Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

We've got a 2022 cruise booked at last ! After a false start in Sunday when cabins showed available and disappeared again we're booked on Queen Victoria to the Med at the end of September. I'm so looking forward to it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

We've got a 2022 cruise booked at last ! After a false start in Sunday when cabins showed available and disappeared again we're booked on Queen Victoria to the Med at the end of September. I'm so looking forward to it.

Well done getting that one booked! Not seeing any availability for that one now on the Cunard website or travel agent websites.

• Like 1

I know, I really wasn't very optimistic when the agent I spoke to on Monday said she'd keep an eye out for a cabin. I had to move our QM2 cruise to next year when I wasn't allowed to take the time off work, I wasn't taking that risk again !

Started feeling like I had a cold last night. After we got home from our cruise this morning I crawled into bed, completely miserable. Home tested and yes, I have the Dread Disease. Mister is testing now, just in case. Well, at least it held off until we were finished with our party weekend. There was zero masking or social distancing on the ship so it’s not a surprise. I hope I was just the recipient and didn’t share with anyone.

ETA: Mister’s test is negative…for now.

Edited by Tonopah
Added
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tonopah said:

Started feeling like I had a cold last night. After we got home from our cruise this morning I crawled into bed, completely miserable. Home tested and yes, I have the Dread Disease. Mister is testing now, just in case. Well, at least it held off until we were finished with our party weekend. There was zero masking or social distancing on the ship so it’s not a surprise. I hope I was just the recipient and didn’t share with anyone.

ETA: Mister’s test is negative…for now.

No, sorry to hear it!  Hope you have a quick recovery.

We're back in Cyprus for the first time since 2019 after having our Villa holiday cancelled repeatedly over Covid. It's very nice to be uncomfortably hot when you have a cool swimming pool at the end of your sunbed. The pool had the added bonus of hydrotherapy recuperation on the broken pelvis, my right leg is feeling stronger every day

IMG_1744.thumb.jpg.1cec07ea70ccf481d98d0195868ee21e.jpg

• Like 4

That looks very inviting @rakkor, where in Cyprus are you ?

This week is shaping up like the last few, beautiful sunny weather during the week, cooler and wet for the weekend. We're going to Pembrokeshire anyway as we need to take some things but it's booked up for the summer.

There was much excitement in Pembroke Dock yesterday as an actual cruise ship docked!

FB_IMG_1655915058173.jpg

• Like 3

we're on a two villa holiday. We received an a email from the holiday company informing us of a late cancellation, so, being off work and the cancellation butting up against our existing booking we decided it was too good to miss and we're here for a month. Firstly at Filip, which is beyond Coral Bay near Agios Georgios. Next up is Katerina near Yeriskipou on the 2nd July. So either side of Paphos.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rakkor said:

We're back in Cyprus for the first time since 2019 after having our Villa holiday cancelled repeatedly over Covid. It's very nice to be uncomfortably hot when you have a cool swimming pool at the end of your sunbed. The pool had the added bonus of hydrotherapy recuperation on the broken pelvis, my right leg is feeling stronger every day

IMG_1744.thumb.jpg.1cec07ea70ccf481d98d0195868ee21e.jpg

There is nothing like a warm pool to help loosen up old joints. Mine is 90f on the surface, a bit cooler a foot lower, but floating doing my deep water aerobics has done my gimpy knee a world of good. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

That looks very inviting @rakkor, where in Cyprus are you ?

This week is shaping up like the last few, beautiful sunny weather during the week, cooler and wet for the weekend. We're going to Pembrokeshire anyway as we need to take some things but it's booked up for the summer.

There was much excitement in Pembroke Dock yesterday as an actual cruise ship docked!

FB_IMG_1655915058173.jpg

Ah, very good. I had a bit of difficulty at first making out the name on the stern. It's Silver Wind on what looks like a very interesting 18 night "British Isles" cruise from Lisbon to Reykjavik. Yesterday, Pembroke. Today, the Isle of Iona which I understand was the inspiration for the name of the new P&O ship.

