Has anybody received cancellation notices for Serenade June 21 and June 28 Alaska sailings our of Vancouver

gold

Is the May 15 Adventure cruise originally to NE/Canada also on that list? Oddly, RC still is showing availability to book it direct on their site. My speculation is that they may keep that cruise with a Bermuda itinerary, or the just don't know right now given the complication that Cape Liberty is totally in question as a departure port anytime soon. 

5 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Is the May 15 Adventure cruise originally to NE/Canada also on that list? Oddly, RC still is showing availability to book it direct on their site. My speculation is that they may keep that cruise with a Bermuda itinerary, or the just don't know right now given the complication that Cape Liberty is totally in question as a departure port anytime soon. 

That one should not be available to book yet oddly enough it is.  I would guess that they will catch this in the next few days. 

Those are on the list of sailings cancelled and are unavailable to book on the travel agents site.  Not sure why you would have to fight with them 

Fighting with the airline not RCL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My May 25 New England/Canada is also still available to book and I have not received an email.  Hopefully this is an oversight I will be able to request refund soon because it seems very clear in yesterday's announcement that Canada/New England is suspended.  I emailed my TA last night but have not yet heard back.

1 hour ago, eatplayvacay said:

My May 25 New England/Canada is also still available to book and I have not received an email.  Hopefully this is an oversight I will be able to request refund soon because it seems very clear in yesterday's announcement that Canada/New England is suspended.  I emailed my TA last night but have not yet heard back.

They could possibly alter the itinerary and send you to Bermuda;... Empress of the Seas is a small enough ship that it can dock at both Hamilton and St. George. My preference over Royal Dockyard any day; I'd take that change of itinerary in a heartbeat! 😉 

11 minutes ago, patrioticgirl said:

They could possibly alter the itinerary and send you to Bermuda;... Empress of the Seas is a small enough ship that it can dock at both Hamilton and St. George. My preference over Royal Dockyard any day; I'd take that change of itinerary in a heartbeat! 😉 

i am also booked on the may 25th empress sailing out of cape liberty.     Like you said, I will gladly take an itinerary change to Hamilton and St. George.   Bermuda is one of our favorite islands and love when able to dock right in Hamilton as I have done several times.    I'm holding onto this cruise booking and hope this is what they will do.   For now, let's do whatever we can to stop the spread of this virus and keep everyone healthy!    Stay Well!

• Like 1

Not to be a Debbie Downer but Bermuda is reporting covid19 cases so not sure how quickly they will be welcoming cruise ship passengers. If Canada has pushed this out until July would not be surprised if Bermuda took the same precautions.

As an afterthought would CoCo Cay qualify as a foreign port of call re: the Jones(?) Act?

I'm booked on the June 4th Canada/NE cruise on the Adventure leaving from Cape Liberty and this cruise also is still available to book so I'm not sure what they are doing with any of these northeast Canada cruises. I guess it is still a waiting game for us

1 hour ago, cruznurse said:

I'm booked on the June 4th Canada/NE cruise on the Adventure leaving from Cape Liberty and this cruise also is still available to book so I'm not sure what they are doing with any of these northeast Canada cruises. I guess it is still a waiting game for us

Pretty sure that's a no go also:

Because of announced port closures, we expect to return to service for Alaska, Canada and New England sailings July 1, 2020.

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Because of announced port closures, we expect to return to service for Alaska, Canada and New England sailings July 1, 2020.

We are booked on the 6/12 Empress sailing from Montreal.  I'm well aware of what the cruise contract says about changing ports, but I think this is a totally different situation and I'm not interested in another itinerary that doesn't even closely resemble what I booked, so I want a refund.  It might be a moot point because my husband's doctor will not sign the required medical form.  

Besides, I don't think any ships will sail before sometime in the fall - and that might even be optimistic.

4 hours ago, patrioticgirl said:

They could possibly alter the itinerary and send you to Bermuda;

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I will gladly take an itinerary change to Hamilton and St. George.

Not happening, travel ban in place since Mar 20

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus

3 hours ago, zebra36 said:

As an afterthought would CoCo Cay qualify as a foreign port of call re: the Jones(?) Act?

