PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

10 hours ago, MamaFej said:

One more thing, and I'm sure Tony and I agree on this: Boo, Yankees!  😜

Hi MamaFej,  Let me start by telling you it’s been raining for 2days in Boston and Friday it may SNOW ❄️ 😡
Now about the Yankees I totally agree with you. 😁 My friend (See Photo) the Patriots #1 fan and I will be watching the game Sunday wish us luck because we’re going to need it. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

DE94EA6D-22A7-4A28-AC4B-A335AAC0CB7D.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

G’day from Brisbane, Australia .... missing cruising so much, was meant to take my parents on a SE Asia Cruise in September 2020 but cancelled early due to COVID-19 (waited 6 months for our refund to be received - long story) hubby and I were meant to do Alaska in September 2020 and PNG January 2021. Guess what happened .... COVID-19, Alaska season cancelled and Princess sold the Sun Princess. Also now Princess has postponed Australian operations till end of May 2021.

Been working from home since beginning of March 2020, our groceries are delivered and limit where we go. I think overall Australia is doing quite well, just need to follow the health directives, social distancing, hand sanitiser/wash your hands, masks and the contact tracing. Lockdown was an experience and feel for those living in Victoria. Hopefully for those who have been in lockdown for sometime now and slowly restrictions are being eased, hoping some type of normality can resume for all.

For us we’re set for an adventure of the outback, as we can travel within Queensland. Trying to turn a negative into a positive and seeing this beautiful country we call home.

Though I have booked Alaska for August 2021 as we have air credits that need to be used. At this stage not even sure if we’ll be able to travel to certain countries. Time will only tell.

Everyone try to stay happy, safe and well and see you soon 🤞 on the high seas.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi MamaFej,  Let me start by telling you it’s been raining for 2days in Boston and Friday it may SNOW ❄️ 😡
Now about the Yankees I totally agree with you. 😁 My friend (See Photo) the Patriots #1 fan and I will be watching the game Sunday wish us luck because we’re going to need it. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

DE94EA6D-22A7-4A28-AC4B-A335AAC0CB7D.jpeg

I have a friend who was born in FL, raised in SoCal, and is both a long-term Dodgers and Bucs fan (remember, we didn't have an NFL team for many years). He was even happier about Brady and Gronk, as he was about Betts.

20 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,  How are things where you are? All I have to say is “ A picture is worth a thousand words” 

The Captain of The Rowboat 

Tony

FD1B16D6-64A6-4419-AF26-FFABFD885A07.jpeg

D1982C2E-D607-4825-824C-BD229F98A59F.jpeg

B2CFE08A-99A9-4189-89FB-5BEA7F9EAC79.jpeg

Wow .... only seen snow once so far in my life!!! Doesn’t snow in Brisbane. Currently it’s HOT HOT HOT and humid 😝. Expecting severe storms sometime today, already had 3 storms this week and it’s not even summer here as yet. 

• Like 1

It was lovely and sunny in the Verde River/Cottonwood/Jerome area of AZ today. We went to a national monument, then to the lovely mining town of Jerome for sight seeing, Christmas shopping, and wine tasting. The sight seeing and small business shopping were lovely, with at least 95% mask compliance. It was about the same at the monument.

The wine tasting? Well, let’s just say that there’s a reason Arizona is not famous for its wines. I think our sons will be very pleased with the hot sauces, salsas, and spice rubs we got them, however. 

B0FFBA71-DB3E-4B07-A8ED-A24EF6B9813C.jpeg

2C63BD34-D4E9-4B67-9967-0E91198D87D7.jpeg

44FD021B-8E6A-42C7-B0C8-AD20D0D12EA8.jpeg

4C9351B6-57BA-48E5-820E-C803529425FC.jpeg

951ADBB2-5E30-44E0-A2A7-46F636E51449.jpeg

BE44D0CE-6CAB-4FB4-88B9-59D6139DD4DF.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Loki S,

How  would you like to come home to this after a cruise in the Caribbean?  See Photos. The first picture is of me behind my snowblower 😳 The girl is a friend of mine trying to go to work in the morning. 
Tony

A8FA2A03-7E10-41B4-8CF6-67C7A2D2B10F.jpeg

... and people choose to live in this?

23 minutes ago, Ferd Berfle said:

... and people choose to live in this?

I can’t begin to tell you how many people love it. I personally don’t like it now. I did as a kid. My friends and I had some great snowball fights , Going down a steep hill in your sled was so much fun. Best of all schools closed for the day. 😁

The only thing I can do now is cruise in the Caribbean in January and February. 😳😁

Tony

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I can’t begin to tell you how many people love it. I personally don’t like it now. I did as a kid. My friends and I had some great snowball fights , Going down a steep hill in your sled was so much fun. Best of all schools closed for the day. 😁

The only thing I can do now is cruise in the Caribbean in January and February. 😳😁

Tony

Great memories!  Growing up in SoCal, I used to build coasters (no tricycle was safe) and head down Joe Scudder's hill - soft sand at the bottom, no snow.

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

907704FD-13CD-48B3-8BB1-99D9B4719211.jpeg

A8FA2A03-7E10-41B4-8CF6-67C7A2D2B10F.jpeg

I would escape to the sun during winter. It would be an experience, the only time I haven’t physically been able to get to work being in the city, was when we had floods back in 2011. The workplace closed down for the week. The floods left a huge mess. If I lived further up north, cyclones would be a concern. 

Majority of the cruises we take would be to the South Pacific during winter as it’s still warm to swim and not cyclone season 😜.