Thanks for the chance to do some ship identification once again. I do miss the "Where in the World?" thread.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Ah, very good. I had a bit of difficulty at first making out the name on the stern. It's Silver Wind on what looks like a very interesting 18 night "British Isles" cruise from Lisbon to Reykjavik. Yesterday, Pembroke. Today, the Isle of Iona which I understand was the inspiration for the name of the new P&O ship.

Thanks for the chance to do some ship identification once again. I do miss the "Where in the World?" thread.

Sorry, I could have made it easier by posting this one !

FB_IMG_1655915033181.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone seen the Cunard advert on TV?  The words and vocals are taken from "Any Dream You Wanted" by Alan Watts, with accompanying visuals of the QM2 and scenery.

I wonder I wonder what you would do

if you had the power to dream any dream you wanted to dream

You would  I suppose start out by fulfilling all your wishes,

love affairs, banquets, wonderful journeys

And after you've done that for some time,

you'd forget that you were dreaming

CUNARD

The Fine Line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ray66 said:

Has anyone seen the Cunard advert on TV?  The words and vocals are taken from "Any Dream You Wanted" by Alan Watts, with accompanying visuals of the QM2 and scenery.

CUNARD

The Fine Line

Thanks, I have seen it and wondered where it was from.

7 hours ago, Ray66 said:

CUNARD

The Fine Line

I haven't seen the advertisement here in the US. Perhaps it's just airing in the UK or I haven't been watching the right channels here.

Is the advert the same as this video Cunard produced in September 2019? I think they originally produced this as a cinema advert shown in conjunction with the first Downton Abbey movie.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

I can't open your links but I just found it on the internet. I've seen it on Channel 5 4 or 5 times today.  https://www.bubbletv.co.uk/cunard-dreams

The ending is slighlty different in that it doesn't name the 3 Queens and just ends with

Cunard

The  Fine Line.

Oh, sorry about that. Not sure what's going wrong for you with the link I posted. It's a link to a tweet from Cunard that includes the video. But no worries. The video is the same as the one you posted.

Hello from Central FL.

This summer we are busy with work and the travel which comes with work (thank goodness).

We are also planning a few fun summer trips.

We will be taking a cruise with my in-laws on the cruise line owned by a famous mouse. That should be interesting... I am certainly looking forward to seeing my young nieces enjoy it all. I must admit, I have not been very impressed with some of the pre-planning with the mouse's cruise line, though. They run their reservation system for excursions and on-board activities in a very high-stakes competitive way... and that is tough when kids are involved who are dreaming of their time on board. I was also less than pleased with the online check in process... very glitchy and stressful. I'm sure the onboard experience will be better.

Then, we are planning a US National Parks trip for just us later in the summer. We will be flying out West and then doing a big road trip to hit some of the National Parks we have not been to yet or want to see more in depth (Great Sand Dunes, Black Canyon Of The Gunnison, Rocky Mountain, Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forrest, Mesa Verde, and Carlsbad Canyons)

It will be a grand adventure! Can't wait!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naturelovergirl said:

Hello from Central FL.

This summer we are busy with work and the travel which comes with work (thank goodness).

We are also planning a few fun summer trips.

We will be taking a cruise with my in-laws on the cruise line owned by a famous mouse. That should be interesting... I am certainly looking forward to seeing my young nieces enjoy it all. I must admit, I have not been very impressed with some of the pre-planning with the mouse's cruise line, though. They run their reservation system for excursions and on-board activities in a very high-stakes competitive way... and that is tough when kids are involved who are dreaming of their time on board. I was also less than pleased with the online check in process... very glitchy and stressful. I'm sure the onboard experience will be better.

Then, we are planning a US National Parks trip for just us later in the summer. We will be flying out West and then doing a big road trip to hit some of the National Parks we have not been to yet or want to see more in depth (Great Sand Dunes, Black Canyon Of The Gunnison, Rocky Mountain, Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forrest, Mesa Verde, and Carlsbad Canyons)

It will be a grand adventure! Can't wait!

Are you old enough for the senior pass for the national parks?  It saved us a bundle a few years ago.  Only place it didn’t work was Gettysburg.  Also, if one do you is former military, you get free entry.  EM

• Like 1