Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Even more unique for them to see and hear is the Woodstock (3 days of peace and music) DVD. ✌️☮️

Great dvd , I have a large collection of music dvds my favorites are “Last Waltz “ and Dylan 30 anniversary, also cool Live Aid and Concert for 9/11.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Jmdurland at msn dot com

Someone on here a few years ago used 'speach to text' software to reply. Drove me crazy reading it.

So I thought I’d try speech to text on here. Looks like it’s working pretty good. On the iPad, just Hit the Mike on the keyboard. Guess I should’ve said microphone instead of Mike!

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, George C said:

Great dvd , I have a large collection of music dvds my favorites are “Last Waltz “ and Dylan 30 anniversary, also cool Live Aid and Concert for 9/11.

I have Live Aid ,that was great.I won tickets to go see it in the US ,not UK but could not go.

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So I thought I’d try speech to text on here. Looks like it’s working pretty good. On the iPad, just Hit the Mike on the keyboard. Guess I should’ve said microphone instead of Mike!

The person I was referring to went on long winded diatribes.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No Hebrew characters🤔

There were several with Hebrew characters, but I've sold the Selectric + balls when we were relocated to Belgium (1980). Those two were "doubles".

When we came back (1985), word processors were on the market.

I started with Wang, which was awesome.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

1973 -- IBM's Selectric -- such a huge improvement !! I'm still keeping 2 balls 😁

DSC_7348.jpg2.jpg

It got even more exciting when they came out with the Correcting Selectric.  Unlike using Ko-Rec-Type to cover up mistakes, the typewriter had a little spool of special tape that lifted the unwanted letters right off the paper.  

Image 1 - Vintage-IBM Correcting Selectric II Electric Typewriter For Parts/As Is
Old School KO-REC-TYPE Correction Tabs Hard-to-Find Large Size image 2

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

There were several with Hebrew characters, but I've sold the Selectric + balls when we were relocated to Belgium (1980). Those two were "doubles".

When we came back (1985), word processors were on the market.

I started with Wang, which was awesome.

I think mine was Word Perfect

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I think mine was Word Perfect

Wang was the whole computer, not just the "language", like Word Perfect.

It had a "copy" button, a "move" button, etc., but in terms of "language", Word Perfect was more advanced.

We had the additional and ever lasting complication of switching "directions" -- since Hebrew is written from right to left.... A huge headache for the IT team 😉 

• Like 2