Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My daughter messaged me on Sat night.  “Mum, can we have a kitten”? Her close friend was parked outside her boyfriend’s house in the inner city.  When she returned to her car, she heard meowing.  Searched her car and found a kitten under the bonnet,  on top on the car engine.  It didn’t belong to any of the neighbours.  So she took it home but one of her family is allergic. Thankfully, one of their other friends is able to take care of it.  I don’t think Max and a kitten would be a good combo.

My next door neighbor has a German Shepherd and two cats.The cats were the first to live there and they get along great with the dog.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We do.  Had a very successful and effective ad campaign in the 80s - Slip, Slop, Slap that drilled into us the sunsafe message. 

My very best wishes go to you.

Your pictures are amazing. Please keep them coming!

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, I appreciate your post.

Yes, "we" had almost 7 months of quiet, which came yesterday night to an abrupt end... Sadly, there are extremists on both sides, and they "dirige the music".

Hopefully, our leaders will defuse the situation, before it will be too late.

Dani, you have to know how close Jack and I feel about what goes on in Israel.  We hope those leaders defuse the situation quickly. Israel's Iron Dome Defense is amazing at intercepting those rockets launched at Israel. However, it will always remain a volatile area. Hoping you and your family, our family and all of Israel remain safe.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Congratulations to Owen. 

We spent more than 10 years shivering on the sidelines watching our kids play football. My youngest was still playing till his late 20s until a injury stopped him.  He loves being part of a team and use to come home every weekend from uni to play with his old school mates .

My eldest trained as a ref at age 15 and use to ref until he went to university.  Luckily he was always tall for his age as he had to use his authority on the pitch with some of the parents of the kids playing. They got quite aggressive sometimes.

My daughters went to a HS that did not have sports teams.My 17 year old granddaughter is on her school Basketball team and is Co-Captain of the Tennis team.

She is also on a travel soccer team.Her 13 year old sister is on her school Basketball team and the soccer team.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased to hear your sister is doing well after her Lumpectomy.

Graham 

Thank you, Graham!

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So you went through Orlando, so how far up the  east coast are you right now in Florida. This is turning into a marathon ride just to get to Savannah.

Looks like you still have 4 more hours of driving yet to go.

We are heading from Draper Va. to Southport, NC on Friday.........Hoping it's a 5 hour drive and  don't run into hold ups like you have  had.

We are passing by St. Augustine right now...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It was just before Sarasota.we then came to a stop well before I-4.  An 8 Mile road construction made us decide to take I-4 since it would've been insane to stay on I-75.    Everything went well on there, until it didn't 🤷 it's taken us almost 6 hours to get on I-95

I-4 is the worst! Glad you made it to 95.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

OB, thank you for the many encouraging comments with regard to many of our health questions and the anxieties we feel.  You have put many of us at ease with regard to your wisdom on these matters.

(My sister is doing well and in good spirits after her lumpectomy)

Happy to hear she is doing well.   Good spirits always helps😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie.  So very true.  

How are you doing with your stitches?

Eye is doing much better, swelling is almost good other than bottom eye lid.    Still purplish but not that bad.   Stitches will be removed Thursday.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It was just before Sarasota.we then came to a stop well before I-4.  An 8 Mile road construction made us decide to take I-4 since it would've been insane to stay on I-75.    Everything went well on there, until it didn't 🤷 it's taken us almost 6 hours to get on I-95

I-4 was a nightmare going to Tampa from Orlando and back, these few weeks in mid March. We missed our dinner cruise on the Starlight yacht in Tampa. Bumper to bumper traffic and nothing was moving for quite a while. So we called. they gave us a credit after charging cancellation fee of $25 pp.
Another time we decided to take some alternate routes, got lost and ended up at a winery in the boonies (Keel and Curley or something). Best traffic jam ever!!!!😉 The winery was great, their lunch was great and their u pick farm was absolutely wonderful! I purchased a bottle of Blueberry wine and strawberry Rose.This was during the strawberry festivals in and around Plant City.

Last week when we drove back to NJ, we started in the evening at 6, so we stopped at Jacksonville then Rocky Mount NC. Looooong drive. But traffic was fine after Jax and after NC next day... Till I-95 VA.......horrendous!

Drive safe.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sunshine3601Debbie, so glad to read you're healing nicely.

@Luckynana Maryann, hope your sister continues to be in good spirits and continues to improve.

@grapau27Graham I need to echo what others have said about your pictures with Pauline. Stunning and tells a story of two people in love.

Thank you Bonnie.

Graham.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of our neighbors just booked a cruise for their 70th.anniversary.He is 92 and healthy.His wife is 91 and also healthy.

That is fantastic Lenny.

We took Pauline's late mam on 6 cruises with us after her lovely dad died and her last cruise was on her 90th birthday when we sailed on P&O Ventura.

This photo was in our cabin on her 90th birthday.

Graham.

IMG-20210215-WA0005.jpg

• Like 21

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Maryann.

We have been together almost 44 years and married 40 years.

Graham 

So you met Pauline when she was sweet 16.   That is great.

Me, I met Susan 42 years ago, and married her 42 years ago.  No long courtships for us. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eye is doing much better, swelling is almost good other than bottom eye lid.    Still purplish but not that bad.   Stitches will be removed Thursday.  

Pleased the swelling has gone down and hopefully the purple colour will go soon too Debbie.

Graham.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So you met Pauline when she was sweet 16.   That is great.

Me, I met Susan 42 years ago, and married her 42 years ago.  No long courtships for us. 

Pauline even then was impeccably dressed and looked older than 16 years 8 months old.

I had just turned 22 six days earlier when we met.

That is lovely that you met Susan and married 42 years ago Mark.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I-4 is the worst! Glad you made it to 95.

Thank you!

48 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!

33 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I-4 was a nightmare going to Tampa from Orlando and back, these few weeks in mid March. We missed our dinner cruise on the Starlight yacht in Tampa. Bumper to bumper traffic and nothing was moving for quite a while. So we called. they gave us a credit after charging cancellation fee of $25 pp.
Another time we decided to take some alternate routes, got lost and ended up at a winery in the boonies (Keel and Curley or something). Best traffic jam ever!!!!😉 The winery was great, their lunch was great and their u pick farm was absolutely wonderful! I purchased a bottle of Blueberry wine and strawberry Rose.This was during the strawberry festivals in and around Plant City.

Last week when we drove back to NJ, we started in the evening at 6, so we stopped at Jacksonville then Rocky Mount NC. Looooong drive. But traffic was fine after Jax and after NC next day... Till I-95 VA.......horrendous!

Drive safe.

It's amazing what you can come across while getting lost!  Enjoy your wine!

Our trip down to FL was awful in Va , NC, and SC.  Here's hoping these 3 states will be kind to us this trip!

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sunshine3601

@Luckynana Maryann, hope your sister continues to be in good spirits and continues to improve.

@grapau27

Thank you, Bonnie!

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

IMG-20210215-WA0005.jpg

Very sweet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!!!!   I hope I am still cruising in my 90's😍

When I moved into my condo I met this guy .He and I were both walkers.He asked me to be his walking buddy.I could not believe that he was 73 .He used to tell me about all the cruises he and his wife had been on.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is fantastic Lenny.

We took Pauline's late mam on 6 cruises with us after her lovely dad died and her last cruise was on her 90th birthday when we sailed on P&O Ventura.

Graham.

IMG-20210215-WA0005.jpg

That is great.My former co-worker who I have posted about is 92.She was born in England and lived there till she was about 50.She and her late husband cruised more than anyone I ever knew.He husband passed away about 5 years ago but she still goes on cruises.

• Like 3