P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I came home from the vaccine centre grumbling because our MP spent the day in there trying to be a volunteer instead of doing something useful like sorting out constituency  problems but the sad events that some of you have experienced  really put my whinging into perspective.  It makes me realise how fortunate I am in my life compared with a lot of people.

• Like 3

Sorry Andy. I’m sure none of us meant to upset anyone. It’s a very strange thing, but I do take comfort from hearing from others in the same situation. That’s really crazy as I wouldn’t wish it on anybody, but you know they really understand. 

On a happier note, we have lots of laughs about our life with Mark. He was wonderful, everyone loved him. At his funeral there was standing room only in the church. The Vicar said he estimated there were over 330 in attendance. When one of my friends was going to her car she was stopped  and asked if it was a footballers funeral as there were so many people there. He would have loved that.

Just make sure you give your girls lots of hugs.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Cheers you lot!!! 

I came on here for a bit of light hearted banter after a difficult day at work and end up in tears... 😢

My thoughts are with you all, so sorry for your losses, I can't imagine life without our girls... 

Andy 

Sorry that us guys put a dampener on your evening Andy .

I knew it was going to be one of those day's when I saw Yorkshire Phil's post .

Did you see that picture post Phil did ? .....
No one told me it was  happy sponge cake day... I feel desserted.:classic_wink:

I hope you all sleep well tonight but be careful what you eat, I once ate a load of

of licorice at bedtime and had some very strange nightmares. that night :classic_ohmy:

I dreamt about  All sorts.:classic_smile:

Goodnight everyone catch you all later.. Keep smiling :classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Just catching up after having been at work all day, then cooking dinner and then clearing furniture out of the conservatory ready for builders arriving tomorrow to repair the plaster on the wall.

So sorry to read about all of you that have lost a child, it is something that you never imagine, your children going before us. My thoughts are with you all.

• Like 3

Good morning folks I hope you are all happy and slept well.  I was still awake at 

2.30 this morning ,the neighbours were  shouting and banging on the walls which 

I didn't complain about as I was still up playing my drums anyway .

When I did go to bed I did wake up in a very good mood and I'm now sat having a 

nice big mug of tea but without my usual slice of toast and I am beginning to feel

a bit angry about not having it . Do you think that I could be lack-toast intolerant ? :classic_unsure:

This morning I have woke up with a lovely ear worm ,one of those songs that you think 

"Where did that come from but as it's a nice song to start the day with I thought I would

share it with you ..:classic_smile: (Turn up your speakers -Enjoy  and be happy )

I hope you all have a wonderful day and you all keep safe :classic_love:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

At last!!!!!  I don't know what happened to CC  from early evening until this morning, but it kept jumping so quickly between Log in and Log out I was getting dizzy.  All fine again this morning.

At bit dismal here this morning but perfect for getting the garden ready for the winter. I know it's early, we usually do it Oct/Nov, but everything seems to be coming to an end now, even the garden thinks it's late Autumn. We're promised an Indian summer,so we can only hope🤞

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to and stay safe everyone, the little blighter's not finished with us just yet😷

Avril

• Like 7

I went to the theatre last night with 3 friends it was the first time since March 2020.  It was as safe as it could be with 2 empty seats between each group of family\friends and a lot of people wearing masks throughout the performance.

The show was one of a series that we have been going to twice a year for 20 years.  There is usually a degree of audience participation standing and singing songs from the sixties and seventies but this time sat until the last song when we could stand for the traditional last song which is Hi Oh Silver Lining.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I went to the theatre last night with 3 friends it was the first time since March 2020.  It was as safe as it could be with 2 empty seats between each group of family\friends and a lot of people wearing masks throughout the performance.

The show was one of a series that we have been going to twice a year for 20 years.  There is usually a degree of audience participation standing and singing songs from the sixties and seventies but this time sat until the last song when we could stand for the traditional last song which is Hi Oh Silver Lining.

Glad you had a good time, I’d love to have gaps all the time between me and strangers 😆

Bit dull here yet again, ‘they’ keep saying it’s going to warm up but it’s not happening here!

I’ve  booked next Tuesday off work and as it’s a Bank Holiday and I don’t work Wednesdays I’ve got a nice few days to look forward to!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Sorry Andy. I’m sure none of us meant to upset anyone. It’s a very strange thing, but I do take comfort from hearing from others in the same situation. That’s really crazy as I wouldn’t wish it on anybody, but you know they really understand. 

On a happier note, we have lots of laughs about our life with Mark. He was wonderful, everyone loved him. At his funeral there was standing room only in the church. The Vicar said he estimated there were over 330 in attendance. When one of my friends was going to her car she was stopped  and asked if it was a footballers funeral as there were so many people there. He would have loved that.

Just make sure you give your girls lots of hugs.

Indeed, I couldn’t believe how many came up to me and told me of their losses after. In our case she was only diagnosed 2 weeks before we lost her.

Anyway I don’t want to depress anyone further. Have a good day all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

At last!!!!!  I don't know what happened to CC  from early evening until this morning, but it kept jumping so quickly between Log in and Log out I was getting dizzy.  All fine again this morning.

I thought it was just me having problems last night. Glad to hear I wasn't alone!!

