Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We were having a problem lately .We had leaks from both of our toilets .A neighbor recommended the plumber that she uses.We called him yesterday at 9 AM.He said he could come last night which would have been fine.However,he came at 2PM .An hour later he fixed the problem.I called the water company today to tell them about the problem ,that it was repaired and I have a statement from the plumber that I would like to present to the company to avoid being billed for water not used.Much to my surprise the woman that I spoke to said that will not be necessary .She made a notation on my account.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Had my first ever full body skin cancer check yesterday, found 3 small places(1 above my eye, 2 on my cheek.) on my face of  actinic keratosis. Doctor zapped them right during the appointment. Other then that he said everything looked good.

My Wife was insisting I go for the check up since I'm outside a lot, she has had a few issues recently and I guess she was worried about me too.

Feel a lot better everything is fine.

That's Great!    I have been going to dermatologist once or twice a year for about 5 yrs since I have been a sun worshipper my whole life.   I was last there end of May for follow up on my Mohs procedure under my eye.   He was very pleased with everything.   He scraped a spot on my leg but it wasn't anything, per lab.   Better safe than sorry.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@LuckynanaMaryan 

I hardly remember Rory.  I think I started to post near the end of his tenure on CC. Or maybe I didn't post on the threads he frequented.   I do remember lots of monopoly time. 😉

What I remember are his posts about working with local police and setting up motorcycle practice drills. I didn't understand most if it so I usually just skimmed those posts.

He also had several gun safes. Again, just skimmed.

His wife had a hot-hot government (I think) job.

I may mis-remember. It's been a while. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been awhile since I posted a Charlie Lizzy update. It's taken me awhile to capture enough video as they love to chase butterflies. They have been good and bad. Charlie is obsessed with chewing on the couch. Thank goodness it's old but we are having a hard time keeping him away from it. I must apologize that this video hows how pathetic my fenced in area of my back yard is. We have hard clay and Maggie and Penny destroyed most of the grass. I've tried to grow grass back there but it has been difficult. So enjoy the video but know I'm trying to make the back yard better.

Adorable.   How old are they now?   

No worries about yard, I'm kinda jealous you don't have much to mow😃

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's Great!    I have been going to dermatologist once or twice a year for about 5 yrs since I have been a sun worshipper my whole life.   I was last there end of May for follow up on my Mohs procedure under my eye.   He was very pleased with everything.   He scraped a spot on my leg but it wasn't anything, per lab.   Better safe than sorry.

Surgeon left a message on my machine on Friday saying the pathology report was in

and he got all the Melanoma cancer from my arm last month.  Scar is sexy.  (not)

• Like 15

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh nooooo. I hate that builders in this area put water heaters in our attics. I have our plumber inspect ours every year or two because I'm so paranoid about that. The next time we replace it, I am hoping to go tankless so I won't have to constantly worry about it. 

Makes me very happy that our hot water is in our basement.   When we had to replace it April 2020 I only had to mop some water on tile floor.  It was around 18 yrs old.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Agree, puppies over grass any day. When I had my dog I never fertilized the grass. Zero chemicals went into the yard as long as she was here. I was afraid that they would hurt her.

Same here with our cats.   I only put weed n feed on front yard and sides, nothing in the backyard where fenced.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Makes me very happy that our hot water is in our basement.   When we had to replace it April 2020 I only had to mop some water on tile floor.  It was around 18 yrs old.

FWIW, almost every unit in our old condo had a hot water heater above them. 😉

And yes, there were potential flooding issues

It is what it is

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@LuckynanaMaryann, I'm so glad Jim's scare was well taken care of.  As others stated, it was lucky your nephew acted fast to get him the care he needed.

On TX water heaters, ours was in the garage.  I agree it doesn't make sense to have them upstairs in an attic.  

I hardly remember Rory.  I think I started to post near the end of his tenure on CC. Or maybe I didn't post on the threads he frequented.   I do remember lots of monopoly time. 😉

Yes he played monopoly a lot😁

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The blue house John had posted photos of last week with pool and fire pit was Rorys newly constructed home.    Come on Jim you gotta keep up🤣

Guess I got my eggs confused...........thought that egg in John pics was his egg grill  that saw him smoking Turkey Legs on last week. 🙂

You would have to keep a notebook along side your computer to keep up with everyone's name. etc. in this thread. I barely can remember my name.........

