P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

My friend has just cancelled coffee, a deer has just ran over the bonnet of her car!! There are some very large dents in it. She needs to ring insurance etc so it looks like coffee at home with the dogs

Michelle 

Good grief. That’s certainly a very valid reason to cancel…..

43 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I always know when I need to get cracking with the ironing.

Frank starts wearing my clothes.

Only joking🤣

Avril

That comment about Frank made me laugh out loud……

I hate ironing. In the winter it is easier to avoid.
I hide the pile waiting for me in the spare room so I don’t need to look at the growing tower…..

Gill x

Good morning, better weather I'm pleased to say, more like summer.

Opticians soon for new glasses. Broke the arm of my last pair and been using £1.99 ready readers for a couple of months !

Ironing, well I'm a dab hand, one of the first things we were taught in training as a 16 year old in the RN. Wow betide you if your kit wasn't ironed and folded to exact sizes for the weekly kit myster, happy days.

Morning everyone.

Dull and breezy down with showers forecast, but it was nice yesterday.

I only got the iron out yesterday to iron my blouses and trousers for work and ended up doing the basket load - it wasn't a large amount. Just thought while I'd got the iron out I might as well get it done!!

It normally sits there looking at me with the pile getting bigger and bigger🙄 I could do with a housework fairy!!

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

My friend has just cancelled coffee, a deer has just ran over the bonnet of her car!! There are some very large dents in it. She needs to ring insurance etc so it looks like coffee at home with the dogs

Michelle 

Oh dear,  I hope that your friend is OK.

6 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle 

Blimey! Hope all is ok, shame you’ve missed your catch up.

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

As Wednesday is Joshua day and the sun is shining ,  I’m sitting in the garden for a while to recover! He’s lovely but I’m exhausted afterwards. Nice breeze about too so very pleasant.

It’s lovely when they arrive in the morning and equally lovely when they leave in the evening 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

OMG,48.8C in Sicily,a record.That's only up the road from us.My OH is glad we're not going over till Sept.It's the night temps that make it worse.

They could try exporting some of the heat to West Yorkshire, its decidedly unsummery  here.

• Like 2

Hope everyone has been kind to my stand-in? Just back from a wonderful two weeks on Saga's newest ship. All I can say is watch out P&O.  SOoooo good to be back on board a cruise ship!

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope everyone has been kind to my stand-in? Just back from a wonderful two weeks on Saga's newest ship. All I can say is watch out P&O.  SOoooo good to be back on board a cruise ship!

Sharon glad you had a good cruise, welcome back.

Would you be able to share your views on the pros and cons of SAGA v P&O. It would be interesting to hear what these relative lines do well / could improve by comparison (and taking account of the difference in price).

I haven’t sailed with SAGA yet but it’s defiantly one I want to try so time.

21 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I’ve heard exactly the same from friends who used always to cruise with P&O, but now cruise only with Saga.  They’re absolutely converted and won’t go back.

The only downside is pricing, but how much of a difference there is I’m not sure because direct comparisons are difficult.

18 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Morning Sharon. I've been following your thread on Saga. You seem to have enjoyed the experience of a different cruise line. I look forward to reading your opinion on Saga. We have a P&O cruise booked for 2022, but we could consider 'jumping ship' so to speak, for 2023.

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

OMG,48.8C in Sicily,a record.That's only up the road from us.My OH is glad we're not going over till Sept.It's the night temps that make it worse.

Unbelievable  - we had the odd spell when the temperature hit 38c, and that was miserable enough.