What are the chances end of may cruises starting up?

seaman11

STOP asking if your cruise will be CANCELLED!
Lots of threads here asking the SAME THING! Can someone start a thread to say STOP!
Watch the news, and don't be so self-centered. YOUR cruise is not gonna happen for a long time...

I log on here to see other peoples's experiences with their symptoms (COVID-19) after previous cruise BEFORE it was "Officially Diagnosed".  I had symptoms in October...

Your cruise is not happening in the next 6 -24 months. Research how to get your $ back just as I did when Sandy ripped through here and had to rebuild.

STOP being self-centered about your cruise and put that energy into helping who are out of work and support healthcare workers.

Have you lost your home due to tornadoes, floods? I did. Somehow society has lost their values...

Sure...you need to get your $ back and I totally understand.  But PLEASE stop MINIMIZING this crisis and posting ENDLESS issues  about when WE CAN CRUISE AGAIN.

Get a grip people. Channel your energy into helping others and NOT about your impending cruise which may or may/not be cancelled.  Use your head!

We all want to cruise again...but it is not happening in the near future and USE COMMON SENSE and STOP BEING self-absorbed about your Cruise that was cancelled.

I have a cruise booked in September 2021.  Right now, I am more concerned how my College kid will continue his education via remote learning and my other son can continue his education at night in Trades.  My son cleared out his dorm at NJ College which may be converted to Hospital Beds to support pandemic to Tri-State.

Yes,  this is Cruise Critic and we chat about cruising.  Right about now, y'all need to stop asking STUPID questions about your sailing(s) in 2 months.

Relax.  It will be okay.

JMO and be safe 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Lots of threads here asking the SAME THING! Can someone start a thread to say STOP!
Watch the news, and don't be so self-centered. YOUR cruise is not gonna happen for a long time...

I log on here to see other peoples's experiences with their symptoms (COVID-19) after previous cruise BEFORE it was "Officially Diagnosed".  I had symptoms in October...

Your cruise is not happening in the next 6 -24 months. Research how to get your $ back just as I did when Sandy ripped through here and had to rebuild.

STOP being self-centered about your cruise and put that energy into helping who are out of work and support healthcare workers.

Have you lost your home due to tornadoes, floods? I did. Somehow society has lost their values...

Sure...you need to get your $ back and I totally understand.  But PLEASE stop MINIMIZING this crisis and posting ENDLESS issues  about when WE CAN CRUISE AGAIN.

Get a grip people. Channel your energy into helping others and NOT about your impending cruise which may or may/not be cancelled.  Use your head!

We all want to cruise again...but it is not happening in the near future and USE COMMON SENSE and STOP BEING self-absorbed about your Cruise that was cancelled.

I have a cruise booked in September 2021.  Right now, I am more concerned how my College kid will continue his education via remote learning and my other son can continue his education at night in Trades.  My son cleared out his dorm at NJ College which may be converted to Hospital Beds to support pandemic to Tri-State.

Yes,  this is Cruise Critic and we chat about cruising.  Right about now, y'all need to stop asking STUPID questions about your sailing(s) in 2 months.

Relax.  It will be okay.

JMO and be safe 🙂

Did you read the title of the thread?  Who forced you to read the thread and post?  Perhaps you could start your own thread. As of today the May cruises are still on, no matter how unrealistic that seems right now. By the end of April you will undoubtedly have a chance to complain about the new thread "What are the chances end of June cruises starting up?"

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Did you read the title of the thread?  Who forced you to read the thread and post?  Perhaps you could start your own thread. As of today the May cruises are still on, no matter how unrealistic that seems right now. By the end of April you will undoubtedly have a chance to complain about the new thread "What are the chances end of June cruises starting up?"

Good grief. Do not insult my intelligence about my ability to receive data/real time experiences and therefore post.  No one forced me to read thread and post.  Thank God! 

Cruise on...

2 hours ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Good grief. Do not insult my intelligence about my ability to receive data/real time experiences and therefore post.  No one forced me to read thread and post.  Thank God! 

