P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been bowling this afternoon and I thought that I was playing in the winter bowling league again because it was so cold.  We lost the match even though we were on our home green so a disappointing result.

The team that we played were from the club where I learned to play and their captain asked me if I would consider playing there again next year and one of their ladies was their ladies team captain and she asked me if I would play for her team next season. I will have to consider carefully what I want to do because they are only 1 mile from my home instead of a 6 mile drive along 2 of the city's busiest roads.

Would it be a free transfer or is their a fee involved? Maybe you need an agent to maximise your benefits. So much to think about.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Would it be a free transfer or is their a fee involved? Maybe you need an agent to maximise your benefits. So much to think about.

🤣🤣🤣

After how I played today I suspect that our captain probably paid them to ask me to go back to them and if he didn't it was because we are short of players.

The ladies I am less suspicious about because I play in a first division team and she is trying to strengthen her second division team and we were friends for a long time before we started bowling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

🤣🤣🤣

After how I played today I suspect that our captain probably paid them to ask me to go back to them and if he didn't it was because we are short of players.

The ladies I am less suspicious about because I play in a first division team and she is trying to strengthen her second division team and we were friends for a long time before we started bowling.

When I was a Lad, I was in a boys club and joined the scouts as well.I was pretty good at diving. At a gala, the boys club entered me on their team. The scouts called me all sorts of names and even called around to see my folks. I left the scouts straight away and won a gold in the gala. Can't understand sometimes .🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been bowling this afternoon and I thought that I was playing in the winter bowling league again because it was so cold.  We lost the match even though we were on our home green so a disappointing result.

The team that we played were from the club where I learned to play and their captain asked me if I would consider playing there again next year and one of their ladies was their ladies team captain and she asked me if I would play for her team next season. I will have to consider carefully what I want to do because they are only 1 mile from my home instead of a 6 mile drive along 2 of the city's busiest roads.

If you've been with your team for a while then that's not the simple decision to make as it first may seem. You must be a pretty good player if you're being poached. 

There is always the transfer fee.😉😁

Avril

• Like 1

11 hours ago, purplesea said:

Have just returned home after my grand daughter's surprise party. My daughter laid on a buffet and I provided the dessert.Photos.zip

20210824_165824.jpg

20210824_174520.jpg

What a beautiful young lady. You must be so proud.

Those meringues look tasty, I bet they didn't last long😋

Avril

• Like 1

Well I am thoroughly fed up this morning. The glorious leader has indicated that she might bring back in some covid restrictions - they were only lifted 2 weeks ago and keep in mind some have as yet not gone eg masks.

It is a depressing prospect that the freedoms we waited 18 months for might last less than a few weeks. I do wonder if people will comply this time round with severe restrictions if they are imposed again.

Anyway, not a cheerful prospect. 

• Like 1

Hi all,belated best wishes to the birthday and anniversary people over the weekend.Condolences regarding the sad posts I read.Spent 2  days and 1 night in Portsmouth celebrating my OH Marilyn's birthday with the family.The grandkids loved the Spinnaker tower,harbour cruise,Southsea funfair and the new carrier Prince of Wales being towed out for sea trials.Premier Inn and Beefeater very good service and quality,certainly as good as  some so called 4 stars.Breakfast buffet,no covid protocol,but I think that's the norm now.Spent the last 2 nights in Basingstoke with BIL,also PI and BE, again good standard.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Well, I was getting withdrawal symptoms as couldn’t get onto the forum at all for the last few hours. Thankfully all seems ok now.

Very frustrating I agree. I was half way through typing a post when the gremlins arrived. I've just had to redo the whole post as it had disappeared.🙄

Avril

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,belated best wishes to the birthday and anniversary people over the weekend.Condolences regarding the sad posts I read.Spent 2  days and 1 night in Portsmouth celebrating my OH Marilyn's birthday with the family.The grandkids loved the Spinnaker tower,harbour cruise,Southsea funfair and the new carrier Prince of Wales being towed out for sea trials.Premier Inn and Beefeater very good service and quality,certainly as good as  some so called 4 stars.Breakfast buffet,no covid protocol,but I think that's the norm now.Spent the last 2 nights in Basingstoke with BIL,also PI and BE, again good standard.Cheers,Brian.

It's nice to hear you've had an enjoyable few days away with family bro. That's been a rare pleasure for many  of us these past 18 months.

Sis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

chrome_screenshot_1629926322152.thumb.png.7a24edebedfcd091dfed750baee9944d.png

Morning Josy. I was bought up that way and so were my children, but I never served them food I knew they didn't like. We all have different tastes whatever our age. When my son was a baby and I was weaning him onto to solid food, anything that contained carrot he would spray out all over me, 55 years later he still detests carrots. 

Avril

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Very frustrating I agree. I was half way through typing a post when the gremlins arrived. I've just had to redo the whole post as it had disappeared.🙄

Avril

Hi Avril.

When that happens to me usually I click on the Reply to this topic button and the editor brings my post back up again.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210826_102311_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Avril.

When that happens to me usually I click on the Reply to this topic button and the editor brings my post back up again.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210826_102311_com.android.chrome.jpg

It wasn't that Graham, the whole forum went down for about 2 hours. It happened to Angel too, and there must have been more because I had no notifications of any posts either. I had just hit Submit Reply and everything disappeared. I didn't think anything I'd said to Terrierjohn was so controversial😉

I know how to retrieve a post and when CC came back I tried it and wasn't there. As I said - Gremlins👿

Avril

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It wasn't that Graham, the whole forum went down for about 2 hours. It happened to Angel too, and there must have been more because I had no notifications of any posts either. I had just hit Submit Reply and everything disappeared. I didn't think anything I'd said to Terrierjohn was so controversial😉

I know how to retrieve a post and when CC came back I tried it and wasn't there. As I said - Gremlins👿

Avril

Ok.

I experienced problems the last few days.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

I know this will be deeply upsetting to some, but:

Ice-cream seller whips sleepy Frinton into a frenzy 

Ripple of complaints from residents after sole trader arrives in notoriously stubborn Essex town to ply his wares on the seafront

Frinton on Sea, notoriously snobbish.  Haven't been their for many years, there used to be level crossing gates, maybe still there, if you lived on the other side of the gates, near the green and sea  you were "accepted" also no traders were allowed, through the gates. 

14 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Frinton on Sea, notoriously snobbish.  Haven't been their for many years, there used to be level crossing gates, maybe still there, if you lived on the other side of the gates, near the green and sea  you were "accepted" also no traders were allowed, through the gates. 

That sounds like the American expression "the other side of the tracks".It turned out to be true,in Florida all the poorer peeps lived on that side,2 different worlds.

44 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

The first pub was only allowed to open about 10 years ago.

Frinton is quite trendy now, but still relatively cheap.  Only £60k for a front line beach hut! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

The first pub was only allowed to open about 10 years ago.

Frinton is quite trendy now, but still relatively cheap.  Only £60k for a front line beach hut! 

Now there's an investment opportunity.  Seriously.

Southwold's gone, Aldeburgh's gone, most of north Norfolk's gone, that strip between Felixstowe and West Mersea must be a serious temptation to developers or anyone looking for a holiday home with a potential upside.  Bad news for local youngsters though if it happens.

• Like 1