Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

It would have been difficult reaching Roatan in time I imagine they are going behind the storm. They also  had to return to port last night - possible medical emergency.

I had not read that.  Prayers to whoever was affected.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

My thoughts are with our dear friends Dani @dani negreanu, and Bonnie and Jack @BonTexasNY on the anniversary of the horrific attack on Israel last year.  ❤️🙏

((((((((((((((((((((Thank you, Maryann))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jack has the tv going full blast today watching memorials, interviews from Israel.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My thoughts are with our dear friends Dani @dani negreanu, and Bonnie and Jack @BonTexasNY on the anniversary of the horrific attack on Israel last year.  ❤️🙏

+2 @dani negreanu and @BonTexasNY Let me add that my thoughts are with you and all those impacted by this terrible act.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

JetBlue baggage fees are even worse. $40 first/ $60 second and that's with the $10 discount for paying 24 hours before flight time. That's during peak travel time, i.e. summer and every major holiday period like 3 weeks in Dec, the entire month of April, etc,  Off-peak is still pretty high at $35/50 with the $10 discount.

Like you, I sometimes would use the baggage fees to justify First Class. Recently, I was torn between a $134 Jetblue fare & $320 Delta first class fare*. At first glance, I wasn't going to pay more than double the price until I did the math. $134 + $100 in baggage fee + $89 to get Even More Space seats (7 inches of extra leg room, similar to Delta first class) = $323.  And I haven't even factor in the no middle seat, unlimited beverages including alcohol and "upgraded" food selections that comes with Delta first class.  Even though I was going to just check 1 bag  & bring a carry-on (so JB would be "only" $263), the extra $57 was worth all the perks.

*One-way

We recently opened a Jet Blue credit card.  There was a nice sign up bonus of 80,000 miles which will get us several flights. In addition, any JB flights booked with that card include seat choice and one checked bag (in addition to a carryon and a personal item) per person.  The two checked bags for one flight almost justify the $95 annual fee.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

+2 @dani negreanu and @BonTexasNY Let me add that my thoughts are with you and all those impacted by this terrible act.

39 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

+3 from us as well.  Also thinking of all our CC friends in FL 🙏.  

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

+4 from us as well. 

Add us to thinking of FL CC friends. 

Thank you Mark, Deb, John. 

Also echoing prayers for safety of our FL CC friends with little damage.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

((((((((((((((((((((Thank you, Maryann))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jack has the tv going full blast today watching memorials, interviews from Israel.

(((Hugs)))🌹

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We recently opened a Jet Blue credit card.  There was a nice sign up bonus of 80,000 miles which will get us several flights. In addition, any JB flights booked with that card include seat choice and one checked bag (in addition to a carryon and a personal item) per person.  The two checked bags for one flight almost justify the $95 annual fee.  

I don't have any credit cards with an annual fee. I'm not going to pay them a fee to have the privilege of making money for them.

• Like 6

I didn't take many pics but I will share what I got.  Maybe some of Sharon's later. I don't remember all I posted so far so hopefully I will not repeat. 

First day...

Nice view of Flowrider. 

image.thumb.png.3215beaedde9d72efe10e01d37dbf7e6.png

image.thumb.png.c759c9c8ce49bf6e1db59b3f35f845a6.png

By the elevator....

image.thumb.png.768d166b899785a541cd9a53dbef6136.png

image.thumb.png.6fdb8986f07fec006c129b8a6659831a.png

Pesky Parrot at 7:30pm the 1st day only had a couple people in it.  It filled up later in the cruise. 

image.thumb.png.a8fd704c7fee7abd2be8fbebeaaf8406.png

image.thumb.png.a0b043323124db8042ba983999d19b25.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Doing some serious multitasking here. Chiefs game and Royals game plus drinking a beer in my coveted Sea Dog kozzie.

IMG_0097.thumb.jpeg.01656e60ce1edd38be9582d16486189c.jpeg

Unfortunately your team won both , my Yankees continue to disappoint, been a Yankees fan going back to Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra, my prize possessions is a Mickey signed baseball and a signed sports illustrated.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, George C said:

Unfortunately your team won both , my Yankees continue to disappoint, been a Yankees fan going back to Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra, my prize possessions is a Mickey signed baseball and a signed sports illustrated.

I’m actually surprised the Royals won that game. I told my wife that I thought the Yankees would win in 3. The Royals with Bobbie Witt Jr. is the difference maker. I still think the Yankees will win to advance but it’s nice to see the Royals play some competitive baseball.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You had me confused for a minute @Sea Dog.  A cozzie down under is a swimsuit - usually for women.  I was looking for a sea dog themed swimsuit …that you were packing early for Linda…

Had to laugh! I had to actually look up the name as I have always called this insulated sleeve for a beer bottle. Here’s what I found:

Is it a beer cozy or koozie?

“Like Kleenex, Rollerblade, and Thermos, Koozie is actually a trademarked brand name that has crossed over into our lexicon as a generalized term to describe any insulating sleeve for beverages. The name derives from the noun form of “cozy,” which is a soft cover (often knitted) used to keep teapots warm.”

• Thanks 1