Cruise on...

i made this thread, if you read the title  to be in general so that ppl dont make many threads asking if their specific cruise will be cancelled. 

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Did you get the Drinks Package?😁

It's BYOB, no 20% add-on or corkage fees - although niece's hubby doesn't drink, neither do we.  Icy cold soda or coffee and Gatorade will do nicely.  Haven't caught a lobster in a while (it's not black ... iPhone filter error) & never heard of "trigger fish" and that was a big one we caught.  Beautiful, open air 360 oceanview ... but, Susan won't come along (not fond of motion, unlike me)

Although, I don't think boaters are quite ready to be out & about in Long Island yet, or the Jersey shores for that matter.  Sadly, extended family already reported knowing of two sad & unexpected C19 deaths and they weren't "high risks" nor work in healthcare - RIP.  Nephew worked today and they unloaded pallets of relief supplies flown into JFK on a regular B773 mix pax-cargo flight ... masks, googles & other PPE.  Ventilators were not on their cargo manifest.  

Seriously, folks - it's a matter of life & death, 6 apart or 6 under.  Stay at home & help save lives.  

Long Island south shore fishing 2014.jpg

• Like 2

Listen. There is A HOSPITAL SHIP FROM THE NAVY berthed at Pier 90 in Manhattan!!! Please think about that for a second! My Encore is scheduled to leave from Pier 88 on May 17th. Maybe as they’re treating Covid Patients at The Javits Center and loading Critically ill patients on vents on the hospital ship at next berth, I can hold my Dark and Stormy and wave from my balcony as they load the critically ill next door. SERIOUSLY??? 

There is a hospital ship at Manhattan Cruise Port through at least May. Please put that in perspective!! 

Good gosh you can’t make this s**t up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 11:04 PM, Isabella Benjamin said:

I don't think I'm going to be able to get a haircut by May, much less go on a cruise.  

For some reason,  hairdressers are still open here. Not sure how.  There are some cute memes on  social distancing haircuts.  I am not expecting to have my hair cut for some months if then. And I totally agree with you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

Probably sail out of Brooklyn instead said the hopelessly optimistic.

Nope. Red Hook Cruise Terminal itself being converted into another field hospital for patient care by the Army Corp.  Refrigerated trucks might be parked on the waterfront parking lot to serve as temporary morgue as the ME is backed up and funeral industry struggled too.

No passenger cruises for a while.

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 8:18 PM, seaman11 said:

why not? if it gets canceled , more FCC. 

You are seriously mistaken. oh and lets hope the cruse lines are still in business 

Any cruise booked in the period will only get 100% FC and the prices will go up.

16 hours ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Relax.  It will be okay.

JMO and be safe 🙂

You kind of answered you own question here. This to will pass

On 4/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, Comi.uy said:

Theres plenty of cruise loving people, including all this board. It'll take a while to get to the point we were before the virus but cruising aint going away.

No amount of cruiser love is going to solve the enormous problems that all cruise lines now face.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 7:33 PM, OceanBlueWaters said:

Relax.  It will be okay.

JMO and be safe 🙂

The economy is in crisis, too. Too many people are quick to forget about that. I’m eager to take my scheduled cruises because I want to help the cruise line stay afloat (no pun intended) and all of those people that rely on it for their job so that they can support their family and survive. For the same reason I have been ordering a lot of restaurant take out. That is not selfish! We all still have to “survive” after this virus runs it’s course!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Newleno said:

You kind of answered you own question here. This to will pass

But can you assure people will STOP asking STUPID questions about their cruise in 2 days from now, 3 days from now, 4 days from.  I continue to shake my head about the lack of knowledge people have.

We all need to relax and perhaps focus on this pandemic.

Networks are NOT airing Press Conferences from the WH and simply running Basketball games. ABC, NBC, CBS in my area are not airing WH Briefings although they aired HOURS of impeachment trials.    Censorship?  I go to other networks to find out about the status of this crisis and Presidential Briefings which is HUGE and the American people need to know.
Networks are NOT delivering this information to the American people!  Good grief...

