Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

While away in TN last week I booked a cruise for Oct. 30th, NCL Breakaway. 
Canada/New England.  Great low price!  That gives me less than 2 weeks to get packing.  
I'll stay packed since I'll be on another cruise Nov. 26st to Bermuda, NCL Joy.

TN was breathtaking.  Dollywood was awesome.  

Here's the site to the cabin I rented...which was perfect.

Just glad I didn't see any bears.  

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43235670?source_impression_id=p3_1666101996_ahfDLExJ8oT5zwwR

• Like 6

On 10/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

That's awesome he is doing that.   He sounds like an loving, generous person that really enjoys cooking.   Is he a Chef?

Actually, he is Senior VP of a major health insurance company. 
My DD majored in hotel and restaurant and part of restaurant was setting up a restaurant for lunch and one for dinner. 
Each team chose theme, table shapes and sizes, linens, tableware, designed a menu, and cooked and served to invited guests. Jon got involved somehow and got really interested in cooking. 
For him it’s relaxing and he clears his mind while doing it. 
For the family, it’s wonderful; we look forward to family meals like we’re going to a Michelin 5 Star restaurant. 
And no bill to pay!!

• Like 10

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Beautiful color.  

We saw spectacular Fall foliage color once near Woodstock, Vermont during a weekend getaway.  I saw colors that I never saw on leaves before.  

OB will appreciate this.  Our favorite place to visit when we lived in New York was the New England area.

We toured Maine,RI,NH,CT and Vermont to see as much of each state as possible from 1973 to 2004.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It will be a huge  advantage for Houston with the winner getting no off day before the next series starts.

Houston would be the favorite no matter what.I read a story earlier today about Harper and Machado.They have known each other 13 years having played on a team as teenagers.Musgrove and Harper,Snell and Harper also played on the same teams when they were young.The Phillies /Padres series should be very interesting.There is also Nola vs.Nola.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Nnoooooo.

Lol, sorry.  I'm one of those guys that take my holidays one at a time.   No thinking of Christmas until after Thanksgiving.  Which is an improvement for me. Used to be no Christmas until the first week iof December. I might be in the minority with this. 🙂

However, as the song goes. We  need  little Christmas 

In 1961 I worked with a cousin of Johnny Mathis.She told all of us that Johnny would be a huge star one day.He is 87 now and he has had a great career.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

While away in TN last week I booked a cruise for Oct. 30th, NCL Breakaway. 
Canada/New England.  Great low price!  That gives me less than 2 weeks to get packing.  
I'll stay packed since I'll be on another cruise Nov. 26st to Bermuda, NCL Joy.

TN was breathtaking.  Dollywood was awesome.  

Here's the site to the cabin I rented...which was perfect.

Just glad I didn't see any bears.  

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43235670?source_impression_id=p3_1666101996_ahfDLExJ8oT5zwwR

Looks beautiful,Debbie.Glad that you had a nice time.

• Like 2

I have been experiencing life as a cat with frequent catnaps everyday.   Today I'm trying to avoid napping so I can sleep tonight and go to work tomorrow.   

Hasn't been easy as Sparky keeps jumping on my lap begging for some snuggle time.   

Sat outside on patio for a bit, chilly, breezy 54f but warm sun felt good.

Going to go take a covid test.  So far Eric remains fine, fingers crossed he stays ok.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

with frequent catnaps everyday. 

DW slept for a few days - literally most of the day - after we got home from the cruise. I'm now testing negative but she's still positive (very faint test line). Hopefully negative by tomorrow. Feeling much better but still not 'right'. We both get fatigued far more easily than normal. Hope your test is negative.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been experiencing life as a cat with frequent catnaps everyday.   Today I'm trying to avoid napping so I can sleep tonight and go to work tomorrow.   

Hasn't been easy as Sparky keeps jumping on my lap begging for some snuggle time.   

Going to go take a covid test.  So far Eric remains fine, fingers crossed he stays ok.

Sounds cozy, was 34 degrees this morning here, it has reached 40 degrees right now but feels much colder with a strong wind right now. Sun poking in and out, through lots of clouds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1961 I worked with a cousin of Johnny Mathis.She told all of us that Johnny would be a huge star one day.He is 87 now and he has had a great career.

He was already a huge star by 1961 , I have seen him many times including front row center seats a couple of years ago, still has a great voice.

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

He was a good singer but not in the realm of a Sinatra or a Bennett in 1961.

Mathis I believe had way more #1 hits than Bennett who I have seen many times , Sinatra who I also have seen many times was the best , saw him In Madison square garden, Carnegie hall, Cesar’s place , and several places in Dallas , including once with Sammy Davis and Liza , was disappointed that Dean Martin canceled he was replaced by Liza. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, George C said:

Mathis I believe had way more #1 hits than Bennett who I have seen many times , Sinatra who I also have seen many times was the best , saw him In Madison square garden, Carnegie hall, Cesar’s place , and several places in Dallas , including once with Sammy Davis and Liza , was disappointed that Dean Martin canceled he was replaced by Liza. 

