P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm glad you're feeling better and that you've recharged your batteries Jane. Those two weeks have  simply flown by. It sounds as though you've given things some serious thought and I hope it works out well for you. Good luck tomorrow and take care. x

Avril

Thank you very much Avril. I have given everything serious thought and the break gave me the time and space to do that. Jane.x

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Pleased that you are feeling better after your 2 weeks off and hope the new work/life balance works out well for you.Take Care

Thanks so much Ann. Time will tell. I see you've booked a staycation. Good on you. It will be interesting to read all the reviews when the time comes. Jane.x

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good luck and make sure you take care of yourself , what your doing is a wonderful thing 

just as taking care of yourself is too. Keep safe .:classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos. I will, and, as always, I so appreciate your support. Jane.x

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brian1 said:

Too late,Wowz has already shattered my colonial superiority.Someone is gonna say that Cadbury Aus is not related to UK.When the Aussies were boasting about it on the ship,I had to try it.It was a orrible bland gunk.

Same as Fosters Lager.  Awful in Australia,  absolutely terrible in the UK! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

I once tried a Kit Kat in the states, it was rubbish, having said that ours are not that same since Nestles took over Rountrees in York

7 hours ago, brian1 said:

It must be all that Yorkshire milk that's the secret.

Well, Nestle took over Rowntree in 1988, so you must have a good memory about the KitKat comparisons if you can remember that far back.

And I sold dairy products to Nestle in York until 2005,  and my company at the time had no dairy production facilities in Yorkshire.  Nestle could pick and choose who they purchased from, and obviously,  due to my charisma, they bought from me!😁 

Sorry, I'm in pedant mode tonight.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

My John is a partner on the Waitrose side, worrying times.

My feeling is that the Waitrose side of the business is pretty robust, with a loyal customer base.

Years ago, when I had dealings with the major head offices,  Bracknell was my favourite sales call !

I'm sure John will be OK.

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

My feeling is that the Waitrose side of the business is pretty robust, with a loyal customer base.

Years ago, when I had dealings with the major head offices,  Bracknell was my favourite sales call !

I'm sure John will be OK.

Imagine the impact of a merged John Lewis/Marks and Spencer.

A combined Waitrose/M&S Foods (both very profitable now) operating from stores across the country.

All the rest entirely online, with the exception perhaps of a very small number of major stores in key locations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, Nestle took over Rowntree in 1988, so you must have a good memory about the KitKat comparisons if you can remember that far back.

And I sold dairy products to Nestle in York until 2005,  and my company at the time had no dairy production facilities in Yorkshire.  Nestle could pick and choose who they purchased from, and obviously,  due to my charisma, they bought from me!😁 

Sorry, it tasted better when it was Nesels,it went downhill when it was called Neslay.How can you have a bloody French Milky bar kid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I had the AZ jab at 2 this afternoon, so far so good, not even a sore arm YET.

People I know, who got them, tended to start to get after effects around 12 hours after the jab, I'll reserve judgement until I wake in the morning.

Good that you have received your jab. Hope you have no side effects 

Michelle

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Sorry, it tasted better when it was Nesels,it went downhill when it was called Neslay.How can you have a bloody French Milky bar kid.

I had a mate who worked at Nestle factory , he was seriously injured when a pallet of chocolate fell more than 50 feet and crushed him underneath... He tried in vain to attract attention but every time

he shouted "The milky bars are on me" everyone just cheered :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I did know it was quite some years ago but in my opinion it was never has good, the same applies to Terrys of York since they were closed and production went abroad.

Edited by Bloodaxe

10 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks so much Graham. Jane.x

Pauline had her first Vaccine last night at Durham and so far no reactions.

Her appointment was 7.10pm and the staff told her they had been there since early morning and were shattered but were still smiling and in good spirits.

Good luck at work today and thank you and your colleagues for the marvelous job you all do.

Graham.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Just a bit of a sore arm this morning when I push it, so I won't push it ! Nothing else so far ............

Lovely sunny morning here 10 degrees.

So far Pauline has had no side effects.

I got her to take 2 paracetamol before she went to sleep so she had a pain killer in her system in case she had pain during the night.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Beckett said:

Sorry guys, I've hogged almost a whole page but just wanted to thank you all personally as well as collectively. You're a great crew ( see the cruise connection there), you really are. Jane.xxxx

I think it's lovely you personally reply to everyone who sends their best wishes.

Graham x.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Beckett said:

Reading so many of your posts I realise, not for the first time, how lucky I was to have been in a bubble with my immediate family; that's my daughter,  son-in-law, and two granddaughters. Without them, and my dog, this past year could have been unbearable for me. So, I just want to say that I really feel for you all who are longing for those family hugs that hopefully will be coming your way very soon. 

After nearly 2 weeks away, I'm going back to work tomorrow. We've agreed that I will cut down by one day per week with a view to 2 days in 2022 so we'll see how that pans out. I'm also going to continue with the vaccine volunteering but again, much pared down from previously.  Fingers crossed!

I've been so excited to read all about your staycations - and almost tempted to book one, but have resisted- so far!  Best wishes to all. Jane.x

I am so pleased that you are feeling a bit better, you obviously needed the time off and it is good that you are going to cut back a little.  If things start to get to you again take a step back and remember that your health is as important as anyone else's. 

We are thinking that we will stay home this year and look at next year if things are a lot better in the covid front.  It is definitely a change for us because we usually 3 cruises a year and then have short breaks in between.

Stay safe

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am so pleased that you are feeling a bit better, you obviously needed the time off and it is good that you are going to cut back a little.  If things start to get to you again take a step back and remember that your health is as important as anyone else's. 

We are thinking that we will stay home this year and look at next year if things are a lot better in the covid front.  It is definitely a change for us because we usually 3 cruises a year and then have short breaks in between.

Stay safe

Thank you so much Josy - for your good wishes and sound advice. I'm staying home this year too, apart from a short break on the Suffolk coast in August. Next year, all being well, I am on Ventura with the family. However, looking forward another year made me think that I'm wishing my life away so until then I'm going to try and find some new and different things to enjoy - don't know what yet! Be well and stay safe too. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I had a mate who worked at Nestle factory , he was seriously injured when a pallet of chocolate fell more than 50 feet and crushed him underneath... He tried in vain to attract attention but every time

he shouted "The milky bars are on me" everyone just cheered :classic_unsure:

My friend fell into a vat of custard. He started shouting ' fire, fire '. His mates rushed over and got him our. One of them said why were you shouting ' fire ,fire'. Well if I shouted ' custard,custard'  I would still be in there.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

So far Pauline has had no side effects.

I got her to take 2 paracetamol before she went to sleep so she had a pain killer in her system in case she had pain during the night.

I have had my tablet review this morning and other things like BP . They were more than happy with my readings from my recent tests. I am now down to six type of type of tablets from eight which is great for me as I detest having to take tablets . Good to hear that Pauline had no side effects but we will never know if that was due to the two tablets or she had none anyway but the main thing is she is vaccinated  and free from side effects . Splices post made me smile , sat poking an injection site to see if it hurts is not a side effect, silly yes , so don't do it .:classic_smile:

Have a good day everyone & stay safe !

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1