Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Ibuprofen and Aleve are harder on the kidneys, and Tylenol is harder on your liver.  

Thanks for clarifying.

23 minutes ago, George C said:

If Marijuana is legal in your area , I hear it is a great pain reliever, so I have heard 😁

Ha funny  you mentioned that. A friend of mine gave me a gummy bear and it did help. In an effort to be transparent, I did apply and got a doctors approval. The application has been sent to the state where I have registered and paid my fee. I now wait for approval and my card. Hello gummy bears.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yes, I was posting you.  That is terrible and I find Tylenol is good for nothing. I hope you find some relief soon.  Is there anything stronger you are allowed to take?

No,I have been taking 2000 mg of tylenol every day since January 2020.Yesterday and today I took 3000.

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Will Smith just resigned from the Academy. Not sure if it was said on here all ready or not.

Just saw that too. He needed to do that because the Academy was probably going to do it to him anyway. Good riddance.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. Now off pain meds Doctor says to take Tylenol for leg and knee pain. No help at all.

I have no choice .Occasionally I can take Advil but that never helps.I take time released tylenol as well as tylenol for arthritis.

When I wake up in the morning and it has been like this since January 2020,I am in great pain.Twenty minutes later I can function somewhat after taking Tylenol.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sue, it looks like quite a memorable trip;  how lovely to see the Expo!

Congratulations on your expected new grandbaby , who will be arriving this Fall!

Wow, I just remember the shot hurting, and then of course, my arm bothering me while I tried to sleep..I'm a side sleeper.

By booster, are you talking about a second Covid booster?

Hopefully she will be okay.  A dear friend of mine had MRSA years ago.  She is fine.  It is scary, though.

I can only sleep on my back .

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Good Afternoon from sunny Bonaire. 

Lenny, hope you feel better soon. Sue, loving your Dubai pictures. John, hope your relative gets well soon. Debbie we ate at West Deck in Aruba yesterday and it was amazing as always. I had a Keshi Yena and remembered Andrew (raisins!). For my main entree I had the fillet of snapper in Creole sauce and hubby had spicy shrimp in jerk sauce. We walked back to the ship. 

Greg, omg....I saw two Pappy Winkles of some vintage in a store in Aruba and thought about you.....I said how much and store owner laughed at me, and said this is not your thing!!!! My dh choked laughing. I said asking for a friend (which was the absolute truth) At which they laughed even more that of all the light weights, Iiiii was asking!!!! But if Aruba is on your itinerary this is one store that has it all. I can email you the store details if you like.

Prayers and well wishes for all who requested. Bon voyages to all who are getting ready to cruise.

Mimi, how are you. I would love to hear all about your cruise.

Dani hugs to you. Your family looks lovely. Marietta hope you are 👍

Tomorrow we will be in Curacao. 

Thanks,Arzeena

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

My DH couldn't for the life on him remember he had chicken pox [I have a small scar, so I "remember"].

Then, it came biting him in the a$$ [not literally...], 10 days before an year and a half awaited cruise to Vietnam... He was in great pain.

My good friend had polio in the early 50. She walks with a very slight limp. It came back in force in her sixties. Sheer bad luck.

When I was in my '50's, my dr wanted to give me the shingle shot;  I told him I'd never had the chicken pox, so no need.  Lo and and behold, I had a bad case of the shingles just days before our trip to Boston.  It was awful!  I was put on several medications, besides the small tube of medicine that cost over $100.  My older sister said I was very small when I'd had the chicken pox.  She and my brother both have the mark from the pox, but I don't.

My friend's sister had polio as a child and walks with a cane and wears a leg brace.  How awful that your friends polio came back in her sixties.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

When I was in my '50's, my dr wanted to give me the shingle shot;  I told him I'd never had the chicken pox, so no need.  Lo and and behold, I had a bad case of the shingles just days before our trip to Boston.  It was awful!  I was put on several medications, besides the small tube of medicine that cost over $100.  My older sister said I was very small when I'd had the chicken pox.  She and my brother both have the mark from the pox, but I don't.

My friend's sister had polio as a child and walks with a cane and wears a leg brace.  How awful that your friends polio came back in her sixties.

I have a friend who also had polio as a child.She limps and walks with a cane.

On 3/30/2022 at 11:17 AM, dani negreanu said:

Most of ours in my city are because someone felt disrespected. Really!

If and when they are found by the police and arrested, that’s their reasoning. 
It’s still less frightening, though, than thinking you’re surrounded by people who support an irrational terrorist group. 
I don’t think any country is complete safe from those, though, whether domestic or foreign. 
We just need to try to influence others to work for good, not evil. 
Not an easy task!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 11:54 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Make sure that you replenish with wine that's the appropriate blood type.

