Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was cold here today also. I am really looking forward to going down to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday and feeling some real warmth.

You and me both.  We will get on two weeks after you get off. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

When Melanie worked at ABC, she ran audio and rolled tapes.

She also worked at CBS at Master Control, audio and tapes.

When she moved to Melbourne, she was the "Morning Girl" at a radio station, and when she moved back to NYC,  she was an Anchor/Producer for Fox News Radio.

Very cool I am very aware of all those jobs. She is obviously very smart and very talented.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am not sure if I ever answered this. I think I didn’t. No, we technically are still booked on that sailing, but we are definitely not going as long a my MIL is alive and I am employed.  I got lucky with the TA they RCI allowed my non-refundable price to roll over to the Harmony in December.

I am sure the FlowRider will have plenty of replacements for me.  The line does a good job of helping you as much as you want helping.  Many people in the line think they have it figured out from watching until they realize they don’t.  Then there are people who ask questions, and then when they get on the wave they completely forget everything I told them.  Those are the frustrating ones.  🤣  It is hard though to hear words, and then have your body translate them into very specific activities.  

JC

Thanks for letting me know, JC.  I'm sorry you won't be on the cruise.  We were looking forward to meeting you on there.  

Yes, there are people of all levels in the FlowRider line.  From first-timers to old pros.  They always seem to help each other and encourage each other on.  It is great to see and fun to watch.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope you have warm weather, smooth sailing and smooth flying!

Thanks. I came so close to cancelling this cruise after getting stranded in Florida in January with a cancelled flight. Now I am so glad I didn't give into that knee jerk reaction. I am really looking forward to this trip.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It was also time to research electric providers, since our contract expires next month.

I have had the same provider for the last three years, and no suppliers have current rates that low.  It looks like our rates will be up 32%.  I guess like everything else, prices are up.

Ouch!!  That is a hefty price increase.   Now I'm scared to look at mine next month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was cold here today also. I am really looking forward to going down to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday and feeling some real warmth.

Are you getting excited for your sailing on Allure?   What is your itinerary?

Fingers and toes crossed all goes well with your flights each way!    

One good thing you shouldn't have to worry about cleaning snow off your car at the airport😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

One good thing you shouldn't have to worry about cleaning snow off your car at the airport😁

If there is snow on my car I'm not coming home. Stopping at Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Nassau. I am so excited to get back on that ship!

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Parts of upstate NY had snow last night.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If there is snow on my car I'm not coming home. Stopping at Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Nassau. I am so excited to get back on that ship!

That's a nice itinerary!   I would love to see some photos of Labadee.  Of course, some sunrise photos.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was a little further north at the Butler Blvd exit getting a CT scan of my abdomen. 
Yesterday was an echocardiogram, last week was a chest X-ray and a breathing test. 
All ordered by different doctors. 
I remember when I had social events on my calendar instead of medical!

I hope all your tests come back free and clear 🤩

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Burrr...here today.   We had heavy rain and wind last night.  Was very happy it wasn't snow as I saw several places had snow.

We also had heavy rain and wind last night.For some reason we seem to have the same weather patterns as your area.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's a nice itinerary!   I would love to see some photos of Labadee.  Of course, some sunrise photos.

In 2011 a friend returned from Labadee .He loved the island.We had never been there before.We made our first visit there in the Fall of 2011 and have since been there 12 times.One of us loves the Island,the other one not so much.😀

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 2011 a friend returned from Labadee .He loved the island.We had never been there before.We made our first visit there in the Fall of 2011 and have since been there 12 times.One of us loves the Island,the other one not so much.😀

We have been there a couple times.  I think the last time was 2018 or early 2019.   We enjoyed the nice relaxing environment.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am one of the not so much people. Never been a huge fan of the private stops.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have been there a couple times.  I think the last time was 2018 or early 2019.   We enjoyed the nice relaxing environment.

My only negative is the people who try and sell things because they are very aggressive.I have a beautiful Labadee tee shirt that I wear and they realize that I have been there before and do not bother me that much .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, George C said:

I meet my wife in 1987 and we married in 1991.

Pretty sure my wife wanted to get married before her 30 birthday ( obviously a woman thing) she turned 30 a few days after. I was a little over 40 at the time. 

• Like 5