Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

My favorite t-shirt I saw someone wearing said “Don’t yell at me!  I’m a volunteer!”  Many many times did I wish I were wearing that shirt….

That’s a good one .I have several interesting message shirts which I will be wearing and posting about after I wear the last of my vacation destination shirts.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...some of us on here remember the days before TV even existed.  😮 😄 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Dark Ages, literally

Remember this important fact:

If Thomas Edison hadn't invented the light bulb, we'd all be watching television in the dark.😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Remember the mimograph machines in school.  It smelled so good.  That and a box of new crayons.

Good times.

I loved making copies on the mimiograph machine at work!  I would stand there and inhale the wonderful smell of it....lol!

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

That's what I learned to type on in high school in the late 80s...

When I was in high school, we had 2 electric typewriters in the classroom;  the rest were manual.  Every several weeks, we would get a turn using the electric typewriter for an entire week.  I was phenomenal at typing when I began working in Manhattan.  I absolutely loved Gregg steno and typing!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Several of you have mentioned playing Monopoly....???

I still have board games from when I was a kid including Monopoly.

One game I have from when I was not a kid is something that nobody I have ever met has heard of .Perquacky.I bought it in 1974 .My grand kids love the game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Why is there a need to have a post count?I have been posting 22 years on a nostalgia board.There has never been a post count and nobody has a problem.

Maybe that feature didn't exist way back then

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

I loved making copies on the mimiograph machine at work!  I would stand there and inhale the wonderful smell of it....lol!

When I was in high school, we had 2 electric typewriters in the classroom;  the rest were manual.  Every several weeks, we would get a turn using the electric typewriter for an entire week.  I was phenomenal at typing when I began working in Manhattan.  I absolutely loved Gregg steno and typing!!

I remember my 7th.grade typing class.When I applied for my first full time job typing was a necessity regardless of what position a person was applying for.When I applied for the last job I ever had I was being interviewed by the Vice President of the company.She asked what my favorite music was and I replied Classic Rock.She then quizzed me .After I was hired she told me that nobody working at the company liked Rock as much as her and she was looking forward to having interesting music discussions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe that feature didn't exist way back then

Yes,but the board exists currently and nobody has ever posted asking to have that feature.I post on there every day.It is a Brooklyn nostalgia board.

Brooklyn Bridge a magazine about Brooklyn ran a story about the board in one of its issues.

23 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Remember this important fact:

If Thomas Edison hadn't invented the light bulb, we'd all be watching television in the dark.😂🤣

Everyone used to turn the lights off and watch tv in the dark. 
After all, movie theaters always turned the lights off when the movie started. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,but the board exists currently and nobody has ever posted asking to have that feature.I post on there every day.It is a Brooklyn nostalgia board.

Brooklyn Bridge a magazine about Brooklyn ran a story about the board in one of its issues.

You post a lot in Floataway Lounge. 

For whatever reason, those posts don't show up in your total.

FWIW, this thread is reminiscent of a typical FL thread 

• Like 1

You post a lot in Floataway Lounge. 

For whatever reason, those posts don't show up in your total.

FWIW, this thread is reminiscent of a typical FL thread 

I post on any topic that is of interest to me .The FL lounge is where one guy felt secure to post his e-mail address.

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Those still alive, obviously 

Yes,I should have stated that.There were many singers in the audience too.

A friend of mine who lives in Davenport,Fl.has a band that plays all over the state.They play all genres of music:Ladyz and the Boyz.You can hear them on You Tube if you are interested.

Edited by lenquixote66

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I post on any topic that is of interest to me .The FL lounge is where one guy felt secure to post his e-mail address.

I've posted mine dozens of times. I'm extremely secure😇

It's easier now to include it in my signature. 

Do you have your device set up to show them?

I've posted mine dozens of times. I'm extremely secure😇

It's easier now to include it in my signature. 

Do you have your device set up to show them?

I do not use a computer because the keys are too hard for me to press.I use a special I-Pad with a stylus pen.Even that can be difficult for me at times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not use a computer because the keys are too hard for me to press.I use a special I-Pad with a stylus pen.Even that can be difficult for me at times.

Jmdurland at msn dot com

Someone on here a few years ago used 'speach to text' software to reply. Drove me crazy reading it.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1