Pin on Letterboard Inspiration For Wine Lovers

But it's better than the alternative.

While we are on this cruise, I am missing the funerals of not one, but two friends. 
Vickie was in her 60’s, and woke up with a massive headache. She was admitted to the hospital, diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage and two days later she was gone. 
Fran played Bunco at my house in February. She said her back hurt and she’d go to an orthopedist as soon as she got back from out of town to see her new grandbaby. 
Came home, was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, went into the hospital, where they were going to give her one dose of radiation to ease the pain. She went downhill too fast. Originally she was given four months. She was moved to hospice after four days in the hospital and died Friday. She was 71. 
Vickie and Fran were both models in our women’s club fashion show in February. 
Next time I whine about something hurting, I’m going to smack myself. 

• Like 23

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have no choice .Occasionally I can take Advil but that never helps.I take time released tylenol as well as tylenol for arthritis.

When I wake up in the morning and it has been like this since January 2020,I am in great pain.Twenty minutes later I can function somewhat after taking Tylenol.

I’ve taken the Tylenol for arthritis and had success. I feel really bad for you going through this pain. I wish you well and hopefully find some relief.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2022 at 1:04 PM, John&LaLa said:

Reminds me of our waiter at Wonderland 😡

Or the servers at Durgin Park restaurant in Boston who laid down the rules and you followed them or went hungry. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve taken the Tylenol for arthritis and had success. I feel really bad for you going through this pain. I wish you well and hopefully find some relief.

I have taken heavy duty pain medications but the side effects are horrific.Therefore,it is just tylenol and I have frequent blood tests to check to see if my liver is affected.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

While we are on this cruise, I am missing the funerals of not one, but two friends. 
Vickie was in her 60’s, and woke up with a massive headache. She was admitted to the hospital, diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage and two days later she was gone. 
Fran played Bunco at my house in February. She said her back hurt and she’d go to an orthopedist as soon as she got back from out of town to see her new grandbaby. 
Came home, was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, went into the hospital, where they were going to give her one dose of radiation to ease the pain. She went downhill too fast. Originally she was given four months. She was moved to hospice after four days in the hospital and died Friday. She was 71. 

Sorry for the loss of your friends.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Mimi I am so sorry for your loss! I know the pain. My thoughts are with you in your time of need.

• Like 3

Just found this thread.
Just happy to be happy about something like cruising again. These past two years have been horrible for us. The family losses from Covid and nonCovid have been devastating. We lost an entire generation, in only one year - 2 from Covid and then the unthinkable - one of our adult children. It makes you appreciate what you have left and to never take anything for granted. Do your best in life, call your parents, aunts and uncles and other family often. Hug your children every day. 

• Like 17

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not better.I do not know if you were posting this to me.I have a really bad headache ,a sensation of my body burning up and horrifific pain in my legs.Last night we nearly called 911.According to the Internet this can last for 3 days.I have been taking Tylenol.I never had pain like this before.

So sorry you're in so much pain.  In your earlier post you wrote that you feel better.  Sorry that didn't seem to last. Hope you get relief soon.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

One day a week we're allowed to through out junk in a designated place for the municipality to gather.

For DH those are the days he goes "junk-hunting" in the neighborhood .... A couple of years ago he found what was once upon a time a table, missing its top, only the 4 legs. It was left on our back balcony, waiting its "opportunity".

Lately, DS1 discovered it, and asked to be turned into a chess table... Sure enough, DH painted the legs gold with just a touch of "copper-like" brushes, and hunted again, in the designated days, for an adequate top.... Alas, after some fruitless weeks, he gave up and just bought a piece of wood, to be tailored as a chess top. Painted it gold, and then painstakingly engraved the game into the top.

Told him next time he's doing this kind of "restoration", he should take pics of "before" and "after". This time, you'll have to believe me...

20220401_205525.thumb.jpg.7ef2d0d5ef1c08c0630937cb294b7421.jpg

IMG_8565.thumb.jpg.67e242ac54e1423fb30fd15618c5002a.jpg

Dani, is there anything that man can't do?  He does amazing work and cooks too!

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Ibuprofen and Aleve are harder on the kidneys, and Tylenol is harder on your liver.  

Exactly!  I can only take Tylenol because of a kidney issue.  Luckily, I don't need it often.

26 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Or the servers at Durgin Park restaurant in Boston who laid down the rules and you followed them or went hungry. 

When we were there many years ago, a waitress shouted at our friend "get your a$$ out of my way".  We couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1