This is an injustice to Americans.  Why are the Networks censoring to what we see?  We deserve to see President in WH Briefings on Public pandemic briefings  (on all channels) and essentially make our decision in voting polls.  Whether or not you like the President, Presidential coverage NEEDS to be broadcasted on all channels and not censored.  This pandemic is huge.  The media deciding what I should "see" is disgusting.

Not sure why Networks aired more time about Impeachment rather than this pandemic.

Hang tight everyone...

Be safe:)
🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

the airlines are filling up on my dates of traveling for the cruise may20th.  thats good news for anyone hoping to cruise in may. 

that would be because over 70 percent of flights are cancelled and flights are being consolidated 

12 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Networks are NOT airing Press Conferences from the WH and simply running Basketball games. 

This is an injustice to Americans.  Why are the Networks censoring to what we see?  We deserve to see President in WH Briefings on Public pandemic briefings  (on all channels) and essentially make our decision in voting polls.  

Have tRUMP on every channel?  Sorry to hear the Jersey Shore doesn't get any of the 24 hour "news" networks.  Agree it should be carried on the comedy channels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GlamorousGirl said:

The economy is in crisis, too. Too many people are quick to forget about that. I’m eager to take my scheduled cruises because I want to help the cruise line stay afloat (no pun intended) and all of those people that rely on it for their job so that they can support their family and survive. For the same reason I have been ordering a lot of restaurant take out. That is not selfish! We all still have to “survive” after this virus runs it’s course!

Wait, what? Are you the same person who posted how you traveled from Atlantic City  NJ to NY (when everything was shut down) and boasted how you washed your hands and did not infect anyone on travels back?  Good grief...

I am guessing you are like 22 years old....

JMO

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

the airlines are filling up on my dates of traveling for the cruise may20th.  thats good news for anyone hoping to cruise in may. 

No normal person in their right mind that has paid any attention to what is going on with this pandemic would actually think there is any sort of chance that cruises will be sailing in May. You can take it to the bank that it is not happening! 

Edited by yankees111

4 minutes ago, yankees111 said:

No normal person in their right mind that has paid any attention to what is going on with this pandemic would actually think there is any sort of chance that cruises will be sailing in May. You can take it to the bank that it is not happening! 

He is actually desperate to go on his 5 day cruise and will not listen to reason from anyone.

Clearly  Seaman 11 lives in a different world and will use anything to convince himself he will cruise

The cruse lines have no staff but he ignores this. 

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

How do you know they are filling up you do  not and how many seats are there in the first place. You thought you were clever and could get another 125% FCC but you are sadly misguided. You somehow thinks planers are full. but ignore those grounded and you can not get your head around there are no crew. 

You clearly do not like reality - BTE Royal have said they may not re open until after the summer!!! Think that's more likely than a 5 day cruise ot nowhere with no ports open,

1 hour ago, GlamorousGirl said:

The economy is in crisis.... indeed and so no doubt are the cruise lines -- If you can get it I would take a refund not FCC

I am trying very hard not to mention all the misinformation that has come from some of the COVID19 pressers.  So I am not going to.  Politicians should let the doctors and scientists give the briefings.  Like someone said, I want Tom Brady at QB.  I don’t need a cheerleader at this point.  I want facts and not politics.  We were not prepared for this pandemic even through countless people were aware that this very type of virus could happen.  Asleep at the wheel is a good group, as in music, but I don’t want leaders asleep at the helm.  Let’s kill this virus.  The economy will come back.  We will survive and great times are in the future.  I want for our country to be prepared.  No freaking excuses.  I don’t care who the president was before.  Take responsibility.  Man up.  Admit mistakes and we will all learn from each other.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Take responsibility.  Man up.  Admit mistakes   

You ask this from a "Christian" who said be never asked God for forgiveness because he never did anything requiring forgiveness.

• Haha 1