P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Went to my local tip on Thursday no booking system, no queues opening hours as normal and no wearing masks. I was in and out within 5 minutes. The only restriction is staff will not help to unload your vehicle which is understandable.

Occasionally at our local tip that Lady from the telly is there, that programme where they make things good again and sell them on. I had a few old golf umbrellas. I jokingly asked if she wanted them. With a very pleasant smile she replied ' do I look like Mary Poppins ?'. I chucked them in the skip.🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Has anyone else's gardening skills improved during this quarantine like mine have?

I planted myself on my couch at the beginning of  last March and I've grown quite a lot

since then  .:classic_unsure:

I hope you're checking yourself often for any moss. Then again, according to bro, Kate could help you out with that. Just watch the BP😉

Avril

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Afternoon all. Well yesterday was awful. A lot of pain. However had 8 hours sleep and awoke feeling much better.  Physios came and got me on my feet with a frame and I could go to the loo.  My bedpan nightmare is over!

If they ask me one more time about my bowels and my bp I will scream 

If all well should be allowed home on Wednesday.  Thanks for all your good wishes. 

Not quite ready for a hike up to Prawle point yet?🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Avril.

When I paid it said collections start early March 2021.

I had tried online but it wasn't showing brown garden waste bins so I just rang the council and April 2nd is first collection.

Graham.

April 2nd is Good Friday. Didn't think they worked on a bank holiday.😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Who me????😲 not on your nelly. As Frank often tells me, he gardens, I only potter. Or Stirling can do it if he's available😊

Avril

Details of his will were in (I think) the Times yesterday, so that could prove a little difficult. He made some very interesting bequests.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Afternoon all. Well yesterday was awful. A lot of pain. However had 8 hours sleep and awoke feeling much better.  Physios came and got me on my feet with a frame and I could go to the loo.  My bedpan nightmare is over!

If all well should be allowed home on Wednesday.  Thanks for all your good wishes. 

Lovely to hear from you Jean, but sorry you felt so awful yesterday; poor old you.

Fingers crossed for you on Wednesday. I imagine you're pretty cheesed off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Details of his will were in (I think) the Times yesterday, so that could prove a little difficult. He made some very interesting bequests.

Not a ghost of a chance he can do it then,  and Kate will be dealing with Kalos's moss so it looks as if the job is Frank's😉

Avril

• Like 1

Glad your feeling better Jean,  just dont tell the physios you were a flight attendant, or they will have you pushing the drinks trolley!:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, delgirl said:

April 2nd is Good Friday. Didn't think they worked on a bank holiday.😀

Good point.

All our collections are on Fridays so nearer the time I will check online as they might move the collection to Saturday.

I am pleased that you are feeling better and up even though it is with a frame.  I hope that they do set you free on Wednesday, nothing is like being in your own home.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good point.

All our collections are on Fridays so nearer the time I will check online as they might move the collection to Saturday.

Our bin men work all bank holidays except for Xmas, so that's the only time of the year when any collection days are missed

• Like 1

Another lovely sunny day here. OH has been gardening (filling up the brown bin for collection on Wednesday) and I did a bit of housework.

Exciting news! I had a phone call from my hairdresser and have an appointment for April 12th 🤞😀

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good point.

Our local service works every Bank Holiday, apart from Christmas and New Year.

Sorry John, just saw your post! 

Edited by wowzz

7 hours ago, pete14 said:

Just to let you know Presto, the heron is back 🤢. I saw him flying above the pond at the bottom end of Pitshill, so very near to your favourite park. I think he had been annoying a couple of geese and was being pursued by a couple of gulls. It seemed to be darker in colour than the one we ‘cherished’ last year but I have heard that they go darker when they get a bit older. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings! 🤨. Nature is waking up from it’s winter slumbers.

Oh noooooooo ! Oh well the ducklings etc survived last year so will have to keep our fingers crossed this year ! I am hoping that he was hanging around last year as the park was so quiet, but this year there are far more people about and lots of people fishing too ! 

31 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh noooooooo ! Oh well the ducklings etc survived last year so will have to keep our fingers crossed this year ! I am hoping that he was hanging around last year as the park was so quiet, but this year there are far more people about and lots of people fishing too ! 

I hope your optimism is not misplaced. 

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Its not like me to be optimistic so leave me be for now --- there is time for sheer panic later in the Spring 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pete14 said:

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Its not like me to be optimistic so leave me be for now --- there is time for sheer panic later in the Spring 🙂 🙂 🙂 

c17b44a9921065dc2a988653e148b115.gif.c767a440d715224609a35adda2c2e3ee.giftenor.gif.0518a6528570350520cf724a4a8697a1.gif

Lets not count our chicks before , lunch ..err ..... I mean hatched :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Went to my local tip on Thursday no booking system, no queues opening hours as normal and no wearing masks. I was in and out within 5 minutes. The only restriction is staff will not help to unload your vehicle which is understandable.

Checked mine this morning, queue was huge estimated 1hr 20 min wait, must be all those keen gardeners over the weekend. Will hold off until later in the week.

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Our charged for Brown Garden refuse bin has a winter break from sometime in November until mid Feb but ours is still empty anyway.

Our brown bin is green, no additional charge for collections which happen all year round. Nearly filled mine yesterday with pruning, another 10 days before next collection, I try to compost as much as I can, having 2 compost bins, but ivy doesn’t compost well.

2 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Our brown bin is green, no additional charge for collections which happen all year round. Nearly filled mine yesterday with pruning, another 10 days before next collection, I try to compost as much as I can, having 2 compost bins, but ivy doesn’t compost well.

We have the same.Ours is nearly full of ivy as well but with the state of our lawn I reckon I could fill a whole bin with moss!!

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Circle of Life I am afraid. Regularly have a Sparrow Hawk in back garden killing sparrows not nice to see or hear but he has to feed and he is a beautiful bird.

50 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Circle of Life I am afraid. Regularly have a Sparrow Hawk in back garden killing sparrows not nice to see or hear but he has to feed and he is a beautiful bird.

Having watched some large crows pick off some orphan ducklings one by one and not able to reach them I always feel sick at what I saw and heard. Nature is cruel .... just wish I'd been able to get to the young ones in time. 😞 I didn't sleep that night ....... so sad, but nature ...not at its finest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

We have the same.Ours is nearly full of ivy as well but with the state of our lawn I reckon I could fill a whole bin with moss!!

My tub of Lawn Sand arrived today, the moss in my lawn will feel it’s wrath in the next few days, followed by the scarifier. If that fails new lawn maybe only option. 

• Like 1

1°C this morning.

The overnight fog has almost cleared.

Like most on here it will be another day sitting at home watching TV after I have rang a couple of customers and cleaned the bathroom.

Pauline working from home downstairs since 7.45am.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

• Like 4

Dull and a bit misty so far, but we are promised sun and perhaps 12° this afternoon.  No plans, which is pretty much the usual, but we’ll just enjoy getting out without needing to bundle up against rain or extreme cold.

It feels like the general trend is onwards and upwards, tho’ there’s many a potential slip on the way, the first of which is the schools reopening on Monday.  I do hope it goes well for all concerned

I know I am feeling more confident of my own welfare, four weeks along from my first jab.  I went to Waitrose and Cook yesterday, which must have been my first time in a shop for ... 3 months or so.  I said to the girl in Cook that I feel like a daffodil - been in the cold and dark all winter but now I’ve sprung back and am stretching my face to the sun 😊

Oh - my Premium Bonds have yielded £125 this month.  Whoop, Whoop 🎊 

Enjoy your day everyone

• Like 10