Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

So glad you had a wonderful time on your cruise  despite the sub-par entertainment & are looking forward to the next one. I know you didn't want to return to cruising until it was pretty much 100% as it was in the before times so it's good to hear your thoughts, both good and not-so-good.

I think that leaves me as the only one who has not returned to a ship yet. That might change this fall. Maybe. I think.

I hope you do go this fall.  I didn't realize how happy I am on a ship until having been away so long.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I would get the key again.  What I enjoy about it is the ability to drop our carry one off and not lug them around until our cabin is ready.  I like the Chops lunch away from the crowded Windjammer.  I liked not having to worry about the tender in Belize.  I like the last morning breakfast away from the crowds and being able to leave when we want.  Super easy to find our luggage.  Plus we both had the internet package which we would have gotten anyway.  On a larger ship I would have liked it even more for the show seating.

The lamb chops were grilled.

Totally agree!  We have always enjoyed the Key and felt it was entirely worth it, especially on the Oasis Class ships!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

So glad you had a wonderful time on your cruise  despite the sub-par entertainment & are looking forward to the next one. I know you didn't want to return to cruising until it was pretty much 100% as it was in the before times so it's good to hear your thoughts, both good and not-so-good.

I think that leaves me as the only one who has not returned to a ship yet. That might change this fall. Maybe. I think.

Not the only one's, My Wife and I have yet to cruise again since Covid. We are finally going in mid September. For 14 nights too............Should be nice to get back on the ocean. 🙂

Looking forward to it. 🙂

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not the only one's, My Wife and I have yet to cruise again since Covid. We are finally going in mid September. For 14 nights too............Should be nice to get back on the ocean. 🙂

Looking forward to it. 🙂

We couldn’t wait to get back on a cruise ship , we were on Edges second sailing after Covid and have done 5 total since with two more booked, glad ships are back to normal now. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I would get the key again.  What I enjoy about it is the ability to drop our carry one off and not lug them around until our cabin is ready.  I like the Chops lunch away from the crowded Windjammer.  I liked not having to worry about the tender in Belize.  I like the last morning breakfast away from the crowds and being able to leave when we want.  Super easy to find our luggage.  Plus we both had the internet package which we would have gotten anyway.  On a larger ship I would have liked it even more for the show seating.

The lamb chops were grilled.

How much per day was the Key for you? Right now we have it on Jewel for $19.99 a day per person.............3 port stops are tenders. So thought even on a Radiance Class ship it still may be worth it, 2 internet packages included as well.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looking forward to it. 🙂

Wow!  That’s a long time. Did you cruise a lot before Covid?

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How much per day was the Key for you? Right now we have it on Jewel for $19.99 a day per person.............3 port stops are tenders. So thought even on a Radiance Class ship it still may be worth it, 2 internet packages included as well.

I don't remember exactly but close to that.  Maybe $17 something a day.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For $19.99 I'd go for it if it includes internet.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We would be Diamond plus if not for not cruising since 2019.  Sigh

Other than the bogo and one extra drink ( we buy the drink package), we haven’t really enjoyed d+ in a very long time.  Once they changed up the lounge access, we started cruising celebrity in addition to rccl. Diamond is a pretty good level to have as is elite on celebrity. Will never reach pinnacle.  

• Like 3

We have been blessed with a 5th grandchild. Grandchildren are ages 6 years, 4 years, almost 2 years, 7 months, and our brand new grandson.  💙

We are cruising with one of our sons and 3 of his children in late July .... should be interesting. 😉

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

So what does your husband do on the last morning of the cruise.  The internet is finally fast since most people are still asleep and he has had all the pool time he can take.  

He looks at all the categories on Craigslist and now meet our newest family member.  Her name is Sabel and she is 9.5 weeks old.

Sabel1.thumb.jpeg.e95212e3c4a5d22aa2efcb1ec9bcc575.jpeg

Oh my. She is adorable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We have been blessed with a 5th grandchild. Grandchildren are ages 6 years, 4 years, almost 2 years, 7 months, and our brand new grandson.  💙

We are cruising with one of our sons and 3 of his children in late July .... should be interesting

😉

Congratulations😃

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

These are a few of my thoughts about our cruise.  Pictures will come later once my husband can come inside and download his camera.  He is mowing now that most of the storm damage has been taken care of.  Still have 2 trees down and 1 that I think is too dangerous for him to attempt by himself.

Embarkation and debarkation could not have been faster. 

Food:

We had the key so lunch the first day and breakfast the last day were in the MDR.  They both were delicious and peaceful.

Breakfast and lunch everyday were in the Windjammer, we were very happy with the choices every day.  We had Chops +1.  Our 1 was Izumi.  Both meals were great.  I got the lamb chops in Chops.  I got the Champagne Lobster Roll and the Tempura Lobster Roll.  For dessert I had the Sesame balls with the red bean paste which was the perfect balance of not sweet/sweet.

Two other dinners were in the Windjammer and 3 were in the MDR.  All were good.

The not so good was the Windjammer the last night.  We wanted to go to the show so decided to eat first in the Windjammer.  The food in there all week was really good with roast beef, brisket (my husband got the burnt ends which the carver was about to throw away).  The last night however the food was not appealing at all.  We then went to the show and ate in the MDR after.

The staff was very friendly and service was as good or better then any of our other cruises.  The cruise director was fun and the game shows were hilarious.

The internet was horrible.  We needed to keep in touch with our house sitters because of the bad weather.  No way would it work in our cabin.  My husband found one place that he could make wifi calls without them dropping.  We found that if we were on the pool deck before the younger people were up the internet was fast, after that not even the app worked well.  Since they don’t give out the compass any more you need the app to know what was going on.

The game shows were great but the rest of the entertainment was not.  The music was not anything that interested us.  One night there was no show.  The comedian had 2 shows.  The first show he was funny but the second show he kept checking his notes, his watch and he seemed to be in a down mood.  I know it is a small ship but seriously?

The ports:

Cozumel – Nachi Cocom – great as always

Roatan – Maya Cay – the winds were up so we could not snorkel, the beach was nice and I got to spend at least 30 min. talking rescue animals with one of the staff.

Belize – Took a river safari. The wind was still up so it was a good option to not be bounced around in a small boat.

Costa Maya – 1st excursion was a catamaran snorkel, with the winds they refunded our payment because of poor visibility.  It would have been awesome if the wind had not been so bad.  2nd excursion was the aviary at the port and it was very nice the way they had it set up.

Sounds like a great cruise. 😃

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just checked my planner for Odyssey this coming February. The key is $42.99. I think you have a great price.... if it is not a mistake.

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

So what does your husband do on the last morning of the cruise.  The internet is finally fast since most people are still asleep and he has had all the pool time he can take.  

He looks at all the categories on Craigslist and now meet our newest family member.  Her name is Sabel and she is 9.5 weeks old.

Sabel1.thumb.jpeg.e95212e3c4a5d22aa2efcb1ec9bcc575.jpeg

Sabel is precious.   Welcome to the family😻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1