Bright and sunny down here, but yet very warm.

Got today off work and the builders have arrived to fix our conservatory wall. My daughter has arranged a surprise graduation party for my grand daughter so I've made some meringue and piped it into mini pavlovas for dessert which are now in the oven. My grand daughter just thinks she's going to her Aunt's for dinner.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Glad to hear that you had a good time.

It's been a long time since I've been to the theatre. Our local theatre closed for a refurbishment long before the pandemic hit and has just reopened and I have been looking to book tickets, but there is very little availablity.

14 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I thought it was just me having problems last night. Glad to hear I wasn't alone!!

Bright and sunny down here, but yet very warm.

Got today off work and the builders have arrived to fix our conservatory wall. My daughter has arranged a surprise graduation party for my grand daughter so I've made some meringue and piped it into mini pavlovas for dessert which are now in the oven. My grand daughter just thinks she's going to her Aunt's for dinner.

I am having issues with CC  this morning, it keeps stopping loading, then restarts again s few minutes later.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Glad to hear that you had a good time.

It's been a long time since I've been to the theatre. Our local theatre closed for a refurbishment long before the pandemic hit and has just reopened and I have been looking to book tickets, but there is very little availablity.

The seats have all been refurbished in the theatre that we went to last night during the pandemic so are a lot more comfortable.  We are fortunate in having 2 theatres, the one that I went to is a theatre in the round so a totally different experience to the other larger theatre where we go to see larger, more traditional productions and concerts. 

Good Morning All and I hope you are all well today.

I also had problems with CC both last night and this morning - I think we're overloading their system!

This is just a quick update (being sent from work) regarding the Covid boosters which I promised to let Harry and any other interested parties know about:  well, the upshot from yesterday's meeting was that the programme has been put back - until when is not specific.  We were originally told to be ready to start vaccinating the over 70s and those with co-morbities etc. from 11th September.  We had to have a visit from the powers-that-be to ensure the practice is suitable and that we had the right equipment on board (de-fib, oxygen, drugs etc).  We were approved and given the 11th as a start date.  Now, they're saying wait for further instruction - this is to everyone not just us.  Oh the joys of the NHS!  So sorry if I've misled you - it certainly wasn't intentional - and I'll let you know more when I know more.

Have a good day everyone.

Jane

x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I also had problems with CC both last night and this morning - I think we're overloading their system!

This is just a quick update (being sent from work) regarding the Covid boosters which I promised to let Harry and any other interested parties know about:  well, the upshot from yesterday's meeting was that the programme has been put back - until when is not specific.  We were originally told to be ready to start vaccinating the over 70s and those with co-morbities etc. from 11th September.  We had to have a visit from the powers-that-be to ensure the practice is suitable and that we had the right equipment on board (de-fib, oxygen, drugs etc).  We were approved and given the 11th as a start date.  Now, they're saying wait for further instruction - this is to everyone not just us.  Oh the joys of the NHS!  So sorry if I've misled you - it certainly wasn't intentional - and I'll let you know more when I know more.

Jane

x

I think we are getting used to all the swapping and changing Jane. The very fact that we may or not need boosters is a moot point with some experts, but the fact that we have recently ordered 35 million Pfizer vaccines for delivery during 2022 tells a story.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Jane

x

Just to add a further bit of context to Jane's post, we are waiting for a report from the JCVI on the booster jabs before the programme is officially launched, which has been delayed and is now expected in September.

The original date to start was the 6th September but we're now looking at potentially late September/early October.

As with everything else at the moment we are not receiving policy and requests for information until the very last second which is incredibly frustrating and also a significant strain on staff when things have to turned around in the blink of an eye!

D x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Jane

x

We were told the same thing at our hub yesterday.  One of the phamacists said that he thought it was because the powers that be are unsure whether or not it is necessary because no-one knows how long the vaccination antibodies last until the trial participants start to get their bloodtests in the autumn, and the data is analysed.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We were told the same thing at our hub yesterday.  One of the phamacists said that he thought it was because the powers that be are unsure whether or not it is necessary because no-one knows how long the vaccination antibodies last until the trial participants start to get their bloodtests in the autumn, and the data is analysed.

They are only just starting a long term trial to ascertain antibody strength over a longer period, so I suppose there is every likelihood that the booster programme may we pushed back even further. I think this is probably due to the latest info that  vaccination immunity,  after an initial fall seems to be levelling off, for how long they want to establish.

I suppose any savings they can make will be very welcome to the exchequor.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

@wowzzwowzz and others  on Princess 22/10 - don't know if you've noticed but embarkation times are now open. Get in quick for those early slots!

Thanks - yes, Sue alerted our roll call yesterday, so we've all booked the "A" boarding group, using the Medallion app.

• Like 2

I have been bowling this afternoon and I thought that I was playing in the winter bowling league again because it was so cold.  We lost the match even though we were on our home green so a disappointing result.

The team that we played were from the club where I learned to play and their captain asked me if I would consider playing there again next year and one of their ladies was their ladies team captain and she asked me if I would play for her team next season. I will have to consider carefully what I want to do because they are only 1 mile from my home instead of a 6 mile drive along 2 of the city's busiest roads.

• Like 2