The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

8 hours ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

Watching the Scottish Open and just saw a familiar ship shape passing off the coast…checked Cruise Mapper and sure enough it was Viking Neptune! 😁🥂

Saw her as well. Neptune and Saturn were both in the Firth. Neptune bound for Invergordon, Saturn for Kirkwall. 🍺🥌

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2024 at 9:38 PM, OneSixtyToOne said:

Never seen this before. You need to provide payment information when you book the excursions and the MVJ shopping cart is separate from the cruise fare balance, so I would hope there is no issue.

So here's what happened with that.

We chose our excursions, which took forever because the website kept crashing.  All were confirmed.  But the next day we received a new invoice for the PIF and the excursions.  Even though we were paying through ACH at each checkout, it was never processed, but the excursions were still confirmed at ACH cost.

We'll sort it out at PIF.  But just a heads-up for others who might have the same experience.  

A question for those who have booked their flights through Viking Air since the recent change regarding when your air itinerary is posted in MVJ, which is now 150 days before departure. Per the previous policy you didn't receive an email with your flight itinerary until 90 days out and the tickets were then issued around 70 days out. With the new 150 day policy can I assume that the tickets are still not actually issued until 70 days before departure (unless you make a big stink to get it done earlier)? Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Two thoughts in response. First, perhaps the question should be posed directly to Viking; it's their policy. Second thought, it deserves its own thread. It is a good question and deserves not to be hidden here.

OK. I'll do a chat with them tomorrow. Report back here & atart a thread regarding same. Btw - per the FAQs the 150 day policy has been extended to all Viking cruises Inc expedition. Checked the other day.  

Edited by CharTrav

With booking first/business class flights...and knowing how limited those seats can become...I gave up and paid the extra for Air Plus just to get it ticketed early.  Happy we did, as the seats indeed were going fast for our January Orlando to Sydney flight.  

9 hours ago, CharTrav said:

OK. I'll do a chat with them tomorrow. Report back here & atart a thread regarding same. Btw - per the FAQs the 150 day policy has been extended to all Viking cruises Inc expedition. Checked the other day.  

Thanks for bring up this topic . My cruise is not till 2026, booked in 2023. I did book Viking air and included the upgrade to Viking air plus, thinking I could always cancel if I find lower price on my own to be able to control my  flights times, departure cities , and layover times.

curious about the new rules for Viking Air and actual ticketing flights sooner than 70 days out.

Look forward to what to  the new thread on this topic, CharTrav. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Azulann said:

Thanks for bring up this topic . My cruise is not till 2026, booked in 2023. I did book Viking air and included the upgrade to Viking air plus, thinking I could always cancel if I find lower price on my own to be able to control my  flights times, departure cities , and layover times.

curious about the new rules for Viking Air and actual ticketing flights sooner than 70 days out.

Look forward to what to  the new thread on this topic, CharTrav. 

Forgot to do it today and it's too late for live chat. Will try tomorrow or Tuesday. Someday we'll meet again I remember you from Viking Homelands in 2016 on the Star. 😁

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Forgot to do it today and it's too late for live chat. Will try tomorrow or Tuesday. Someday we'll meet again I remember you from Viking Homelands in 2016 on the Star. 😁

Answer is still 70 days for ticket issuance. Just checked with Live Chat in MVJ. LiveChat agents on the main VO site are either on holiday or they really are overwhelmed. Will start a new topic on this.