Which ships have solo cabins?

We are looking to book a family cruise for next year. My mother-in-law will be going with us and she will most likely be in a cabin by herself. She doesn't want to pay the single supplement if she doesn't have to. I know some of RCI's ships have the solo cabins but I don't know which ones. We might have to plan our itinerary based on the ship with a solo cabin. Are all of these solo cabins interior cabins or do some have an ocean view or better yet, a balcony?

10 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We are looking to book a family cruise for next year. My mother-in-law will be going with us and she will most likely be in a cabin by herself. She doesn't want to pay the single supplement if she doesn't have to. I know some of RCI's ships have the solo cabins but I don't know which ones. We might have to plan our itinerary based on the ship with a solo cabin. Are all of these solo cabins interior cabins or do some have an ocean view or better yet, a balcony?

If you are lucky enough to find one (they sell out quickly and there aren’t many of them) check the pricing. Some times it’s cheaper to pay the single supplement.

ships having them

https://www.google.ca/search?q=royal+caribbean+solo+cabins&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari

Edited by Ourusualbeach

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are lucky enough to find one (they sell out quickly and there aren’t many of them) check the pricing. Some times it’s cheaper to pay the single supplement.

ships having them

https://www.google.ca/search?q=royal+caribbean+solo+cabins&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari

I thought they added a few to some of either Radiance class or Voyager class ships a few years ago. I thought I remember some being added where part of the MDR was taken out? Maybe some on the higher decks where Diamond lounges or Concierge lounges used to be? Does any of this ring a bell?

The Best solo cabins are the Balconies (and there are only 12 in total) and they are on Ovation and Odyssey and perhaps anthem.

I know Anthem has some inside solo where the hallways makes a sharp turn and kinda I the middle of the hallway, but I stayed in one and would not do it again.  Bed is like a camp cottage with a 2 inch mattress not a real Twin thick  mattress.

Headboard is again the wall by door and the adjacent Balcony room has a door 3 feet away and when they slam their door, your headboard will move.  Not good for folks sleeping and the 1am drinkers returned

also the Radiance Class has added a few as well like maybe 4.

Besides the Solo Balconies on RCI, I would stir you toward NCL solos as there are complete inner hallways and not on the lower levels.  They have a nice lounge with snacks and juices and coffee.  RCi needs to do thing on their ICON class if that ever comes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I thought they added a few to some of either Radiance class or Voyager class ships a few years ago. I thought I remember some being added where part of the MDR was taken out? Maybe some on the higher decks where Diamond lounges or Concierge lounges used to be? Does any of this ring a bell?

I do recall some in the dining are.  It wasn’t done on all ships.  I don’t recall any on higher decks.

407773CC-CCBA-4AFC-878C-0FBA3E4B8867.jpeg

6278CEA9-150A-4B85-8042-AEE2D5E38CCF.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The situation with SOLO cabins is similar to those with SOLO rooms in hotels. Its not profitable money wise to keep too many solo rooms/cabins. People usually travel in pairs and even if you are travelling alone the company will not risk losing the revenue. In any case, the price difference isnt that high. Moreover, you might be lucky to get a bigger bed with regular cabins. Its always nicer and more comfortable to enjoy the premises designed for two when you are alone. And you can always bring a friend.. 😄

Well I looked at adventure ots and it only does 4 and 5 days out of Galveston. True I could combine 2 short cruises and have 9 or 10 days, but right now I'm happy with the 9 day jewel I booked for only a wee bit more than the best combination of 2 cruises, which would be april of next year. (Odd you would think like jan or this dec would be the cheapest, not april)

Cruise prices seem to be going up not down. 

Edited by firefly333

They don't appear on the deck plans for the Spectrum but when you go to book and you select a solo balcony you can select rooms like this at the back of several desks. I think that it is because the suites are clustered around their special dining area.

image.png.fc87d4dbd3db2883ef85ee8b080270fd.png

1 hour ago, tomatosauce said:

They don't appear on the deck plans for the Spectrum but when you go to book and you select a solo balcony you can select rooms like this at the back of several desks. I think that it is because the suites are clustered around their special dining area.

image.png.fc87d4dbd3db2883ef85ee8b080270fd.png

Hmmmm............those sure don't look like solo cabins - particularly since they have the symbol for a sofabed in them, if you are referring to the blue cabins.

Yes, the blue cabins are the remaining solo cabins on that deck by doing a mock booking for December out of Hong Kong and specifically selecting a solo cabin. As I said the deck plans don't show them when you just look at the plans without a booking.

The plans within the booking tool use the same visuals but the room definitions in the system that they use for the actual bookings themselves define those rooms to be solo balconies. I think that the rooms may have been converted based on bookings after it was launched.