Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just heard about the Lambda variant yesterday on this thread.     

There will continue to be many variants/mutations of this virus and hopefully our vaccines will continue to work.   I just wish more people would get vaccinated.     We seem to be at a stand still with only 64.5% of PA residents vaccinated with 1 shot or more.    I don't think the majority of the unvaxxed will change their mind anytime soon.    I am sure Royal is closely watching too.   

Depending on what you read, Texas is either 61,  52 or 47% vaccinated as of today.  Most New England states are top of the list of most vaccinated.

I agree that most unvaxxed adults by now will not change their minds and so many, including double vaxxed folks are impacted by their choice.

I'm happy for all who are now or have recently cruised but I'm glad my next cruise is not until 2023.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Just olive oil (and some salt).

We're "big" on olive oil here, Mediterranean diet very healthy.

I was looking at the already cooked pic and thought you added something.  We love olive oil too.  I like making baguettes and then dipping in olive oil and spices.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s a great idea.  Most of the time we dump our phone photos to backup and forget about them.  Lately my wife prints some off at Walmart and then sticks them on the fridge.  We also have a board that says Grandkid’s Make Life more Grand.  It has a string below it and with mini clothes pins we hang pics of grandkids.

Love the idea with the clothes pins.  This way you can change out the pictures to include current ones.

Hope you and your grandchild (boy or girl?) are feeling better.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you back home now?    How you feeling after the infusion?     You mentioned earlier about some of the others in the infusion area looked to be worse than you, I wonder if they were vaccinated.      

Back home.  When I first got out I felt a little light headed and a bit disoriented but I am feeling a lot better now.  Now that I am retired I usually don’t get up at 5am. That and sitting for 3 hours in a mask probably had something to do with it.  Btw, I planned to bring bottled water and forgot. Luckily they provided some.  As soon as I got home my wife gave me another bottle and pointed out a couple of partials I needed to finish. She said drink water! 😂. A friend of mine prescribed some Budesonide Inhalation back last Dec just in case.  When he heard I tested positive he suggested to start using it.  I started yesterday and just took it again and I feel so much better!  As of now my temperature is back to normal, I am barely congested.  Not a bad headache either.

I have no idea if they were vaccinated.  Before the infusions started one was really looking bad.  At one point all the nurses were trying to help her.  I thought she was going to have to go to the main hospital.  They finally got here under control.  She looked a lot better by the time I left. So thankful for her.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Love the idea with the clothes pins.  This way you can change out the pictures to include current ones.

Hope you and your grandchild (boy or girl?) are feeling better.

Thanks, it’s my grandson.  He has had a cough but is doing ok.  He will be 6 next month.  When they tell his little sister they are not going to Lakeside she answers "No". 😂 

I am tired but feeling much better.  I am betting once I take a nap I will feel much better.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Back home.  When I first got out I felt a little light headed and a bit disoriented but I am feeling a lot better now.  Now that I am retired I usually don’t get up at 5am. That and sitting for 3 hours in a mask probably had something to do with it.  Btw, I planned to bring bottled water and forgot. Luckily they provided some.  As soon as I got home my wife gave me another bottle and pointed out a couple of partials I needed to finish. She said drink water! 😂. A friend of mine prescribed some Budesonide Inhalation back last Dec just in case.  When he heard I tested positive he suggested to start using it.  I started yesterday and just took it again and I feel so much better!  As of now my temperature is back to normal, I am barely congested.  Not a bad headache either.

I have no idea if they were vaccinated.  Before the infusions started one was really looking bad.  At one point all the nurses were trying to help her.  I thought she was going to have to go to the main hospital.  They finally got here under control.  She looked a lot better by the time I left. So thankful for her.

Glad to hear you have a good Wife taking good care of you (make sure to listen to her 😇).    Sounds like you are on the mend and will probably feel even better tomorrow.     Take it easy today, relax and binge on cruisecritic or a good book.

Also happy to hear your Grandson is doing good.     Too cute to hear Little Sis said "No"    like she's going no matter what.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I believe the Moderna shots will help you get through it if you unfortunately get it.  Trust it. Seems to have made a difference for me.

Indeed, I am with you.  If we get it...we don't get near as sick...or much worse.  🙂  Really happy you are doing better already.  The vaccine makes a difference.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When visiting we went to the beach and were finding shark’s teeth.  It was cool until I thought, there is only one reason we are finding so many teeth.  About that time someone yelled look!  Luckily it was dolphins but it got me to jump 😂 

Amazing when you find those really...really big Sharks teeth.  Those sharks from the ancient world would scare the crap out of anyone!  😄 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So do I.

There is a tiny restaurant on state Road 40 that runs to Ocala from the east coast in Florida that advertises "Famous Fried Clams".   Has been there for years.  We have yet to stop there...but I think we need to make an effort the next time.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You're brave to try a new hair stylist.  I can't wait to see your #4 new digs.  Wild Man Bucky!

Yup, into a brave new world.  😬   But don't want to go the next 8 weeks that we have left up here as "Shaggy Island Lady".  😉   At least I trim my own bangs...or I would start barking.  Woof!! 

Me too, looking forward to the "Moose Cabin" on the lake in the middle of the northwoods.  Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh My!!  Errr...at least Bears and Moose anyway.  😄 

Lady renting the cabin out to us calls the resident Moose in the area.... "Swamp Donkeys".  LOL! 

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 1:57 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Welcome back to the thread and Congratulations. I’ve found a lot happens here in a couple days.  If you miss more you could be behind. 

Thank you so much, Andrew!  You're not kidding!!  Thank you for your good wishes!

