Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

A little update on our niece Hila. She can now sit up, feed herself.  She was eating a chocolate bar in the video we received. This is a major achievement for which we are thankful.  When she was asked by the therapist what she wanted, she said "my life back".  She's a trouper and always has a smile on her face in all the pictures/videos we get. Doctors predict it will take many months until she can walk again, possibly not until the end of the year. Baby steps...literally.  

We couldn't wait for Passover to be finished tonight and ended Passover this evening before it got dark. We had chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs and pasta .  Cheesecake for dessert.  Don't tell the Passover police 🤫

That is actually a great recovery for the time frame. She will do well.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

Thank you all for your encouraging words . Your kindness is much appreciated. 

I hope , Ava Jude has made it home safely .

Want to add my wishes for the best results for your daughter and husband.  Please keep us updated. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, NHProud said:

I’m very sorry about Carrie ! I can empathize with what you are experiencing. My daughter had two cats for years and years and she was very close to them . One fell ill two months ago and she took it to the vet . The vet told her it would be best to euthanize her darling cat.  Then , the other cat fell ill and the same scenario.  It was all very traumatic for our daughter. This last cat was laid to rest in our backyard.   Last month our daughter brought home two kittens from the humane society.  So , last week one kitten showed the same symptoms as Carrie . She took it to the vet and her kitten had to be euthanized, too.  All so hurtful for our daughter. Meanwhile,  she is experiencing pain in her chest on the right side. Her doc referred her for a mammogram then a sonogram. They didn’t find anything on the side that is painful however they found a lesion in the left breast . She has been awaiting an appointment for a biopsy.   Meanwhile, her dad is going to have knee surgery on May 5th.  Her life has been too , too traumatic. 

Sorry to hear this.   It is always difficult to let go of a pet and then a new kitty.   That's devastating.

She is due for some positive news and let's all all hope and prayer that will be good news from her biopsy.🤩

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I love those cards that the grandkids make (and ones our kids made when they were little), because they take the time to make something special.  I bet you keep all of them like we do.  

Happy 51st Anniversary and many more. 

I have them stuffed all over the house!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Perhaps that guy has to keep trying it again and again to see why he does not like it?😁LOL!

We like Sorrentos'. It may not be what everyone wants it to be and to everyone's standards, but for cruise ship pizza, we have liked it better than the pizza on other cruise lines. The Sorrento's on the Anthem is the best among most of Royal's ships...IMHO.

I agree, we all enjoyed Sorrento's on our last Anthem sailings.

Maybe I have to try without alcohol in me but I don't think their open that early😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Ava Jude is home!!!!  Thank you everyone!🥰

That is Fabulous news!    I suspect she is exhausted from her long travel day.  I hope she gets a long sound sleep in her own bed tonight and wakes up tomorrow feeling even better.  

Now her Mom and everyone else can rest easier too!

Such a shame how they all got so sick.   

That was super nice how Bella and her family stayed with her at the hospital  through this ordeal.    ❤❤❤   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

A little update on our niece Hila. She can now sit up, feed herself.  She was eating a chocolate bar in the video we received. This is a major achievement for which we are thankful.  When she was asked by the therapist what she wanted, she said "my life back".  She's a trouper and always has a smile on her face in all the pictures/videos we get. Doctors predict it will take many months until she can walk again, possibly not until the end of the year. Baby steps...literally.  

We couldn't wait for Passover to be finished tonight and ended Passover this evening before it got dark. We had chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs and pasta .  Cheesecake for dessert.  Don't tell the Passover police 🤫

So happy to hear Hila continues to improve everyday.   She sounds like a real trooper that will get through this and probably be running marathons someday😍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I thought  the Original Ray's had the best pizza. 

At least that what Santa Claus said in the movie  Elf. 😀

There seems to be several original Rays pizza restaurants in midtown Manhattan, alway thought that was extremely funny and none of them were that good , unless again it was after midnight and you had more than a few drinks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, John!  How are your niece and her family doing since the fire?🙏

We have not talked directly with her yet. She said she will try to call when she can.  Losing the dog and memories has been really hard on her and her husband.  The boys are doing ok.

The prayers are appreciated.  Thanks

• Like 8

Since it was supposed to rain, we started today with an indoor activity.  The 23rd Biennale of Sydney is an arts and ideas festival.  We went to The Cutaway, an underground event space in Barangaroo.

These were the art works that appealed to me:

Save our Nagati (Rainbow Serpents) creators of spiritual rivers connecting water, sky and land by an Australian artist living in broken hill.864BF59A-6FCD-4293-82EF-F6FDBBEB2FE5.thumb.jpeg.7e780666953676ab0ccf99298df1269e.jpeg

Fishbone IV - by a Turkish artist Kinetic sculpture of bronze, mechanism and wood.  The hanging art is Yirung Bila (sky heaven river) by an Australian artist.653E5A9F-DD8B-41C1-A039-F8D7B304B528.thumb.jpeg.83b2b5d6d46088bacc32a1d532dde3cc.jpeg

Murray Darling Basin by Tel-Aviv Artist Gal Weinstein. Made of coffee grounds, sugar & plastic.  It had a pleasant smell as you got near. Murray Darling is an important river system here in Australia.274D1148-4568-423D-889A-DF0846C642ED.thumb.jpeg.64ef0e013cdeb4a3c62c87c8d89841f3.jpeg

Water birds by a Mexican artist.  As you approached it, you heard the sounds of Australian migratory birds.D4876F10-39A8-4842-9C5B-6C82CF8D2E2E.thumb.jpeg.ac62804de769d40007281ccdd4e6294a.jpeg

These were done by Northern Territory artists.A94F8232-79E0-4FB3-8A92-9DE00D11DC90.thumb.jpeg.6136f1bc8125538ba19db1ebc62d83b3.jpeg

At the entrance to the space was a fab 10min video - Wellama - a celebration of ritual, ceremony and story practised on Country & pays respects to the traditional custodians of this land.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2