P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Love Toblerone!!! I am having a scan tmoro and I can’t have chocolate, tea or coffee for 24 hours before the scan, it’s horrible 

Michelle

🤞Hope your scan is okay tomorrow Michelle.

Good luck.

Graham.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Love Toblerone!!! I am having a scan tmoro and I can’t have chocolate, tea or coffee for 24 hours before the scan, it’s horrible 

Michelle

Hope your scan goes well.I had a blood test yesterday and had I known I was going to be weighed as well I wouldn't have had the mini magnum after lunch! I wasn't even allowed to take my boots off! I had to console myself with a Twirl bar when I arrived home!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've just been reading all your chocolate posts (Lindt, my absolute favorite, Betty's - been to the one in York several times);  and before that the lovely pie posts, most of which had me salivating and I have to tell you that you don't know how lucky you are/were.

The reason for this food envy is that growing up in North London my "treat" was tripe and onions, jellied eels, pie mash and liquor from Mansi's in Holloway Road, and the occasional trip to Southend for cockles and winkles! The trip for eels was especially horrific as the shop/cafe had the live eels swimming around in the window crates just waiting to be picked. Once chosen, their heads were chopped off in front of you. My nan used to take the headless dead eels home to cook. It's a wonder I wasn't scarred for life - or perhaps I was! Jane.x

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Beckett said:

The trip for eels was especially horrific as the shop/cafe had the live eels swimming around in the window crates just waiting to be picked. Once chosen, their heads were chopped off in front of you. My nan used to take the headless dead eels home to cook. It's a wonder I wasn't scarred for life - or perhaps I was! Jane.x

Aah, you were lucky... 

My mum used to bring the live eels home on the bus from Romford market and chop their heads off at home... That is if they made it home, they were often known to escape on the bus, causing mayhem... 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Aah, you were lucky... 

My mum used to bring the live eels home on the bus from Romford market and chop their heads off at home... That is if they made it home, they were often known to escape on the bus, causing mayhem... 

Andy 

OMG! I'll have nightmares tonight. J.x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Good luck with the scan.  Get a big Toblerone for after. 

Edited by Josy1953
Predictive text
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Good luck for tomorrow Michelle. Make sure you have a huge bar of triangular deliciousness for afterwards as a reward. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I was a rep for Payne's Poppets, Just Brazil's and Anthon Berg Danish chocolate for 13 years from the mid 1980s.

Payne's Poppets! I haven't heard that name for years. I used to buy a  bag every Saturday afternoon when I went to the Saturday Matinee. 

Avril

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Payne's Poppets! I haven't heard that name for years. I used to buy a  bag every Saturday afternoon when I went to the Saturday Matinee. 

Avril

Fox's( Northern Foods) bought Payne's.

Poppets,Just Brazil's and Just Mints are still available.

Toffets was my favourite in the little boxes.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sixpence from numerous machines on the Underground too. Perfect for a long wait late at  night on the Northern Line back to Clapham Common (before it went upmarket!).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Were they the ones with the rather tasteless and dry, supposedly flavoured fondant fillings?  M&Ms are my favoured nibbly chocolate snack, especially those with nuts inside.

4 hours ago, ann141 said:

Hope your scan goes well.I had a blood test yesterday and had I known I was going to be weighed as well I wouldn't have had the mini magnum after lunch! I wasn't even allowed to take my boots off! I had to console myself with a Twirl bar when I arrived home!!

Thanks Anne. Good thinking consoling yourself with a chocolate bar, that’s my kind of thinking too

Michelle

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good luck with the scan.  Get a big Toblerone for after. 

Thanks Josy, I have a bottle of rhubarb & ginger gin and some tonic water, I am sure toblerone will go perfectly with it

Michelle

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I love Lindt, my favourite. I treat the both of us sometimes, either Lindor or a bar, but on Mother's Day I was bought a box of their chocolates. Delicious😋. I hope you're taking notes bro😉

Sis

Christmas b4 last Tesco were selling Lindor for 50p, reduced from a fiver.We took 5 cartons to Italy.They were the best ever,even though they were out of date,lol.bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Aah, you were lucky... 

Andy 

The fish stall in Becontree used to put them on newspaper to stop them wriggling b4 the chop.Not a pretty site when I was a kid.

• Like 2

After a lovely day yesterday, wet today and chilly, good old British weather.

All that talk of eels reminds me of the shell fish stall, outside the local at weekends, jellied eels, whelks,  cockles, prawns, my mouth is drawling ! Trip down to Southend for the lights in the autumn, good old days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

After a lovely day yesterday, wet today and chilly, good old British weather.

All that talk of eels reminds me of the shell fish stall, outside the local at weekends, jellied eels, whelks,  cockles, prawns, my mouth is drawling ! Trip down to Southend for the lights in the autumn, good old days.

Are you a cockney geezer like Andy and I?Did you emigrate to Yorkshire?

• Haha 1