P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

52 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I've been wondering exactly the same since last night. Probably daft enough to assume the next batch is coming when promised, forgetting the old adage "a bird in the hand"... 

Given that time really does seem to be the essence here, I hope this isn’t the case.  My bubble neighbour was given the date for her second dose when she had the first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Given that time really does seem to be the essence here, I hope this isn’t the case.  My bubble neighbour was given the date for her second dose when she had the first.

So do I, but haven't heard anyone say that they have actually physically got more than 800,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine in their hot little hands.

And, sadly, they have form...🥴

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

In the briefing yesterday, I think I heard Johnson say that 500,000 had been vaccinated so far.

If I recall correctly, we had 800,000 doses delivered, enough for 400,000 people.

I’m wondering how all the 500,000 are going to get their second dose, unless we’ve had another delivery of vaccines that I haven’t heard about 

Didn't they tell you another delivery is due early Jan?. I would write to your MP.

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

In the briefing yesterday, I think I heard Johnson say that 500,000 had been vaccinated so far.

He said 350.000.  In a post yesterday? someone mentioned the vials hold 6 doses and because some people weren't turning up for their booked appointments😲(unbelievable!!) part vials were having to be discarded, and after seeing the mass London exodus Saturday evening as well, only proves that the great British public also have to shoulder a lot of the blame for this ongoing pandemic.

Avril

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

He said 350.000.  In a post yesterday? someone mentioned the vials hold 6 doses and because some people weren't turning up for their booked appointments😲(unbelievable!!) part vials were having to be discarded, and after seeing the mass London exodus Saturday evening as well, only proves that the great British public also have to shoulder a lot of the blame for this ongoing pandemic.

Avril

I thought it was 350000 a few days ago and  500,000 yesterday 

I think I’m going to have to take notes from each briefing,

at least it would take my mind off Boris Johnson’s hair. I think he brushes his hair with a balloon before each appearance 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

And that date is not confirmed. The surgery has had to cancel everyone they had booked in for this week...

"This has happened to several other practices. We are so sorry to all our patients, and are as upset and disappointed as you are. This is something completely beyond our control. As soon as we have our confirmed delivery date we will be in touch. Thanks for your understanding during this difficult time."

The same message is appearing across this area too. There is no vaccine, and GPs are getting a lot of unfair flak for the fiasco.

1 minute ago, Son of Anarchy said:

If the government change the regs, you might find that in the future, number plates displaying the EU flag become illegal.  Or at the least when you go to get a new set, having the EU flag on your number is no longer an option.  

I think the sticker was £0.99p on Ebay.  Just fits over the other one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

They made some changes to the red ones a few ago.  When I got my current passport about 2 years ago, the photo page was no longer laminated.  The laminated page gave the whole document a bit more sturdiness than the one replaced it.  What I do need to do though is put some tape over the European Union embossing on the cover! 😲

Fortunately my BiL's grown up children have been able to get Irish passports, to make work and travel easier for them in the future.

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

If I recall correctly, we had 800,000 doses delivered, enough for 400,000 people.

I’m wondering how all the 500,000 are going to get their second dose, unless we’ve had another delivery of vaccines that I haven’t heard about 

Maybe there have been further deliveries, after all we do have 40 million ordered.

1 minute ago, Son of Anarchy said:

If the government change the regs, you might find that in the future, number plates displaying the EU flag become illegal.  Or at the least when you go to get a new set, having the EU flag on your number is no longer an option.  

Never had an EU flag on my car in the first place and having done a limited straw poll (looking across at the other driveways) neither does anyone else here.

Did those who have them need them to travel to Europe or something?

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Never had an EU flag on my car in the first place and having done a limited straw poll (looking across at the other driveways) neither does anyone else here.

yes.  We used to go Europe a lot before we cruised.  Number plates were provided by car dealership with the EU flag on.

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I haven't had any type of flag on any number plate of a car I've owned in the last 5 or 6 years.

Certainly my current car, 3 years old, doesn't have one.

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Fortunately my BiL's grown up children have been able to get Irish passports, to make work and travel easier for them in the future.

I emailed the Russian embassy last year to see if I could get a Russian passport based on my Mum's dual nationality.  Never got a reply.  Probably dodged a bullet there!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Certain car dealers would put them on all their new cars for some years. For example my local Ford dealer didn't but the Lexus dealer did.

Edited by Esprit

4 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Curtain car dealers would put them on all their new cars for some years. For example my local Ford dealer didn't but the Lexus dealer did.

Just checked the car.  Has the EU flag on it.  Well, it was built in the homeland of the first president of the European Economic Community....