Yes, however Bahamas has a travel ban

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bahamas-ministry-of-tourism--aviations-update-on-covid-19-301029227.html

There was a discussion here on CC (I forget which thread) of workers being removed from Cococay a couple of days ago

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I agree I do not think it will ...but will be cancelled. The question for all of us with Canada/NE sailings is why are they still  taking bookings for this itinerary if they are going to cancel or plan to reroute to a potential open port   

4 minutes ago, cruznurse said:

I agree I do not think it will ...but will be cancelled. The question for all of us with Canada/NE sailings is why are they still  taking bookings for this itinerary if they are going to cancel or plan to reroute to a potential open port   

So RCL can have your money and in their books

• Like 2

To get back to the OP's question about Serenade and Alaska ... we are booked on the June 14 departure from Vancouver.  On the same Friday (two weeks ago from tomorrow) that most of the major cruiselines cancelled cruises for 30 days, Canada also closed its ports until July 1.  Those two announcements happened within a couple of hours of each other.

On the Monday afterwards (March 16), I emailed our TA and said I knew she was probably busy trying to handle the 30-day cancelled cruisers.  She told me to check back with her in two weeks, which would be early next week (March 30, 31).  I told her at the time that I didn't want to cancel anything yet.  I'll report back on what I find out from her.  

We have an aft cabin, so I'll be extra disappointed if this doesn't happen.  😞   Still keeping my fingers crossed.  

8 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

To get back to the OP's question about Serenade and Alaska ... we are booked on the June 14 departure from Vancouver.  On the same Friday (two weeks ago from tomorrow) that most of the major cruiselines cancelled cruises for 30 days, Canada also closed its ports until July 1.  Those two announcements happened within a couple of hours of each other.

On the Monday afterwards (March 16), I emailed our TA and said I knew she was probably busy trying to handle the 30-day cancelled cruisers.  She told me to check back with her in two weeks, which would be early next week (March 30, 31).  I told her at the time that I didn't want to cancel anything yet.  I'll report back on what I find out from her.  

We have an aft cabin, so I'll be extra disappointed if this doesn't happen.  😞   Still keeping my fingers crossed.  

We had an aft cabin on Radiance July 31st, corner aft on deck 9, coveted cabin 9256. WE canceled for other reasons before all this started on February 20th. Kind of bummed about it back then, but not so bummed now since it's probably not going to sail anyway now. Rebooked a Canada/New England cruise in place of it for  end of September. That probably not going to happen either.

We did book another Alaska cruise though, this time on  Sapphire Princess , end of September 2021, in a nice large aft Suite.  So we do have that to look forward to.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:06 PM, mek said:

We are booked on the 6/12 Empress sailing from Montreal.  I'm well aware of what the cruise contract says about changing ports, but I think this is a totally different situation and I'm not interested in another itinerary that doesn't even closely resemble what I booked, so I want a refund.  It might be a moot point because my husband's doctor will not sign the required medical form.  

Besides, I don't think any ships will sail before sometime in the fall - and that might even be optimistic.

I just received an e-mail from my TA that came from Royal and was offered a 125% OBC or a full refund.  I took the refund.

14 hours ago, mek said:

I just received an e-mail from my TA that came from Royal and was offered a 125% OBC or a full refund.  I took the refund.

Correction - I was offered a 125% FCC.

This explains why many of the Canada / New England cruises are still showing up.  Not sure how they will adjust the itineraries to make them PVSA compliant. 

At Royal Caribbean International, we maintain our unwavering commitment to ensure the health and safety of our guests, crew, and surrounding communities. The decision was made on March 13, 2020 to voluntarily globally suspend our sailings, and our goal is to resume operations on May 12, 2020. For our Singapore departures on June 1, 2020, our Alaska sailings on July 1, 2020 and for sailings originating or ending in Canada on July 1, 2020.

Still waiting for RCI to make a decision on my June 11th Grandeur nine night NE/Canada cruise.  Still showing up as current... and still taking reservations! 😮   Most frustrating for all of us on these Canada involved cruises ....keeping us in the dark when they know they can't go there until at least after 7/1.  😞 

• Like 1

Has anybody received cancellation notices for Serenade June 21 and June 28 Alaska sailings our of Vancouver

I haven't even received a cancellation notice for my May 31 Serenade from Vancouver to Alaska!!  I'm sure it is cancelled though.