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know, I just wish more people would get vaccinated.  I'm tired of hearing about vaccines expiring and going to waste too!

I’m amazed at the peoples’ reasons for not doing it. My.own sister-in-law, who is a science teacher said there have been too many deaths from being vaccinated with Pfizer and Moderna vaccine. 
I asked for her source, and got no answer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Depending on what you read, Texas is either 61,  52 or 47% vaccinated as of today.  Most New England states are top of the list of most vaccinated.

I agree that most unvaxxed adults by now will not change their minds and so many, including double vaxxed folks are impacted by their choice.

I'm happy for all who are now or have recently cruised but I'm glad my next cruise is not until 2023.

There was over 95 percent vaccinated on my cruise, I am comfortable with the testing they are forcing the non vaccinated passengers to comply with, which is causing them considerable expense and hassle   . Have another cruise in November and another in February. We were vaccinated as soon as we were able to . We are also flying again in about a month for a Denver family visit. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Wow, been away for a few days and so much to catch up on.  Our summer of fun continues, and it has been exhausting at times.  Managed to squeeze in some more boating and tubing with the grandkids, as well as other activities (movies, soccer, art projects, lego wars competitions). 

Grandson wanted a bird feeder, so I gathered some pieces of wood and plexiglass I had laying around and told him we could make one. 

We worked out a pattern and I cut the pieces we would need. 

72CDB141-2827-47AE-BF24-494FE0C7FB1F.thumb.jpeg.aa07ce1971625e55b741a0f2b85b6198.jpeg

He wanted it blue, so I put him to work painting all the pieces.  

7BBD23AD-98D6-4454-A929-4E4F1864BAE0.thumb.jpeg.8027ae2b8a6bfb4d7b209ebcc45c9842.jpeg

Predrilled all the pieces so he would have an easy time with assembly. 

CDCD9015-2319-4527-A1AE-34525E9F4750.thumb.jpeg.6c791025d1d468e2e4ee1dda2117d326.jpeg

Of course, we had to take time for a meal between paint coats.  

59B769F2-D2ED-4207-85D9-98FBCD335098.thumb.jpeg.eb1179dff8804d6ff4508fa6c5a79e45.jpeg

And the finished product. 

FADE7987-8734-47F0-B3D6-6E3D524BE655.thumb.jpeg.a3fb8d6229c526e9ba176065bdbc5320.jpeg

Wow!  Great job, and a great experience for your grandson!  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lionesss said:

And I will close with my philosophy of living

". . . Remember in life there is always something olde to be sought and enjoyed, always something new to be found, treasured, and shared.  Thank You for letting me share my life with you. . . "

♥️

Wow, Sue, what a stressful 73 days of living on pins and needles, while also preparing for the happy occasion of your daughter's Wedding.  I'm glad to hear that you and your husband finally got the medical news that you did.  Life is short, we must try to live life to the fullest (and try to remind ourselves this constantly)  I love your philosophy of living.  God Bless!

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 took your advice and went to bed early….. well earlier.  Funny thing is I woke up at 5am and could not get back to sleep. 😂 oh well I tried.  At least now I have plenty of time to get ready and I am feeling better.  

Glad to hear you're feeling better.  Good luck with your treatment!  How is your grandchild feeling?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

For some reason, work on that history book has slowed down this summer.  😂. I will have enough copies of it published, so that each grandkid will have one of those. 

What a wonderful keepsake for all of your grandchildren!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes for our 50th Anniversary.  We keep asking ourselves where the time has gone?  Then we look at our daughters and grandchildren, and feel so blessed to have made it this far.

Thank you, Sunshine, Debbie , DaniDanielle, Marietta,  ReneeFLL, Renee,  Grapau27 Graham, lenquixote66, Lenny,  dani negreane, dani,  A&L_Ont. Andrew,  BonTexasNY Bonnie,  and  jagsfan and any that I missed since I hadn't read all of the pages.   I so appreciate being a part of your wonderful group.  Thank you for taking me along!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

There was over 95 percent vaccinated on my cruise, I am comfortable with the testing they are forcing the non vaccinated passengers to comply with, which is causing them considerable expense and hassle   . Have another cruise in November and another in February. We were vaccinated as soon as we were able to . We are also flying again in about a month for a Denver family visit. 

I'm glad you were comfortable and had a good cruise.  I was not criticizing at all, just stating how I personally feel.  My husband would have been happier to wait until next year to book but I wanted to get my balcony choice early for the 2023 Friends of Bella cruise.  Yea!

Safe and happy travels to you.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes for our 50th Anniversary.  We keep asking ourselves where the time has gone?  Then we look at our daughters and grandchildren, and feel so blessed to have made it this far.

Thank you, Sunshine, Debbie , DaniDanielle, Marietta,  ReneeFLL, Renee,  Grapau27 Graham, lenquixote66, Lenny,  dani negreane, dani,  A&L_Ont. Andrew,  BonTexasNY Bonnie,  and  jagsfan and any that I missed since I hadn't read all of the pages.   I so appreciate being a part of your wonderful group.  Thank you for taking me along!!

Your input makes this a happy place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm glad you were comfortable and had a good cruise.  I was not criticizing at all, just stating how I personally feel.  My husband would have been happier to wait until next year to book but I wanted to get my balcony choice early for the 2023 Friends of Bella cruise.  Yea!

Safe and happy travels to you.

I understand we have friends and family that still do not go to restaurants etc, looking forward to Denver they have a great Jewish deli with fantastic pastrami that we visit every trip, they have a sign on there front door you are now leaving Denver and entering New York, since we will skip New York at least we get get a great meal. 

• Like 3