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess I got my eggs confused...........thought that egg in John pics was his egg grill  that saw him smoking Turkey Legs on last week. 🙂

You would have to keep a notebook along side your computer to keep up with everyone's name. etc. in this thread. I barely can remember my name.........

My egg is on our simple lanai.

20220603_114000.thumb.jpg.c7285d245dfa2f24f68f71d6fff28743.jpg

I do have a flat top as well, and now Laura wants a pizza oven🤣🤣

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Place a small table , or other object, under the window and it will look like the baseboard was intentionally done like that.

Wish I could but it’s right in the path from his side of the bed to the master bathroom so whatever I put there, he’d bump into it if he gets up during the night.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been awhile since I posted a Charlie Lizzy update. It's taken me awhile to capture enough video as they love to chase butterflies. They have been good and bad. Charlie is obsessed with chewing on the couch. Thank goodness it's old but we are having a hard time keeping him away from it. I must apologize that this video hows how pathetic my fenced in area of my back yard is. We have hard clay and Maggie and Penny destroyed most of the grass. I've tried to grow grass back there but it has been difficult. So enjoy the video but know I'm trying to make the back yard better.

How could anyone not smile watching this, they’re so adorable!  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My egg is on our simple lanai.

20220603_114000.thumb.jpg.c7285d245dfa2f24f68f71d6fff28743.jpg

I do have a flat top as well, and now Laura wants a pizza oven🤣🤣

We just got this Steelmade flat top that sits right on the gas grill grates. It just needs to be seasoned. 
Those caprese skewers look delicious, would be perfect with a glass of wine. 

E68A568E-BCAA-40D3-BAE8-10EEE1CE49C0.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We just got this Steelmade flat top that sits right on the gas grill grates. It just needs to be seasoned. 
Those caprese skewers look delicious, would be perfect with a glass of wine. 

E68A568E-BCAA-40D3-BAE8-10EEE1CE49C0.jpeg

Challenges with seasoning have made me hesitant to use the flat top. It makes a nice worktable, though.🤣

Cocktail of the night is Ruby Relaxer

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We were having a problem lately .We had leaks from both of our toilets .A neighbor recommended the plumber that she uses.We called him yesterday at 9 AM.He said he could come last night which would have been fine.However,he came at 2PM .An hour later he fixed the problem.I called the water company today to tell them about the problem ,that it was repaired and I have a statement from the plumber that I would like to present to the company to avoid being billed for water not used.Much to my surprise the woman that I spoke to said that will not be necessary .She made a notation on my account.

How is your leaking toilet the water company's problem? They supply the water and your toilet consumed it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

They are so cute together. And getting so big. We didn't have nice grass either. I'd rather have the puppies!

The other factor is that the soil is horrible. It's a clay gumbo mixture. I'll get grass in there some day. Last night they were chasing fireflies. I have to get that on camera. It's hilarious. I never laughed so hard.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Agree, puppies over grass any day. When I had my dog I never fertilized the grass. Zero chemicals went into the yard as long as she was here. I was afraid that they would hurt her.

Thinking about getting some of those dog chews that remove the acidity in their urine so it doesn't kill the grass.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

The garden survived just  fine 🙂

20220614_144530.thumb.jpg.71a80d06c26fae04d7c4d783d4bbdd90.jpg

Your garden looks amazing.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Delicious 😋 

20220614_152947.thumb.jpg.75ffcebbc25324cbb8b7b7c6521c59a9.jpg

Wow those look good.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Adorable.   How old are they now?   

No worries about yard, I'm kinda jealous you don't have much to mow😃

They are almost 7 months old now. I have a much larger portion of the back yard behind the retaining wall. Takes me about 45 minutes to mow the whole yard. Not too bad.

1 hour ago, Mrs. H. said:

Surgeon left a message on my machine on Friday saying the pathology report was in

and he got all the Melanoma cancer from my arm last month.  Scar is sexy.  (not)

That's great news. I think scars are sexy at least that is what I'm trying to tell myself when I look at my knee replacement scar.

58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I actually have a list of CC names and real names on my phone so I can remember.

40 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

How could anyone not smile watching this, they’re so adorable!  

Thanks Deb. They are not so adorable when they misbehave.😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1