Can’t complain about the weather in Brisbane. As our winters are mild maybe a couple of colder days, to our standards or what we may deem to be cold. Summers can be extremely hot and the humidity can make it worse. Thankfully we have air conditioning in the office and at home. Currently we just need to watch out for flooded roads when it is pouring, so as we say if it’s flooded forget it.

My Auntie was living in Manhattan New York prior to her passing in May 2020 and I would receive frequent photos similar to the above. She loved it when she first moved 30 years ago but believe the novelty wore off, especially when trying to get to work.

Amanda

Edited by Loki S
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Loki S said:

I would escape to the sun during winter. It would be an experience, the only time I haven’t physically been able to get to work being in the city, was when we had floods back in 2011. The workplace closed down for the week. The floods left a huge mess. If I lived further up north, cyclones would be a concern. 

Majority of the cruises we take would be to the South Pacific during winter as it’s still warm to swim and not cyclone season 😜.

Can’t complain about the weather in Brisbane. As our winters are mild maybe a couple of colder days, to our standards or what we may deem to be cold. Summers can be extremely hot and the humidity can make it worse. Thankfully we have air conditioning in the office and at home. Currently we just need to watch out for flooded roads when it is pouring, so as we say if it’s flooded forget it.

My Auntie was living in Manhattan New York prior to her passing in May 2020 and I would receive frequent photos similar to the above. She loved it when she first moved 30 years ago but believe the novelty wore off, especially when trying to get to work.

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

The novelty wore off for me the first time my father told me to shovel the snow off the driveway. 😳😁

Tony

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Amanda,

The novelty wore off for me the first time my father told me to shovel the snow off the driveway. 😳😁

Tony

😀 can appreciate that. Believe that’s similar to why we have someone come mow are lawn. We have a large annoying yard and my husband hates to mow after forced to do their family yard as a teenager. Happy to give a local business some work, in this heat it’s not for me.

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Amanda,

Tony

I remember being a young child, and saying to my grandmother, "You are SO lucky you grew up in Chicago, where you had snow!"

My normally quiet, sweet, demure grandma turned to me with fire in her eyes and said, "You only feel that way because you didn't have to shovel it!" 

That's the only time in the 30 years our lives overlapped thatI ever saw that side of her.

I also grew up in winters with snow having to shovel it, fortunately I have a brother that got stuck doing it more than my sister and I.  I've lived in florida since 1985 and usually go home in summer and early fall.  I went home in the winter a few years ago for four days couldn't wait to go back to Florida I told my mom that no one can die in the winter because I don't want to come back in the winter for a funeral.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

I told my mom that no one can die in the winter because I don't want to come back in the winter for a funeral.

Can totally appreciate this. It was hard enough my Aunt passing away in New York during COVID-19 in May 2020 (didn’t pass away from COVID-19) and us not being able to leave Australia to do what needed to be done. Then carrying out her wishes to come home to Australia. Hard times. Good news, well if you can look at it like that  ...... her ashes are now home. A lot of hard work for this to happen and grateful to all who have helped our family. First time she’s been home in 30 years!!! 

Sorry for the downer post. Things happen when unexpected.

Positive note is that since we can’t leave the country, planning a road trip of outback Queensland, camping and seeing more of the beautiful state we call home. Let the adventure begin .... No snow in any of the places we’ll visit 😜.

Edited by Loki S
  • Like 3

We had very few trick-or-treaters at the RV park last night, but we had a lovely sunset. We set goodies up on a table so kids could help themselves with no contact. 

According to a security guard who came by, they had trick-or-treating in the park the last two weekends with about 50 and 75 participants. My kids only had two children show up. I imagine they have already started enjoying the leftover goodies. 

BCC70BD3-532B-4CBF-9683-A2B3E856F1F1.jpeg

713A3CE3-0E63-4901-BB76-1A23D2E6642F.jpeg

Hi, all . . . really thought our fire season in McCall, Idaho, was done for the year.

This afternoon the West State fire 20 miles south of us broke out on a ski hill at Tamarack Resort.  As of two and a half hours ago, it was reported to be at 50 acres, but still worrisome as it started at five acres and quickly grew to 50.  The wind direction in pleasant weather (which we have been having the last few days) comes from the south or southwest.  They said they will be starting work on it tomorrow and I am hoping they can get it contained.

🔥

16 minutes ago, Lindaru said:

Hi, all . . . really thought our fire season in McCall, Idaho, was done for the year.

This afternoon the West State fire 20 miles south of us broke out on a ski hill at Tamarack Resort.  As of two and a half hours ago, it was reported to be at 50 acres, but still worrisome as it started at five acres and quickly grew to 50.  The wind direction in pleasant weather (which we have been having the last few days) comes from the south or southwest.  They said they will be starting work on it tomorrow and I am hoping they can get it contained.

🔥

Sending positive thoughts as bushfires are very common in Australia, so totally understand where you’re coming from. Hoping we don’t have a bushfire season like we had late last year early this year.

Edited by Loki S
  • Like 3

it's 2020 ... so of course the washing machine takes a 'dump' yesterday - not a problem in itself as it and the dryer are about 13-15 years old ... go online, pick out a nice matching set - 2 FRIGGIN' MONTHS due to COVID-19

call a repairman - actually was able to come out this morning - yep, it's terminal ... 

go back online - finally found a washer unit - basically apartment size, but at least it is available and can be delivered Thursday

I know, I know

but it is just another reminder of how many things we took for granted as always being available ... toilet paper, eat-in restaurants, appliances, trick-or-treat, and CRUISES 🥃

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

• Like 1