Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

DIL1 got admitted into the hospital last night.  Her H2O broke.  She’s only 36 weeks along. They texted us and DH has been giving them advice.  It was like he was on-call in the middle of the night all over again except he doesn’t  have to go in now.

Update now is:  She is in labor.  Stay tune.

All the very best to your DIL1.  Hope her labour goes smoothly and you have a healthy grandchild to announce here to us all very soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ooops I missed the sail into Sydney Harbour this morning.  First time ever. Must have been the food coma I was in plus all the free alcohol from the foodie photo class in the morning & cocktail photo class in the afternoon that I did yesterday plus the final cocktail purchases to use up the free loot (OBC).

I asked DD if she wanted anything from  on board.  She said maybe some Virgin merchandise.  After I sent photos from the Virgin store on board, she replied

“good lord. No thank you.  They really aren’t good at designing merchandise are they?”

• Haha 15

I have a question about Pinnacle access.  If everything goes right, we will become Pinnacle next spring.  On the Oasis class ships we have sailed in full suites in the past but now usually do a junior suite.  So we don’t have access to the sun deck or Coastal Kitchen.  I’ve read that on some sailings Pinnacles don’t have access.  But I’m not sure I understand what they don’t get access to.  Is it everything or just the suite lounge?

Thanks!

Anne

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:34 PM, Arzeena said:

I will say slightly boring, "cliquish" and going in all other directions but of the "cruise". I also got the feeling that some people were getting too full of themselves.

So I had a choice to fast forward most posts.
This is where John's ability to hold a captive audience in his excellent reviews is most missed.

🎶don't it always seem to go

that you dont know what you got

'til its gone🎶

• Like 7

On 2/17/2024 at 4:54 PM, Sea Dog said:

Just when I thought I was recovering good with the hernia. My prostrate decided to be stubborn again. I was in pain all day as I couldn’t urinate. Ended up having to go to the ER late last night and had a catheter put in (that was not fun at all) and they drained 1200ml off of me. Now I’m back home catheter and all. I’m very uncomfortable but at least not in the pain as I was in. Now I have to get back to urologist and see how long this thing will have to stay in. Life is not fun right now.

Oh Greg, I'm so sorry you're going through all this 😢 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 5:15 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm staying home today and doing some cleaning and going to make a pot of meatballs and sausage with the last of my sauce from last summer's tomatoes.  

Yummy 😋,  wish we could all come round to sample 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 7:48 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Had another superb dinner on VV last night.  In the opposite to Tree Skier’s frustrating experience - I was treated like a VIP last night.

I was seated at my reserved table and my waitress had just left after we had discussed the best dishes for me and  taking my order, when the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Manager came over  and asked if I would give up my table as a gentlemen had come in who needed it.  They were both profusely apologetic and very appreciative that I said yes.  I just smiled and said it’s fine.

Anyways, from then on from my perfectly acceptable new table,I was treated like a VIP. My drinks were comped, I had the Mgr & AM come over and sincerely apologise again and then the the Restaurant Manager personally served me each course and then checked I was enjoying each dish which I was.  Never had this level of attention in my life and never will again.  And all dishes were superb.  

Glad you're enjoying VV, Aussie, it's on my radar 

• Thanks 1

The gold Pinnacle sea pass gives you access to the sun deck and you can request CK reservations. You also get Breakfast, usually in Chops. Just like suites , priority boarding. You get access to the Suite lounge, depending on how many P's are on your sailing. I always assume I have access unless told otherwise. 

Best benefit is free internet for both of you.  And of course one more free drink.

• Like 4

Great day at Labadee 😀

IMG_1878.thumb.jpeg.5205faf6aadd7fcdc030a8cf6f542f66.jpeg

IMG_1892.thumb.jpeg.523cd91896eb40530729275017625c78.jpeg

We got one of those hilltop Cabanas. They were perfect for us.  We are private people and these are really secluded. 

IMG_1881.thumb.jpeg.da92999bcecc978ab8784f7b6c147ff2.jpeg

I did the zip line. It is awesome.  The view along the is amazing.

Video to follow once I get it off my GoPro   

IMG_1895.thumb.jpeg.6ecc54e79c658368fa719567aa340b07.jpeg

• Like 28

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never had this deep clean thing recommended. They do love dental x-rays though. I can't remember the last time I consented to have them. I don't take lightly exposing my patients to radiation and I for sure don't take lightly exposing me to radiation.

I have always gotten x-rays at least once a year with my dental work. I just assumed that it was necessary. Nobody has ever indicated otherwise. Should I be questioning that now?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is the email that I'm planning to send off to Mr. Bayley. Anyone have any suggestions for changes or additions? Also, can someone supply his email address. I'm too lazy to search.

