from the pc yesterday and we tidied up the garden and cut the grass.

The last few days I had runny eyes so nipped to the chemist first thing to buy an 

Optrex actimist spray for dry irritated eyes. Now I bought one a few years back

and it wasn't cheap,think it was around £13-£14 mark ? 

The chemist had them in stock but the price was pennies short of £20 😲 !

She could not understand how the price had gone up but offered me a  own 

brand at £9 and after 4 uses seems to have done the job. Why is it that some 

top brand names seem to think we owe them a living ?🤔

Catch you all later, have a good day 🙂 

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning hope everyone's ok on this fine looking Sunday morning .

Had a day off from the pc yesterday and we tidied up the garden and cut the grass.

The last few days I had runny eyes so nipped to the chemist first thing to buy an 

Optrex actimist spray for dry irritated eyes. Now I bought one a few years back

and it wasn't cheap,think it was around £13-£14 mark ? 

The chemist had them in stock but the price was pennies short of £20 😲 !

She could not understand how the price had gone up but offered me a  own 

brand at £9 and after 4 uses seems to have done the job. Why is it that some 

top brand names seem to think we owe them a living ?🤔

Catch you all later, have a good day 🙂 

Morning mate,I woke up with a gritty eye this morning.The eye hospital gave me 2 bottles of generic dry eye drops last week,1 drip,job done.Actimist does sound like a magical cure though,lol.Brian.

• Like 12

Morning all.  I’ve no news - which is no news really, if you see what I mean

I do read the thread every day but find that if I don’t post then it’s very easy to get on a guilt trip about not responding.

So, whilst I remember - Hooray for @brian1 and his first eye.  Wait till the other one is fixed - you’ll be a new man!

@P&O SUE - fingers crossed that Mum will stay on her feet and give you & John some well deserved quiet time

Graham - hopefully being up and about will free up your tense muscles

Duck breast for lunch.  I’ll see if there are any nice blackberries whilst we’re out and make a sauce/“jus” 

Have a good day all

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning mate,I woke up with a gritty eye this morning.The eye hospital gave me 2 bottles of generic dry eye drops last week,1 drip,job done.Actimist does sound like a magical cure though,lol.Brian.

I have suffered from dry eyes for years and my optician has told me on numerous occasions to avoid too much screen time which when I was working wasn't an option.  I now try to limit the amount of time I am on the laptop or my phone to short periods.  I use Boots dry eyes mist which seems to work well for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all.  I’ve no news - which is no news really, if you see what I mean

I do read the thread every day but find that if I don’t post then it’s very easy to get on a guilt trip about not responding.

So, whilst I remember - Hooray for @brian1 and his first eye.  Wait till the other one is fixed - you’ll be a new man!

@P&O SUE - fingers crossed that Mum will stay on her feet and give you & John some well deserved quiet time

Graham - hopefully being up and about will free up your tense muscles

Duck breast for lunch.  I’ll see if there are any nice blackberries whilst we’re out and make a sauce/“jus” 

Have a good day all

Never feel guilty about not posting @Eddie99.

As long as we know you are well that is the main thing.

Entering church 12th Sunday after Trinity.

IMG_20240818_095827.jpg

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have suffered from dry eyes for years and my optician has told me on numerous occasions to avoid too much screen time which when I was working wasn't an option.  I now try to limit the amount of time I am on the laptop or my phone to short periods.  I use Boots dry eyes mist which seems to work well for me.

Pauline works in an office and gets dry eyes so I get Hyper Mellose eye drops from our local pharmacy for her at £1.99 a bottle.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline works in an office and gets dry eyes so I get Hyper Mellose eye drops from our local pharmacy for her at £1.99 a bottle.

I would struggle to put eye drops in myself and I wouldn't trust DH around my eyes he is worse than I am with anything that requires him to administer any sort of ointment, eye drops, medicine etc.  We really are the people that you wouldn't want in a medical emergency, much to the degust of our siblings having both  been brought up by nurses and having nurses, doctors and dentists in our families. 

I passed out when a nurse at the hospital asked me to watch how to put ointment into DH's eye after he had a welding flash.  The nurse recognised him and told his mother all about it when she came on duty the next day, needless to say M-i-L was not impressed. :classic_dry:

• Like 3

This cheeky wee chap was enjoying his snack on my fence this morning!  Not too bad a day up here - definitely couldn’t say it was warm but not too bad for a bit of gardening.   Hope you are all having a good Sunday. 

IMG_0234.jpeg

Edited by Ilovemygarden
Missed a letter
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, brian1 said:

I use Actimist as well. Boots often to a BOGOF on it. Much easier to just spray on your eye lids than mucking about with drops.

You can buy an eye drop applicator but the eye lid spray still easier.

Remember, not heavy lifting for a couple of weeks as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I use Actimist as well. Boots often to a BOGOF on it. Much easier to just spray on your eye lids than mucking about with drops.

You can buy an eye drop applicator but the eye lid spray still easier.

Remember, not heavy lifting for a couple of weeks as well.

Thanks,that's a bummer.Marilyn has been on my case as well about not going to the gym.I was gonna sneak up there and just train light,lol,Brian.

3 hours ago, kalos said:

A lovely day for doing nothing and that includes cooking!

So went out for Sunday dinner.

20240818_122633.thumb.jpg.502b70c4460ae40875258d45b0335a39.jpg

Very nice Kalos.

Thank you for sharing.

We went to the beach after church and I had a steak pasty.

