Transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to port of Miami

Hi folks, I apologize as I am sure that this has been covered already.  Looking ahead, we are going into FLL one day early & staying in a hotel.  What is my best form of transportation from my hotel, to the Port of MIami, the morning of the cruise?  It appears that a Taxi or UBER are NOT the best prices.  Thank you

You BEST bet would have been to Uber to your hotel in Miami and then taken the free (or low cost) hotel shuttle to the port.

However, Since you're doing it this way, Uber is still going to be less expensive than a taxi or a limo. You could jump on your roll call and see if others are staying near you and maybe share a shuttle.

• Like 1

If you are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale, you might consider renting a car, perhaps Hertz, from there to downtown Miami.  Hertz has an office (229 Southeast 2nd Street Miami-less than 3 miles to port) and they will shuttle you to the port.  In the meantime, you would have the car for transportation between and around the two cities.

Edited by gadaboutgal

We also use Uber.  The price varies depending on surge pricing, but it usually cost us about $38.  Keep in mind that is the total cost for a vehicle which will take you from you directly from your hotel to the proper pier with no waiting for other passengers, no waiting for other pick up spots, and no waiting while others are dropped at other piers at the port.   Another nice advantage is you summon Uber on your own schedule rather then having to crowd into some shared shuttle service at a designated time.

Hank

12 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

We always use SAS, they will pick us up at the hotel and take us to the port. Yes, they may make other stops along the way but we don't mind talking to others.

thank you

On 4/1/2020 at 8:44 PM, Beagle Rancher said:

We used SAS transportation and were very pleased. Very professional and $15 a person each way

Absolutely ! SAS Transportation was THE best, economical and most reliable way. We used them as well.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:41 PM, 3red7s said:

Hi folks, I apologize as I am sure that this has been covered already.  Looking ahead, we are going into FLL one day early & staying in a hotel.  What is my best form of transportation from my hotel, to the Port of MIami, the morning of the cruise?  It appears that a Taxi or UBER are NOT the best prices.  Thank you

We did this last summer. We stayed at the Marriott in Hollywood Beach and took an Uber to the POM the morning of our cruise.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:41 PM, davy jones said:

If your hotel is in FLL, use SAS or a similar service to MIA pier.

Just for info purposes, we used S&S trans and they were great. But, our flight came in after 3 PM and the charge went to $75. This was about two years ago, so I don't know if the policy has changed. Check on their website.