Mr. Bayley,

I am writing this after 20+ years of sailing with RCI to make you aware of an ongoing health issue aboard your ships and it has to do with sound levels in some of the entertainment areas. I have found this to be an ongoing issue, particularly in the main theater and Studio B. I have heard this complaint from many people and I, as a physician, claim it is a health issue.

I recently completed the February 3rd sailing of Odessey of the Seas. After attending a show in the main theater, I believe the act was called The Rookies, where the sound was so loud that I found myself with hearing difficulties that didn't fully resolve until sometime the following afternoon. Though I have encountered uncomfortable sound levels in the past on your ships this is the first time I have had to deal with the aftermath for a prolonged length of time following the exposure.

The health issues on hearing from exposure to loud noise is well know. It takes little time to do a search to get information on decibel levels, pressure waves, and length of exposure to put the pieces together. Anyone who is controlling the sound boards in the ship venues should be well versed in this subject. If they are not the RCI needs to address its hiring protocols.

I am bringing this issue to your attention in the hope that you will rectify the situation. I would find it disappointing to say the least if RCI did not take seriously the harm that these sound levels can do to its guests.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

It is just blank to me. 

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You can't see it???? Does this show?

Mr. Bayley,

I am writing this after 20+ years of sailing with RCI to make you aware of an ongoing health issue aboard your ships and it has to do with sound levels in some of the entertainment areas. I have found this to be an ongoing issue, particularly in the main theater and Studio B. I have heard this complaint from many people and I, as a physician, claim it is a health issue.

I recently completed the February 3rd sailing of Odessey of the Seas. After attending a show in the main theater, I believe the act was called The Rookies, where the sound was so loud that I found myself with hearing difficulties that didn't fully resolve until sometime the following afternoon. Though I have encountered uncomfortable sound levels in the past on your ships this is the first time I have had to deal with the aftermath for a prolonged length of time following the exposure.

The health issues on hearing from exposure to loud noise is well know. It takes little time to do a search to get information on decibel levels, pressure waves, and length of exposure to put the pieces together. Anyone who is controlling the sound boards in the ship venues should be well versed in this subject. If they are not the RCI needs to address its hiring protocols.

I am bringing this issue to your attention in the hope that you will rectify the situation. I would find it disappointing to say the least if RCI did not take seriously the harm that these sound levels can do to its guests.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

I used to say that if its to loud you’re to old.  Now that I’m a little older I regret that saying. 

thanks for sending this. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

DIL1 got admitted into the hospital last night.  Her H2O broke.  She’s only 36 weeks along. They texted us and DH has been giving them advice.  It was like he was on-call in the middle of the night all over again except he doesn’t  have to go in now.

Thoughts and prayers for DIL1 and new Grand Baby. Congratulations 🎊🎈🍾 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some times my TV does magic.   A bit of time ago, I was on the phone with Xfinity, and the gal i was talking to said "let my see if there are any deals".  There was a deal that added HBO at no additional cost.  then the other day I got an email from Xfinity saying I can access Max for free, I guess since that is part of HBO.

Of course, I am smart guy, i don't actually read instructions, I can do this. 

well , that didn't work. I read the instruction. TV had a QR code. Got my phone and  pointed the camera at the code , and a URL pops up. Touch the code and a window pops up asking for my provider .

DW was in the other room watching TV there, so I asked her if I could show her something on my TV,  Oh, can you do that on my TV. Turns out i needed to do the same thing. About 20 minutes later she came back and said she really likes Max.

Must have been good, I heard her playing a movie (language you do not hear on regular TV) and she was snoring up a storm, Put her right to sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Yummy 😋,  wish we could all come round to sample 

When do you leave for Singapore?    I wish you and Gary safe travels and hope you have lots of fun exploring with good weather.   Hope to see some photos if you will have internet.   😊

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Congratulations Helen and Marty!  Your newest grandchild is on it's way.  How exciting for you all!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love seeing this in my inbox. 😁

image.png.e42ae99bd535fb206779142f825d284a.png

One more sleep until Punta Cana. It's been a while since we've been to an AI but it seems very much like a cruise on land, but with bigger "cabins", and hopefully better food.  Live music and various activities throughout the day and a show every evening in the theater.

Wishing you and Michelline a great time in Punta Cana, Bob!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stork Update:  DIL1 delivered baby at 6:56AM. 2/18/2024 5lb6oz.  It was a quick & speedy delivery.  He was very eager to enter the world.  Thank God, he and his mommy are doing well.  Doctors are keeping an eye on mommy to make sure everything is stable.  We will go see them in a week or so.  Now we wait for DS2’s turn who is due in April.

• Like 36