I am talking about prior to 1962.Mathis had 4 big songs.Bennett had his greatest hits in the 50’s

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

DW slept for a few days - literally most of the day - after we got home from the cruise. I'm now testing negative but she's still positive (very faint test line). Hopefully negative by tomorrow. Feeling much better but still not 'right'. We both get fatigued far more easily than normal. Hope your test is negative.....

I have a very faint positive too.   Yes, the simplest chores tire me out. 

I'm sure my in bin at work will be full so I plan on staying in my office and work on the computer all day tomorrow with lots of caffeine.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds cozy, was 34 degrees this morning here, it has reached 40 degrees right now but feels much colder with a strong wind right now. Sun poking in and out, through lots of clouds.

I wasn't too happy that Eric put on heat last night for the first time.  I set up humidifier with new filter for the bedroom tonight.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a very faint positive too.   Yes, the simplest chores tire me out. 

I'm sure my in bin at work will be full so I plan on staying in my office and work on the computer all day tomorrow with lots of caffeine.

Take care Debbie.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So sorry to hear about Jim, but glad he had the surgery and was given execllent care. That must have been scary. I also had gall bladder issues on a ship. Had tests done and was told to take care of it when I got back. At least my pain was on the second to the last day of the cruise. It was just out of Fort Lauderdale so we didn't have to fly home. Wishing Jim a speedy recovery.

Thank you, Renee.  You sure were lucky to be so close to home.  Jim was really hoping to make it back to NJ, but we were still 5 days from the end of the cruise, and he really went downhill...

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How far is the move, not sure I caught where you live now? 

We moved in a RV with a large cage inside for our cats...............The move was about 500 miles.

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/

Front view of standard RV, showing side with door.

My cousin had begun traveling by RV when the pandemic began,,,not only did she not have to stay in hotels, but she was and is able to take her 2 fur babies on vacation with her by renting the RV's

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline is doing great.  Thanks for asking.  She was almost good as new during our cruise to Hawaii.  She was more worried about moving too quickly the wrong way and popping her hip out again, than she was dealing with pain.  She's had some Active Release Therapy done in the past that's work very well for her and she originally called from Hawaii to book another treatment for when we got home.  By the end of our trip though she felt so good that she called and cancelled her ART treatment and replaced it with a massage. 😁

That is great news, Bob.  What a relief for Michelline, as well as for you!

• Like 4

Apropo of nothing, I wonder how many people know (or care) that you can smile in your passport photo. 
We had ours done at AAA yesterday because no charge as members. 
The photographer said she’d have to retake mine because I smiled. 
I said it would be fine. That a natural smile is ok. She said no, you can’t show your teeth. 
I thanked her and we left for the Post Office. 
The clerk at the Passport window said my photo needed to be retaken because my teeth were showing. 
I repeated that it’s ok. 
So she packed everything up and took my credit card. 
Got home and Dick said I was nuts to insist it was ok, when two people whose job entails passport applications tried to warn me. 
So he Googled it. 
Evidently the State Dept didn’t get the word out except on their website. 
I hope whoever processes our renewals has been told a natural smile that doesn’t change the face is acceptable. 
The website even has example photos!

• Like 8

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Ha, ha.  As if.  I could find a house in an afternoon.  My husband is going to want to keep looking forever as he thinks there is only one house for us.  I think there are plenty I could be perfectly happy with.

Yes, we’re at Amelia by the Sea.  Had this trip scheduled before the hunt started.  

I'm glad that you are not sad about leaving your home.  Jim couldn't look back at our home when we left.  I, on the other hand, always drive down our old street whenever we're visiting his sister, whose home is 2 blocks from where we lived.

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m way late reading about your ordeal, and glad that you’re home and Jim’s recovering. 

Getting yourselves off the ship must have been a nightmare when you were already worried about him and if he’d be ok. 

Thank you, Mimi.  Getting off the ship did not go as it is supposed to.  The Port Agent was no where to be seen, and was not answering the phone.  I was fortunate that one of the Paramedic's told me the name of the hospital they were taking Jim to, as well as the name of the hotel that was just across the street from the hospital.  I went and got a cab myself that was (luckily for me) across the street from the Port.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Try not to overdue it at work tomorrow, Debbie!  Other than exhaustion, how are you feeling?

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Paulines mam's memory meal tonight.

IMG_20221018_184418.jpg

IMG_20221018_190925.jpg

IMG_20221018_190944.jpg

Loving thoughts for you and Pauline, Graham!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wasn't too happy that Eric put on heat last night for the first time.  I set up humidifier with new filter for the bedroom tonight.

We've had the heat on since returning home Thursday night!!!  I even went into the attic and got our winter comforter for the bed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1