Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

37 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Lanky Lad I hope the weather change is to your liking. We had a beautiful sunrise this morning and then fog rolled in, but it is clearing fast and we should see a lovely day with temps in the low 80’s. A perfect Seattle summer day.

I am much happier with cool weather, was far too hot last week and we needed som rain so I can't complain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techteach said:

@Tonopah How was dinner?

@techteach The food was good, the company amazing, and dessert (sticky toffee pudding by an actual Yorkshireman) fantastic. After dinner there was a guy playing guitar on the plaza so Mister and I danced a bit before thunder and lightning and rain put a damper on things. Thanks for asking!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tonopah said:

@techteach The food was good, the company amazing, and dessert (sticky toffee pudding by an actual Yorkshireman) fantastic. After dinner there was a guy playing guitar on the plaza so Mister and I danced a bit before thunder and lightning and rain put a damper on things. Thanks for asking!

Send Rain, Thanks. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, techteach said:

@Bigmike911 Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain…Rain drops keep fallin’ on my head…Just Singin’ in the Rain…Rainy days and Mondays always get…Rain, Rain, Go Away, Go to Texas, Rain all day. 🙂

Well you have a point or two. This is Texas and we do every thing in a big way. Parched dry, with wild fires one year. Allison and Harvey with 50 plus inches of rain in three days in other years. An inch or two every week or so, would be much nicer. The Weather Prognosticator says, the heat dome that has been cooking the central US will move east, and we will get on shore gulf air, and this time of year, it often results in afternoon showers. So fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Well you have a point or two. This is Texas and we do every thing in a big way. Parched dry, with wild fires one year. Allison and Harvey with 50 plus inches of rain in three days in other years. An inch or two every week or so, would be much nicer. The Weather Prognosticator says, the heat dome that has been cooking the central US will move east, and we will get on shore gulf air, and this time of year, it often results in afternoon showers. So fingers crossed. 

I hope you get as much rain as you want/need @Bigmike911

On 7/25/2022 at 2:28 PM, Lanky Lad said:

I hope you get as much rain as you want/need @Bigmike911

Rain is apparently no longer to be relied upon.  I expect to soon hear of the Missouri/Southwest Aquaduct project -- which will divert the excess flow from the upper Mississippi watershed to the parched southwest.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:19 PM, techteach said:

@Bigmike911 Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain…Rain drops keep fallin’ on my head…Just Singin’ in the Rain…Rainy days and Mondays always get…Rain, Rain, Go Away, Go to Texas, Rain all day. 🙂

Instead of us getting Rain from Seattle, it would appear that Seattle has received heat from Texas. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tonopah said:

Happy birthday Mr. HH. I hope the rain holds off.

Thank you, we're having champagne in the garden before we go across the road to the pub for steak night.

Not quite QM2 but we're looking forward to Queen Victoria in September.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Just to let you know, Cruise Critic admin have plans to move this thread elsewhere. 

So thanks again for your company and posts here and hope to see you wherever we end up !

Thanks for the heads up HH. I hope they leave a trail of breadcrumbs so we can find our way.

• Like 4

We've not gone yet !

We've just said goodbye to the last of our guests, it was a grey day but the rain held off until about 7pm. We had a nice mix of friends and family and I think MrHH had a good time.

• Like 1

@Host Hattie Your post is exactly what I love about this thread. l don’t/won’t use the big online social media site that starts with an “F.” This is where I connect with people who I hope to meet some day. I have seriously thought about asking to rent your vacations house. If I saw @Lanky Lad on the street I would recognize him, if he looks like his picture :), and start a conversation. This thread is always positive. Cruise Critic, let us stay!

• Like 2

Maybe simply retitle the thread to something timeless.  "Cunard cruisers - what are your thoughts on the dress code?"  

Here are my thoughts on the dress code - Maine summer is in full swing.  Here at our house the vegetable and flower gardens look beautiful.  The deluge of kale is about to begin, and I don't understand why Mister ALC plants so many turnips but those are due soon, too.  For some reason the melons didn't pollinate this year, very sad.  The perennials continue to amaze - all that energy stored in the soil over the winter that explodes into luxurious growth in the spring and summer, looking so beautiful.  We have a trip to Germany planned in October, mostly driving.  Lobster prices are high, covid cases are low.  Life is good here in Midcoast Maine.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2