P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8°C now and dry but rain forecast in the next half hour.

It has been very windy overnight and still is windy.

We will try to go out for a walk later if it isn't raining.

Good luck to everyone getting vaccines today and the next few days.

Stay safe.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

It’s soggy here after a wet night but hopefully improving as the day goes on.
After the Harry Potter fail we have moved on - to Schitts Creek! 🙄 Anyone else hooked on that?  It reminds us of Soap, from decades ago - a “soap opera” making fun of soap operas.  Anyway, it’s a little sweaty but very funny, and with each episode a tight 21 minutes long, you can dip in and out as time and your mood allow

Have a good day everyone 

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s soggy here after a wet night but hopefully improving as the day goes on.
After the Harry Potter fail we have moved on - to Schitts Creek! 🙄 Anyone else hooked on that?  It reminds us of Soap, from decades ago - a “soap opera” making fun of soap operas.  Anyway, it’s a little sweaty but very funny, and with each episode a tight 21 minutes long, you can dip in and out as time and your mood allow

Have a good day everyone 

I've been there without a paddle,not very nice.

• Haha 2

Another nasty wet day here.  I was woken up at 5:20 am by the rain battering the windows.  The good thing about waking so early is I have done the horrible job of cleaning the oven and cleaned every room in the house before 9 am.  

David is now shielding until 31st March.  This won't make much difference because he hasn't been anywhere except for a daily walk since last summer.  I hope that it will be safe enough to do something on 31st March as it will be my birthday.

• Like 3

Just another day in the office!

Been running on empty since the 31 January tax return deadline passed, but it will be a positive day today. 

I'll be submitting my clients' furlough claims all day so they get the money into their bank accounts before next Friday. Just wish HMRC improved the online claim process. it's so clunky and having to re-enter every employees NI number each month is so time consuming.

But pleased to be doing my little bit in these tough times.

• Like 3

Nice sunny day here after heavy rain and strong winds yesterday and last night, at 8oC, so a bit cooler than yesterday, but nice to see the sun.

I am another that hasn’t read the Harry Potter books, but I have watched some of the films as my children where into them. My youngest granddaughter is now reading them.

It’s a fine but cloudy day here today. I heard it raining earlier when hubby got up and must have been raining when he took the dogs out as they were wet and soggy when they came back. Must get on now, got a mountain of ironing waiting for me but might just have a coffee first...

Michelle 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Re Harry Potter, saw them at the cinema, took our son. My mum read the first few books with our son. I enjoyed them at the time but have had no desire to watch them again. I can’t believe how many times they’ve been repeated on TV!

They clearly were extremely popular and made a fortune for J K Rowling and her publishers.

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I am an avid reader but I only read the first Harry Potter book and was not interested enough to read more or to watch a film.  My niece's 11 year old is obsessed with Harry Potter at the moment so I am obviously too old understand them. 

It could be because youngsters have the innocence to still believe in a fantasy. I prefer  more realism in my books and films now.

Avril

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pete14 said:

Another one not interested in Harry Potter books or films. My Kindle is dominated by Scandinavian crime novels from several authors. Some interesting plots, very well written (even as English translations), little gratuitous bad language and definitely nothing to do with USA.

I'm a crime fan too. I will admit I love certain American crime authors, but I will read any good crime fiction.

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm a crime fan too. I will admit I love certain American crime authors, but I will read any good crime fiction.

Avril

Me too! I read less American and more British authors now than I used to, but still enjoy Harlan Coben, Linwood Barclay, Michael Connelly, Tess Gerritsen & Lisa Gardner.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Me too! I read less American and more British authors now than I used to, but still enjoy Harlan Coben, Linwood Barclay, Michael Connelly, Tess Gerritsen & Lisa Gardner.

We have a similar taste in books Sarah. Well I'll pop over now and see what they've name the new P&O monster.

Avril

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We also read these authors, may I suggest you try Simon Kernick and Scott Mariani (Scottish)? Scott Mariani writes the Ben Hope series which is similar to the Lee Childs Jack Reacher books but with an historical background.

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It could be because youngsters have the innocence to still believe in a fantasy. I prefer  more realism in my books and films now.

Avril

I too prefer realism and true stories. Historical novels like Lord if the rings and Game of thrones.🤔

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

When we were having a spring clean during one of the lockdowns, DW said ' can we chuck out all these old Agatha Christie books yet, you've had them years. You must have every one She wrote.'🤔

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We also read these authors, may I suggest you try Simon Kernick and Scott Mariani (Scottish)? Scott Mariani writes the Ben Hope series which is similar to the Lee Childs Jack Reacher books but with an historical background.

Thanks, I'll have a look for those.

Brits (or non American) that I look out for are Ann Cleaves, Rachel Abbott, CL Taylor, Laura Elliott, Mark Edwards, Roger Ellory, Sebastian Faulks, Peter May, Philippa Gregory......the list goes on...

I am having a 'classics' year so far, re-reading some Daphne du Maurier, Oscar Wilde & Jane Austen.

• Like 1