Post photos of your favorite HAL ships and where you went

scubacruiserx2

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

Here is one from my archives of my first cruise ever.  Mrs Banjo and I were in Alaska.  I think I know the ship, but can anybody Identify her.

ALASKA.jpg

Rotterdam V, Holland America's Grand Dame, she has been converted to a hotel in Rotterdam.

We toured it last year. 

Edited by St Pete Cruiser
Added word
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Rotterdam V, Holland America's Grand Dame, she has been converted to a hotel in Rotterdam.

We toured it last year. 

Thank you, I was sure it was the Rotterdam but didn't know what number.  This was taken in 1990, on our very first cruise.  so 30 years later, we still love cruising and hope we can resume in the not too distant future!  

We’ve only been on 2 HAL ships so far...the Noordam in 2012 and the Westerdam in 2013 and 2017. These pictures are of the Noordam in Half Moon Cay and Westerdam in Kotor, Montenegro.

A2D25CD6-61FD-49FD-924C-90614B5C9971.jpeg

18C640EC-BC15-4B74-88F9-0211EC7FCE1E.jpeg

• Like 5

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 7:24 AM, Cindy said:

We’ve only been on 2 HAL ships so far...the Noordam in 2012 and the Westerdam in 2013 and 2017. These pictures are of the Noordam in Half Moon Cay and Westerdam in Kotor, Montenegro.

Cindy, I love your pictures.  Nice job! :classic_smile:

Having spent just shy of 4 years total (actual days) on HAL ships; probably 85% has been on the Amsterdam.  She is truly our home away from home.  Here she is off Dravuni Island, Fiji this past fall.  Also, off Easter Island this past February on our ill fated world cruise.

Linda R.

ADamDravuniPano.jpg

ADamMoai.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

Having spent just shy of 4 years total (actual days) on HAL ships; probably 85% has been on the Amsterdam.  She is truly our home away from home.  Here she is off Dravuni Island, Fiji this past fall.  Also, off Easter Island this past February on our ill fated world cruise.

Linda R.

ADamDravuniPano.jpg

ADamMoai.jpg

Hi Linda.  Thanks for sharing your pics of the Amsterdam.  Although I am sure you are sad to have left the world cruise in Perth/Fremantle, it really can't be considered "ill fated" as that implies failed or worse.  I hope you enjoyed over 2 months aboard a cruise that only a few will ever experience.

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Hi Linda.  Thanks for sharing your pics of the Amsterdam.  Although I am sure you are sad to have left the world cruise in Perth/Fremantle, it really can't be considered "ill fated" as that implies failed or worse.  I hope you enjoyed over 2 months aboard a cruise that only a few will ever experience.

Well, "failed" is pretty much what happened.  Not that that was the fault of HAL but this darned virus.  At any rate, I did enjoy my time on her; we had much more than 2 months as we actually boarded back last September.  I (we all that were on the cruise) were very happy that we all stayed well throughout at least.

Linda R.