IMG_20240818_122547.jpg

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Thanks,that's a bummer.Marilyn has been on my case as well about not going to the gym.I was gonna sneak up there and just train light,lol,Brian.

Please don’t 

The proprietor of our local microbrewery & bar didn’t take sufficient care after a routine cataract op and ended up in all sorts of trouble.  He’s ok now, finally, but there were very difficult days

Its only a very short time they ask you to restrict your activities - well worth the investment for the future benefits 

Lecture over - please take care.  Have a quiet time. Look after yourself

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Don’t! Really don’t!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Sunday everyone.

Can you help.  I don't like showers  but obviously have to have them now. Occasionally I would love a bath.  Has anyone got a relative/friend who has one of those  mechanised bath lowerer/lifter that you kind of slide onto.  If so, are they good, are they worth it   The ones I have seen range from about £200 to £500.  Thanks

Also  if you get a message saying    "Patient Knows Best" has an important document for you.  "Patient knows best" is a silly named NHS Dept.  I thought it was a joke or a scam.  I found out it wasn't.  It took ages to get in and there was an appointment I have been waiting  nearly a year for. I could have missed it and so could others.  So far I have had no postal or text confirmation.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Happy Sunday everyone.

Can you help.  I don't like showers  but obviously have to have them now. Occasionally I would love a bath.  Has anyone got a relative/friend who has one of those  mechanised bath lowerer/lifter that you kind of slide onto.  If so, are they good, are they worth it   The ones I have seen range from about £200 to £500.  Thanks

Also  if you get a message saying    "Patient Knows Best" has an important document for you.  "Patient knows best" is a silly named NHS Dept.  I thought it was a joke or a scam.  I found out it wasn't.  It took ages to get in and there was an appointment I have been waiting  nearly a year for. I could have missed it and so could others.  So far I have had no postal or text confirmation.

My wife uses an Aquajoy bath lift, because of her incapacity. It's basically a board with a back rest, that you sit on and can lower yourself into the bath, and of course back up when you're ready to get out. She has used it regularly for 14 years without any problems.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

This cheeky wee chap was enjoying his snack on my fence this morning!  Not too bad a day up here - definitely couldn’t say it was warm but not too bad for a bit of gardening.   Hope you are all having a good Sunday. 

IMG_0234.jpeg

We had  surprise vist from DH's sister and her husband, they had been passing through Stoke on their way home from visiting someone in a a care home so decided to bring a hand painted card from DH's brother who lives in Tenessee and had sent cards wirh catch up messages for both of his brothers and both sisters to the eldest because he knows that she is the most likely to deliver them rather than wait until she sees each of them.  We have quite a collection now.20240818_182220.thumb.jpg.29e2de90b3e19cfc10a50d54426c71d2.jpg

• Like 13

Evening all, I had been wondering where Avril was too, hope her and Frank are ok.

Yesterday there was a Summer Party at my Mum’s home. We all went- John and I, my sister and her husband and our son, partner and grandchild. It was good fun, they’d decorated the place and they had a singer and awards! My mum got the “Mrs Tumble” award 😆 There was a huge buffet, I only had a couple of sausage rolls and some crisps but the men (and our 5 year old grandson) had burgers and/or hot dogs! They said they were very good. They have a bar there and a glass of wine or beer was £2.50! We also sat in the very warm garden too.

• Like 12

13 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

My wife uses an Aquajoy bath lift, because of her incapacity. It's basically a board with a back rest, that you sit on and can lower yourself into the bath, and of course back up when you're ready to get out. She has used it regularly for 14 years without any problems.

My mum has one of those too. I have used it too and it is brilliant 

Michelle

• Like 2

It's quiet on here again this morning.  It is a bit grey here it is forecast to brighten later and not rain I til this evening. I have the washing is out on the line so hopefully it will stay fine until that has dried.

We don't have much planned today other than DH finishing the decorating so that we can put everything back in place. managed to sleep until 6:55 this morning so my fitbit is saying 6hrs 33 mins sleep which is more than I usually get.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 5

Good morning.

Awake at 6am but didn't want to disturb anyone on here.

I dropped Pauline off at work and got my breakfast and eating it overlooking the North sea.

The view reminds me of our aft balcony views on P&O.

I pray 🙏 everyone especially Avril and Frank @Adawn47 and Jane @Beckett are all well and we all have a great day.

IMG_20240819_075230.jpg

• Like 5

Good morning. I hope everyone is well.

What lovely weather we had yesterday here in the south. I travelled to friends near Bracknell for the afternoon. The traffic on the M27 (going west) from before Southampton going towards the New Forest was horrendous. The M3 was also busy around Winchester - so they seemed to be the popular sunny day destinations!

I was concerned about the journey home, but luckily, once again, the traffic was all going in the opposite direction with everyone returning home. 👏

This morning is quite cool and almost feels a bit autumnal…..😢

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I pray 🙏 everyone especially Avril and Frank @Adawn47 and Jane @Beckett are all well and we all have a great day.

I was thinking of them this morning and a lot of others who stopped posting some time ago.

Hope all are well and decide to post again ,in their own good time of course .🙂

In the Kalos household.. 🎵 Just another manic Monday 🎵 ...Doing nowt.🙃

Our dairy today consists of  .. Pop Master and a go on Wordle, maybe research a

few cruise related matters and then see what the rest of the day brings .

Have a great day everyone and take care .😀

donowt.jpg.add0f52dd9e02da2b5cac39ce4f3be6a.jpg Then I stop for a break 🙃

• Like 6
  • Haha 6