Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Then we went outside and to the star gazers lawn to check out Leaf Work by Irish Artist John Gerrard.  It was a mirrored cube with a video on one side.  No-one was watching the video.  Instead lots of people were taking selfies of themselves on the mirrored sides😂
And the video - was of a woman in head to toe leaf costume walking in circles…E614A1B0-8187-4ED4-BCBA-0697A94A7B89.thumb.jpeg.ae480d05907ee682715a019e03253605.jpeg

Perplexion lead to Google and apparently it’s a statement on climate change. Go figure.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

After several days of cool weather and rain it was quite nice today. We went for a walk around a little marsh pond. Lots of geese and ducks. So much noise with all the honking. Saw a small muskrat scamper across the path and dip into the water.

Saw 2 male geese get into a territorial fight. They were quite nasty to each other, biting and sniping. 

We walked by a pair of geese-it looked like one was sitting on a nest. Went by again a little bit later and she was up, proudly showing off her 5 eggs. I hope they make it-they are so close to the path and right next to the water.

We walked about 2 hours, ending just before the next storm rolled in.

Sorry, no pics. We'll try to get back in the next 10 days or so to check in on the mom and will try to get pics then.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Bonnie!  We were watching our grandson William while our daughter went to the airport to pick up Ava,  so we did get to see Ava and give her hugs and kisses when they stopped by before they went home.  She looks exhausted, with dark circles under her eyes, but she said she is "good".  We are so thankful that she is home safe and sound.😊

Pleased to hear Ava is home.

Sending you all our best wishes.

Graham 

• Like 1

I couldn't get onto CC after the show last night.  The not so inexpensive fastest internet at sea on this ship was close to useless last night. It reminded me of Adventure of the Seas.

The cast did a great job with the show last night. Very talented people. The bartenders in the Champagne Lounge are coming around very nicely, too. I guess it just took a little time to connect with them. It was quiet in there after the show and that helps too I guess. Overall I had a great night on the ship. I'm really glad I switched from Harmony to Allure.

It is still dark outside this morning. Should be in Labadee around 7AM. I haven't heard a guest count yet for the week. There are a little over 2000 C&A folks and I think they said 307 D+ folks. I don't remember the count for the other levels. The top tear event was in the Aqua Theater and the put a short diving show on for us.

Still playing with camera adjustments...

20220424_000252.thumb.jpg.39bce384f7eb3535cd96cfeac424a3c5.jpg

20220423_235542.thumb.jpg.4ff6fabaebb9d6e42d278d4ea3c12669.jpg

• Like 21

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I saw this posted on another social media site, and thought some may like this list.

It may be my homework assignment for several nights.

rccl-recipeguide-training.pdf 2.08 MB · 16 downloads

I wonder how up to date this is because it’s labeled RCCL. 
If I’m confused, it’s because my brain is alcohol soaked from reading all the descriptions at 7:30 in the morning!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

A little update on our niece Hila. She can now sit up, feed herself.  She was eating a chocolate bar in the video we received. This is a major achievement for which we are thankful.  When she was asked by the therapist what she wanted, she said "my life back".  She's a trouper and always has a smile on her face in all the pictures/videos we get. Doctors predict it will take many months until she can walk again, possibly not until the end of the year. Baby steps...literally.  

We couldn't wait for Passover to be finished tonight and ended Passover this evening before it got dark. We had chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs and pasta .  Cheesecake for dessert.  Don't tell the Passover police 🤫

Great news about Hila! 
It will  take a while to get her life back, but with perseverance and the loving support of family and friends, she’ll get there. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mamma Mia intermission. The show is awesome.

I’ve been playing my Mamma Mia CD in the car to get ready. By August, I’ll have all the lyrics memorized. 
But I’ll refrain from singing along. 
They’d have to evacuate the audience and the cast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Have you cried yet?  Last cruise I cried just listening to the overture at the beginning. 

I always do that at Le  Miz. As soon as the orchestra plays the first note, the tears come. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I saw this posted on another social media site, and thought some may like this list.

It may be my homework assignment for several nights.

rccl-recipeguide-training.pdf 2.08 MB · 16 downloads

Thanks for posting.  I'll definitely be trying a few of these.  Unfortunately, many drinks on the list use their premixed stuff in a carton.  That's their only realistic option on a ship, but not an option for me at home.

Micheline taught the bartender a drink that she loves, called a Cucumber Mint French 75.  Muddle a few (4) slices of cucumber and a couple (2) mint leaves.  Add a small amount of simple syrup (she doesn't like sweet), 2 oz of gin, and ice.  Shake and strain and pour into a martini glass.  Top with champagne.  Very light and delicious, but packs a little more punch than your typical cocktail.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh yeah.... I've got my earbuds in and listening to ABBA... Have I mentioned how much I like that show?

Mamma Mia is my favorite of Royal's broadway shows.  I like how they end the show in a very upbeat way with the whole cast singing and dancing to Waterloo.  Chicago was a close second.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just stopped at Guest Services. There are 4427 guests aboard.

That's a good number.  Enough people to make things lively and energetic without being too crowded.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I wonder how up to date this is because it’s labeled RCCL. 
If I’m confused, it’s because my brain is alcohol soaked from reading all the descriptions at 7:30 in the morning!

I am thinking it is older, because they list many of the drinks as coming in a souvenir glass, and when was the last time they had those, other than the Coco Loco ?

The mix should be the same though 

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

A little update on our niece Hila. She can now sit up, feed herself.  She was eating a chocolate bar in the video we received. This is a major achievement for which we are thankful.  When she was asked by the therapist what she wanted, she said "my life back".  She's a trouper and always has a smile on her face in all the pictures/videos we get. Doctors predict it will take many months until she can walk again, possibly not until the end of the year. Baby steps...literally.  

We couldn't wait for Passover to be finished tonight and ended Passover this evening before it got dark. We had chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs and pasta .  Cheesecake for dessert.  Don't tell the Passover police 🤫

Sorry I missed what happened to Hila. Glad that she is on the mend and "got her life back". Hugs for Hila.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad you are back home in NJ.  I'll be over for some Eton Mess tomorrow😄

Looks delicious!!!

Thanks Debbie.

I got the recipe from BBC food.

We will have to meet for coffee in the summer or sometime. You live so close to me. I am sure we have passed each other somewhere!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks Debbie.

I got the recipe from BBC food.

We will have to meet for coffee in the summer or sometime. You live so close to me. I am sure we have passed each other somewhere!

I will have to look up the recipe - thank you. 

Yes, we probably have crossed paths somewhere.    That would be really nice to meet up sometime🤩

Yesterday we went to a Memorial Service for my Dear Neighbor Nancy that passed away last April from covid.     Since there was restrictions on amount of people permitted to attend funerals at that time her Husband felt it was time to honor her and hold the memorial at their Church.     Very nice service with a large turn-out of family and friends.     She is dearly missed by all. 

Today is partly cloudy with expected high of 68.     Yard work day.    @Ozark_KidUndecided if I will plant my seedlings as the forecasters are calling for 2 days back into the 50's and low of 36 later this week.    

• Like 1